“Really nice hotel”

Ranked #91 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Zurich, Switzerland
“Really nice hotel”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Nice and quiet hotel. I stayed 2 weeks there and it was good. The staff was very friendly and the rooms very clean and big. They have nice swimming pools a gym and a big garden estate. The breakfast is the only thing that I don't liked in this 2 weeks, except that was everything really good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NICK-SERBIA1987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I read the reviews on this hotel before I travelled and held some reservations . I arrived to friendly faces and helpful staff , my room which was a delux was excellent and close to the pool and reception . The grounds are beautiful and well kept but the swimming pools are the best most beautiful I have been in and I have been in a lot in my life .
I had breakfast a couple of times and found it very good , the food round the pool was excellent and well presented, the wifi is free in and near reception ( if you sit at the pool nr reception you can pick up the free wifi ) the wifi in the room is rubbish and too expensive .
My only black mark is on arriving at the airport to travel home I realised I was missing an item which was in my drawer and didn't remember packing it , the only conclusion I can submit is it was taken from my room ( all valuables were in the safe ) and it wasn't worth that much . It is sad I have had to put this but even with this happening I would with out doubt return to this beautiful hotel to stay again !! Room 1209 Andy S

Room Tip: Get a room nr reception (delux) also nr two pools
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have been to Patong many times but this time was a family holiday so was looking for something we could afford with 3 teenagers. After I booked I checked tripadvisor to see what people were saying. Flag was the complaints about the money missing from room safes. I sent an email to the resort and was replied to very quickly assuring me that things would not be a problem and I am happy to report that we had no problems. It happens here in Sydney so just hoped for the best.

I find since going to the Duangjitt that some people want to pay for a 3 star resort but want 5 star service and then report about it in a not so nice way. My family and I had an amazing stay and would return to stay again. We asked for 2 rooms together which we got and the kids room was kitted out with 3 single beds which was great. The rooms are a nice size and no noise which was awesome. The rooms were cleaned everyday and the grounds are outstanding. The pools were great and clean and surroundings always kept clean.

The breakfast - I love a good breakfast and had seen people complaining on here about the buffet. WELL I LOVED IT!!! I never went to breakfast and saw anything run out or not nice. There was always someone checking and filling up, tables and plates always cleaned up quickly. It was always fresh and everyone enjoyed it.

As we got such an amazing price for this place we were a little apprehensive but after staying we would go back. If i had any problems it would be the hard beds which after the first night we crashed out from being so tired anyway so wasn't an issue. The aircon was great and didn't "leak" or keep anyone awake and that's for both rooms.

I would like to finish by saying the staff were always friendly and helpful to us and find that maybe it's because we were friendly towards them. We would always smile and say hello to everyone and they would return the favor. Sometimes it's about how you treat others as to how you are treated yourself. Lighten up people your on holidays!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank peta p
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with 7 more friends in September of 2013. We had reservation and had informed them we will reach at 10am they did not let us check in. They were rude during the dtay and the room service too wad terrible. We were not given food post 1am also at our room. On arrival we were told rooms are not ready and will be ready by 12 noon... at 12 ghe receptionist told us rudely and on top of her voice that I will call you. Finally we were given the rooms at 2pm. The staff was not helpful for travelling tips also. Basically brilliant ambience but pathetic staff and service.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RealTravelbee
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Please note that check-in time is 2 PM. In case of early check-in, if the previous guests left a room early, it will be sooner than 2 pm to have the room cleaned. However for your booking, we have clarified the record and found that the previous guests left the room at NOON therefore we are not able to release you a room at 10 am as requested. However we apologise for any inconvenience caused and wish to welcome you back on your next trip to Phuket.

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We came to have a look at this resort as we decided to book our accommodation on arrival for the second leg of our holiday. (Spent first few days in Kata and wanted to spend a few nights in Patong.) Anyway we arrived and had a look around the hotel which looked fine so we were going to go back to Kata and collect our things to move to Duangjitt... UNTIL we experienced the most disgusting and pathetic service from the bellboys that I have EVER witnessed in my many years and places of travel.

