Duangjitt Resort & Spa
Patong Paragon Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$97
US$59
US$113
US$123
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$58
1,294 results
All reviewspatong beachtropical paradisebig poolgarden viewpool barthe hustle and bustlemain poolsuperior roombangla roadtuk tukpoolsphuketbungalowthaimassagenightlifehoneymoon
Reviewed 13 July 2008

Great hotel. Stayed in the garden rooms. 2 interconnecting rooms as we had our 2 kids ages 13 and 11. The rooms were lovely and clean and made up each day. The overall hotel grounds are very large so its a bit of a walk to breakfast every morning but we enjoyed the excercise.
The resort has 3 pools. The main one is the biggest I have ever seen and we all just loved it. Sat by the pool bar most days and the kids would order lunch (great cheesburgers) hubby and I would have a couple of cocktails. The smaller pool is currently being ronovated and they expect that to be open in about 2 weeks.
Before we checked out we had a look at the family suite. Its fabulous. 2 storey with a spiral staircase, 2 LCd tvs and balcony access to the pool. Also 2 wonderful bathrooms, very clean and spacious.
Breakfast was lovely, smorgasboard every morning. My only complaint about breakfast was there was no baked beans!!!
Would definately stay here again. Its just down from the main street of Patong so you dont get any noise but just close enough for a short stroll to restaurants, bars and shops.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank tiptay
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I just came back from a 14 day stay here. Here are my thoughts:

Negative points:
1. bad customer service (from some)
An example of this is when i ordered an american breakfast from room service. When it arrived it was missing the bacon and the rest of it looked terrible, I refused to pay and was harrased by their staff for 30 minutes demaning I pay. They seem to think just because I'm a western I should pay they weren't intrested to listen to what I had to say.

Room / facilities
There was a selection of about 3 english speaking channels only.
Small bar area so hard to meet people in the hotel.
curtains in rooms inaduqte to block light in the morning.
The water came out brown (this doesn't happen in all phuket as last year I stayed at the holiday inn and it didn't have this problem)
Also a guest charge of 1000 baht even though I had booked a double room!

Positive points:
Good pool, resturant meals were nice and well priced.
The spa area was excellent, I'd highly recommend their thai massage.

Mark

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2008

After reading the reviews I really looked forward to staying at Duangjitt.
When we arrived at the hotel we got a room with wall to wall carpets and a terrible bath. The room was dirty. We also paid extra for our 2 year old and she got a millitary-standard bunkbed. One of the beds had been moved and I have hardly seen this much dust anywhere:)
The day after we upgraded to the new section, honeymoon suite. This room was excellent.
What I hated about the place was that the rooms had no proper balcony, so when you have small children that needs their beautysleep you're stuck in front of the TV.

The pools are great, but the prices are more expensive than spain.
Example: 1singha beer = 110baht (appx 2,50euros or $4US). However, the worst was our girl that had a 250ml bottle. Half of the content was pineapple juice (from a tin can) and the other half was water... this cost us 90bath!!! This was not quite what we expected.
The food was excellent and we spent a lot of money there...

The breakfast was good. The annoying thing was that my girl and wife didn't go to breakfast and I wanted to bring with me 2 buns to my girl. I was stopped at the exit and told that I couldn't bring any food out. I should have known better, since a boy with a sick mother was barely allowed to take 2 toasts out... This was ridicilous.

The beach is a 300meter walk.

All in all the hotel was nice, but I will never go back there.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank the_Enlightened
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Visited the Duangjitt Resort in a group of 8 lads. First visit to Phuket so can't compare hotel to others but have to say the Duangjitt was excellent.

We all had bungalow style apartments about 1 minute walk from the pool. These were superb. Large, clean and very comfortable, with a seperate walk in shower.

No sign of any building work going at all, and the resort was very quiet at all times of the day. In fact we were probably the noisest lot there !

Its about a 3-5 minute walk from the hotel to the beach. Lots of things to do, jetskiing paragliding etc etc. You will be asked numerous times if you want a massage, suit or a taxi but you get used to it and they don't hassle.

The nightlife.... I'll let you find that out. Bangla Road ? Much fun.... :)

Enjoy your trip...

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Albam237
Reviewed 23 April 2008

Stayed here for 5 days from April 15-20th 2008. Huge Resort, lots of tour groups. Major construction on the go next door- avoid the 'garden view rooms'
Staff must be overworked and they don't clean your room well or even regularly. Had random calls from the front desk with hangups and confusion.
This place is a scam, nickel and dime charges for everything- 10$/hr for Wi-Fi with your own CPU.
More info about the carpets forsale than what the resort has to offer.
Food is forgettable and pricey.
Stay closer to town/ the beach for the same $ try Burasari or the Holiday Inn.
Better places to stay for the same $ bottom line. We had a pool side room...pool closes at 8pm and gives 10% off for happy hour.
Have a sweet trip! Also Don't get a taxi from the hotel as they also charge you 200THB for this...take a few steps outside the gate and get one for 550THB.
Good luck!