Myself and my partner, (who despite the opening comment are not remotely old yet) stayed at the Sunset Beach Hotel in Patong for one night in November.... one night was enough unfortunately.
We had originally booked for 6 nights for our 'lively part' of our Thailand trip after staying 4 nights at the amazing and highly recommended Indigo Pearl at Nai Yang Beach- which was the relaxing part of our trip.
Although it was supposed to be the 'lively part' we did expect some opportunities to enjoy the very nice pool-(as depicted in all the promo pics) and have opportunity to have views of sunset beach? Unfortunately not, as previously mentioned the pool being the main attraction of the hotel was under heavy construction with so little space left to relax by that it was impossible to accomodate a fraction of the guests.
Again as said previously the ocean view rooms were by not even close, even after being ungraded to a suite the view was of other rooms and roof tops. The air conditioning only worked when in the room (key operated) therefore after the long walk through the dirty corridors and stairs to finally reach a roasting hot room trapped in the 70's with a dirty bathroom and rediculously hard bed, we were no longer in a chilled out holiday mood.
Patong itself is over rated, sex, 'ping pong', dirt and drinking..... an eye opening night out but definately not a place to stay... obviously unless thats all you are after and you cannot find a table tennis partner anywhere else. It appears a high end 18-30's venue, yet still quite pricey.
All in all, we felt for the price it was not good value, so we packed up and booked back into the Indigo pearl for our last 5 nights, you really should check it out!!
To be really petty it should be renamed sunset shingle.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SUNSET BEACH RESORT - The best value hotel located at the Quiet Beach Front in Patong Area, Phuket. Sunset Beach Resort is for those wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of Patongs main strip but close enough to visit it with a very short trip to the town center. Our hotel has many sea view rooms, a free form pool beach front restaurant and bar, FREE shuttle bus to Patong every 30 minutes and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Hotel Patong
- Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach Resort Phuket/Patong