“BEAUTIFUL HOTEL, FANTASTIC PRICE, I WILL BE BACK!”

Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 1 July 2009

A girfriend and I recently stayed at the Deevana Resort and spa in Patong, We had already been in Phuket staying at another resort earlier and when we arrived at the Deevana we really felt like we were in paradise. We were upgraded to a superior room which was absolutely stunning, very clean spacious and tidy overlooking the pool. The complimentary breakfast was absolutely amazing with lots of variety. The hotel staff were very lovely and helpful especially the barman at the swim up bar hahaha. Each day there were 2 for one cocktails during happy hour & the cocktails were devine. We had a great time at the deevana and when I head back to phuket that is defintly where I will be going to stay!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank rogueharlequin
There are newer reviews for Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

Reviewed 30 June 2009

i am sad by the way am being treated.. i came with my partner and was not even offer a welcome drink and the way how they loked at me is one fo kind just because of my looks of a thai gal.. during my stay, i was being mistaken as a thai gal or rather a thai call gal!!.. was disappointed that when we checked in with our singapore passports, doesnt the receptionist know we are tourists by looking at our passports??!!.. However, overall the hotel stay was excellent.. the breakfast is catered for all international.. is also accessible to all places and walking distance to patong beach.. we rented a transport to their so call factory outlet..no doubt the concept is same as harbour town..the clothes are cheap and good.. weather is generally humid throughout.. food located on streets are excellent and their authentic thai foodie is really authentic.. the nightlife is amazing and of course gets to feel the culture.. while shopping on streets, is always good to bargain and get good price.. the beach especially the waves does of course reminds us of gold coast and is really fun and excitement..

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I stayed at Deevana for 15 days in JUNE 09,my wife and 10 year old son.We stayed in the spa wing overlooking the pool. The room was big ,a very
big king size bed and a large roll away bed for our son. room had good size balcony with tables and chairs..Every thing clean and tidy..every thing worked.
Buffet breakfast was excellent with good choices..some choices changed daily..
Ambience an atmosphere of the hotel good
Staff good..polite...booked atour at the tour desk ,was not overpriced same as on the net
The walk to the beach is no more than 7 minutes
(dont know why some people quote 15 minutes)
We have travelled to THAILAND many times on business and holiday but this was our first time in phuket.The DEEVANA made it relaxing holiday,
although we will probably not return to Phuket
as we prefer Bangkok and the north
Overall the DEEVANA is agood hotel if you want to be in Patong Phuket

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank skeeterSydney
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I stayed at spa wing for 3 nites in June. The room was cosy and quite spacious and facing a lovely swimming pool (2 pools in fact). As I shared the room with my kid, I was given an extra rollaway bed. The hotel also gave a complimentary return airport transfer, a free massage for 2 per room as well as free afternoon tea. For only B1750 per nite, I found the offer - valued for my money. Breakfast were included but the buffet spread is just a so so. And I need to pay an additional B200 for my 2 kids which I found not really worth it considering the fact that we can only consume the bread, fresh fruits and drinks! The hotel is quite far (on my kid's standard) from the beach i.e 10 to 15 minutes walk. There are always a tuk tuk on standby but the price - I might say is the most exorbitant in the world. Didn't know my way, I hired a tuk tuk and asked the driver to take me to an arabic restaurant in front of Bayshore Hotel. Our rides actually last for less than one minute as the restaurant is actually just a few steps away. I felt cheated when the driver asked for B100. I argued but he retorted back and claimed that B100 is the base price of all tuk tuk! With a bumpy ride, humid and uncomfortable seat and one need to bow as to avoid not being hit by the roof, I really don't recommend tuk tuk for anybody. It seems that they are monopolising the transportation business (and a rip off for the tourist) as I could not sighted any taxi or hired car around Patong areas during my four days there. Tuk tuk aside, I found that the beach in Patong, Karon, Kata, Kamala and especially in Phi Phi island are really beautiful and with an amazing happening surrounding. A tip for muslim traveller:- do not fret abound food in Phuket as there are a lot of muslim restaurant serving authentic, tasty thai dishes. Just a walking distance from Deevana hotel, you will find a budget stall owned by a Malaysian. Along the way to airport, please search for Marina Kitchen- as I found the food is really realy delicious. If you want to have a day sightseeing - please avoid the tuk-tuk and instead ask the hotel staff. Some of them have a friend who will offer you a private tour (with driver) for only B600 for 6 hours. And they can personalise your trip according to your preference.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank NazarethKualaLumpur
Reviewed 3 June 2009

I got this hotel for a good price so I think my expectations set lower. I found the stay really good though. Location I thought would be a problem but it was only taking us 10-15 mins to get to town, considering you normally go walking around the markets for the next 4 hours its a small price to pay for a cheaper hotel good quality hotel. There are plenty of little restaruants, bars and convenience stores only 150 meters from the hotel also if you dont want to go into town.

The staff were good and very helpful, it boasts two nice pools and a nice restaurant.

We stayed in the garden wing which is older, the rooms may be a little dated but still functional and comfortable. They offer an upgrade to the superior rooms for 800baht if your not happy there. I think the superior rooms would be a little less private and a bit noisier as they are built around the main pool and restaurant, but in saying that i didnt stay in them, i just noticed it whilst swimming/dining.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatandGray
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 3 children in 2 of the Spa wing rooms, we had a pleasant holiday and found the hotel to be of a good standard for the price we paid. Breakfast was good and the hotel staff were friendly. Now for the bad part... we had £600 stolen from our room safe. I dont know how they did it but they were able to open my safe, take some money and close it again without the code being lost, as I say I dont know how they did it, but it happened, I know this as we suspected money had gone missing so we set a trap to check it was not us miscounting our money and sure enough after returning to our room on our last day at the hotel another £200 was gone. We reported this to the hotel reception who sent a duty manager to see us, who said this was impossable and did we have holiday insurance to cover it !!! I understand the hotel thinking it is impossable for somebody to open the safe without losing the security number but somebody has found a system which enables them to do it, they are also doing it very cleverly as they are not taking everything just enough to hope you dont notice. We reported the incident to the police who were very helpful but were unable to do much as we were leaving the following day. The reason I have only given a rateing of one for service is nothing to do with the hotels general staff who were very good but we requested to speak with the General Manager of the hotel to inform him he had a security problem at his hotel but we were informed by reception that he was to busy to see us and we should leave our email address!!!! I have since emailed him and after 12 days received an email from him telling me that it must have been one of my family steeling from our safe !!! That would be clever if true as only I knew the security numbers to open it !! I feel disgusted by his attitude to the whole incident, I did not expect the General Manager to give me the money back I was simply trying to inform them that they had a security problem that they need to address, and for him to actually accuse my family of steeling from me is disgraceful. If you intend to stay in this hotel in the future please be very careful about using the inroom safes. Unfortunately due to the General Managers attitude we will not be using this hotel on our next visit to Patong

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
7  Thank richatki
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Deevana patong resort has definitely live up to its reputation, I was staying a Deluxe jazuzzi room and it was superb, the room was spacious and toiletries were replaced everday. It also within a walking distance to the beach, the seafood hawker stalls and oriental spa and massage! if you were looking for something great and value for money, deevana is your choice

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank uchee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Patong Mansion Hotel
#12 of 56 in Kata Beach
Seaview Patong Hotel
Seaview Patong Hotel
#12 of 328 in Patong

Been to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!