This was my second stay at the Deevana and I was really looking forward to it. The hotel fully lived up my expectations - it is beautifully laid out, with 2 different wings. Previously I had stayed in the garden wing (clusters of bungalows over a large area set in a tropical garden), but this time we were in the spa wing (3 storey buildings in a U arrangement around a sparkling pool). Both wings are amazing and not much to choose between then - I enjoyed both!
The hotel is very well located, even though it is not on the beach. It is down a small road, just back from the second road from the Patong Beach. It is about a 10 min walk to the beach and about 15 min to the BangLa Road nightlife area. This makes both of these easily accessible, but the hotel itself is tranquil and quite and away from the frantic pace of Patong.
The hotel staff were incredible - so friendly and helpful, never without a smile! And this went for all staff we met, reception, bar, restaurant and even housekeeping. Though we have to mention the reception staff especially as they were really friendly. Checkin was a breeze and whatever you asked, they helped. There was a minor language barrier at times, but nothing a smile couldn't overcome and this never presented itself as an issue at all.
The hotel was 2 pools, one in each wing. Staying in the spa wing, we used that pool and used it quite a bit. Sadly I had brought a bit of food poisoning with me from Bangkok, so we spent the first 2 days in the hotel just in case and spending these days pool side was so relaxing that we didn't mind that we couldn't leave the hotel - you feel like you are in a tropical oasis. This pool has a bar in the pool! Cocktails were really good and cheap during happy hour.
The room itself was spacious and very comfortable - not the biggest that we have stayed in, but well laid out so that it was never cramped. And it had a proper sized shower! The cleanliness was without exception.
The Deevana is well geared to guests who have late flights (as all SA flights are!). We had to checkout by midday, but could use all facilities for the rest of the day and they provided a shower and toilet to freshen up before we left for the airport - again so well done. We used hotel transport back to the airport - not the cheapest option, but really efficient and comfortable.
The breakfast was tasty, but there wasn't much variety and after a week, it became a bit repetitive as the food was very similar each day. The range included Western, Thai and Indian food, but only 2 dishes of each. One thing they have improved on since my last stay was the coffee - now its really good! The breakfast is served in a restaurant that overlooks the pool and is an amazing setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Patong Resort And Spa locates 200 metre from Patong Beach whilst has never been effected by tsunami and has been operating as usual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Deevana Patong Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deevana Patong Resort And Spa
- Deevana Patong Hotel Patong
- Deevana Patong Resort & Spa Phuket