Where do I start. This trip was to celebrate my younger sister's 40th birthday. There were 5 of us. Mum, 2 sisters, me and my teenage daughters, so we had all age groups covered.
Value for money. Our American breakfasts were included in our package but we found that our evening meals in the resort were best value for money and health wise - the safest.
Service; They were repairing the lift while we were there and Mum couldn't do three flights of stairs so they relocated us for the night and comp'd an evening meal for the 5 of us.
Facilities; Internet access reasonably priced (150 baht p/hr); pool with swim up bar was excellent; shuttle bus into Patong regular and despite initial apprehension, very safe. Sitting around the bar at night, chatting with other Aussies was one of the highlights of the trip; Laundry service was cheap, reliable, well worth the cost. Resort was clean in all areas.
Safety; Felt safe and secure. Nothing stolen. Nothing dodgy added to our bill.
Staff; After a couple of days, they knew who we were and whether we had tea or coffee at breakfast. Very personalised. Loved it.
Other Guests; Mainly couples on their 3rd or 4th visit or Aussie families. The repeat business says it all.
The View; Its not called Sunset Beach Resort for nothing. Each evening, we would sit and watch the sun set over the horizon. Outstanding.
the towels in the bathroom. How petty does that sound??? But they were grey, thin and tired.
Was a wonderful experience we cant wait to repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SUNSET BEACH RESORT - The best value hotel located at the Quiet Beach Front in Patong Area, Phuket. Sunset Beach Resort is for those wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of Patongs main strip but close enough to visit it with a very short trip to the town center. Our hotel has many sea view rooms, a free form pool beach front restaurant and bar, FREE shuttle bus to Patong every 30 minutes and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Hotel Patong
- Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach Resort Phuket/Patong