“A little gem hidden in Patong”

Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel has a rustic theme and the place is well kept. We stayed on the first floor where we had our own jacuzzi, it was nice to sit in the water after a long night walking Bangla road. The place is close to anything you need (supermarket, money exchanger, bike rentals, etc.) and nicely tucked inside a side street that you won't hear the bustling main street during the day and night. The staff are helpful and courteous which is always a plus when you are a guest in a different country. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who wishes to relax and enjoy Phuket.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I travel to Patong Beach every year and Deevana has become my favourite place to stay. It's hard to fault it. The staff are polite, helpful and just simply lovely, They always had a smile for us and greeted us by name. The one exception is the Pool Barman, a chubby little guy, he was a little grumpy and the only time I saw him smile was when my brother dropped his chip in the water! This trip we went with my brother and sister in law and we both had what you could describe as "pool Access" room as they are on the ground floor and you simple have to step beside your private outdoor spa and you're at the pool. These are the most expensive rooms at the resort at a very reasonable 2,400Baht per night. The lovely Tuck was kind enough to throw in a few vouchers, a free massage for my wife and I, a 300Baht dinner voucher, free coffee and cake for us in the resort Cafe, free Mini Bar for a day and a free drink each at the pool bar with Mr. Grumpy! The price includes a full buffet breakfast which was fabulous, the four of us went every morning and it was the perfect way to start the day. The rooms are spacious and spotless and the bathrooms fully equipped and lovely. Deevana is set back from the beach so you will not get views of the water but it is also very quiet and relaxing and our view of the pool was just fine! Don't be put off by the cheap price, this is a class resort and I have stayed at many including Kata Thani which is very beautiful on the beach at Kata, yes it has more pools and a lovely view of the beach but apart from that Deevana is it's equal and more personable. 10 out of 10 Deevana and thank you so much to all the lovely staff, even Mr. Grumpy!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10.00 and get a ground level room at the main pool for easy access to the beautiful p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marty C
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Location : Very close to the Patong beach. You have to cross the main road and its a 2-3 minute walk. Lot of convenience stores, places to eat and drink on the main road. Soi Bangla is about 10-15 min walk.

Rooms : Garden side accomodations are a little away from the main hotel building, but they are spacious with a separate bedroom. Rooms are clean and well maintained. There was no WiFi on the garden side though.

Service : Prompt and friendly.

Food : We ate outside - can't comment on the quality of food at the hotel.

There are plenty of hotels around this part of Phuket, and it can be difficult to find the one best suited for you. However, you can't go wrong with Deevana Patong, even if it is not the best value for money.

Room Tip: Garden side rooms are bigger, although they can seem isolated. Also, there is no WiFi.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Journeyor1729
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at Deevana for 6 nights during Mid June. Booked directly on Hotel website and got a lot of freebies like free transfer, 2 thai massage, 2 coffees, 1 meal and 2 drinks!!
Wonderful staff, Decent breakfast (including some Indian Veg options), Awesome swimming pools (there are 2 pools and both are grt), free wifi..The massage was good too..we also took a massage (foot masage and head & Shoulder massage) at Sweet Dreams (or a similar name) very close to the resort and that was also very good.
Arnd 2/2.5 km frm patong beach and Bangla road...Unlike the reviews - the hotel provided for free transfer to beach only once through the day at 10 30am..Maybe coz this was the off season - not sure thou..
I would call it a 4 star if not for the room which are Ok but nothing grt..we took the standard garden view room..carry your toiletries since they only provide liquid soap..also, the garden area seemed to be under maintenance.
In all I would call it a Value for Money Resort. Had a grt stay..wud love to go back :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank payal2701
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location and it is only a 10 minute walk into Bangla road, the pools are really nice and clean, we had 2 spa rooms and they were great apart from one of the showers being a bit dirty, but 2 minutes of cleaning and it was nice again , and there is no hot water before 7am as we found out one morning, the food was good and the drinks were reasonable during happy hour, and our son loved the cats around the place he had names for them all and there kittens, went to breakfast once and it was ok, we just prefer to mix it up, the staff were great kept to themselves, it also sounded like they were redecorating a few rooms during the day, the TV service was hit and miss sometimes it was on other times nothing at all (for the young fella)
Would I stay here again most definitely as the location is great and the pool is always quiet you can always get a sun bed any time of the day, and the music around the pool was fine not too loud or annoying.

Room Tip: Any room in the spa wing area as you don't have to go through reception.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pendad100
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked 4 nights here from 30th May. I booked it online. It could be reserved rooms according to our request when we arrived. It nearby the Patong beach and market, and breakfast is delicious, but the free wifi should be entered the login ID and password every time. Overall, it can be satisfied for us, we will book here again when we come here next time.

Room Tip: I like to choose Superior Garden Wing. Because I can be with my friends sit outdoor, and we can talk...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JIEYING Z
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My son chose this property as the place for us to meet up and start our 3-generation Thailand holiday. He'd been there before. What a lovely property. I travelled alone on this my first visit to Phuket, so was glad to take advantage of the hotel's included airport transfer and breakfasts. Spacious room in the garden wing. A hard bed but I believe that's common in Thailand. 2 beautiful pools, friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfast. A short walk to the beach, shops, restaurants and bars. We also ate inhouse at the Balcony Cafe as we had 2 vouchers to use there. Delicious food, well presented and good value even if one was paying. I wouldn't rush back to Patong as there are other areas of Phuket which appeal more as a destination, but I'd probably spend a few days at Deevana to start or end my Phuket holiday.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Louise B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Patong Mansion Hotel
Chanalai Garden Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#12 of 56 in Kata Beach
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Been to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!