I have anaemia and various other medical problems/ fatigue due to kidney disease, which makes it very hard for me to walk around for long without getting very tired. It was a searing hot day and we had just walked around the hotel which was enough, so my husband asked the bellboys at the lobby desk if they could please call us a taxi. We did this because at every other single hotel we have ever stayed at, from Africa to Asia and in between, has offered this service without the slightest inconvenience. Well not the Duangjitt. The 4 bellboy staff standing there are all too lazy/ obnoxious/ incompetent to perform the menial task of picking up the telephone in front of them and dialing a taxi. Instead they kept insisting we walk 'only' 10 minutes up the long driveway and down the road where we could get a tuk tuk. My husband explained that I was really unable to walk the distance, to which one of them replied ' If we call you a taxi it will cost you 300baht, but if you walk to the road you will only pay 200.' As if I care about 100baht!!!! My husband tried explaining again but it proved futile as apparently it was easier for them to stand there and argue with my husband than one of the 4 of them actually do some work.

Frustrated, my husband went to the reception desk to ask again if they could please call us a taxi. But it was just all too hard. Eventually a male staff reluctantly offered to drive us up the driveway in one of their 2 golf buggies they had sitting there. As punishment we were made to sit and wait in the heat for the driver of the buggy to arrive. Eventually it was just too much to endure and we decided to just walk. It was absolutely awful and I was so tired and feeling sick by the time we got to the taxi.

There are many reviews on TA mentioning the real crap customer service and staff attitude there, and I have experienced it first hand. I will never, EVER stay at Duangjitt- no matter how many times I come to Phuket in the future. And I will also make damn sure no one I know will ever stay there either!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LozLovesBali
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We would like to clarify what happened on that day. Please note that Duangjitt Resort and Spa do not have a taxi stand our own therefore we cannot ring a taxi for guests like other hotels do. The price of outside taxi are varied and cannot controllable by us.Hence we suggest guests negotiate the fares with driver first. We just can clue how much approx it could be. Like your case, we suggest that if a taxi pick you up from the lobby, it will cost you around 300 THB whereas grabbing a taxi outside is just around 200 THB. We do not mean to ignore your request but as we have previously informed you that we do not have a taxi stand our own here.

Our staff here are willing to give you a hand if you need any assistance. We are praised by a lot of guests.
sydney
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We visited in January and had planned to stay 10 nights but could not get out sooner we moved to the holiday in busakorn wing for the same price actually a little cheaper and 100 times better. Where can I start with this resort, as this is my 8th time to phuket and i have stayed in different places each time because I like to try something different each time. The photos looked great on the internet and we booked jnr suites thinking we would have a beautiful time and pay that bit extra for a better room. Well we were wrong as soon as we pulled up I knew this resort was not worth the 330$ per night we payed. As we were checking in the people next to us were complaining and very unhappy, we got to our room and walked in well it smelt and was just a larger room with hardly anything in it the bed was like concrete the walls all scuffed and mould in the shower. Also I have a 2 year old and there was no safety chains on the doors as there always is in any hotel resort I've stayed at! But that was not a big problem as we had to yank at the door 5 times really hard to open it! We wanted out but we couldn't go till the next morning so we had to grin and bear it for one night. In the morning we had breakfast which was not great and there was no inside area with a fan on or a/c so we just had to eat outside with all the mozzies and they were bad at this resort. We managed yo get our money refunded minus 2 nights even though we only stayed 1 night but I did not care I just needed to leave! While we were organising our refund another 2 families were complaining about a/c leaking on them and the room being really dark and gloomy and depressing I just felt so bad for these people. The only good thing about this place is the great pool and kids club. They really need to renovate all rooms and put a/c in the restaurant if they want people to come back! As soon as I arrived at our next hotel I felt relieved and relaxed exactly the way you should when you are paying good money to stay in a nice resort in Thailand! I love Thailand and can't wait to go back! I don't write bad reviews on any of the hotels I've stayed at unless it is not somewhere I would suggest my friends and family to go, not safe or really dirty. This resort is great for Budget accommodation I would not pay more then 60$ per night in any room here.

Stayed January 2014
6 Thank mel201282
We are disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us.Please be informed that our rooms now have recently been renovated.Door has been changed.We do pay attention to your voice so your review was brought to the management's meeting.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused to you. and wish to welcome you back again in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Duangjitt was fabulous, the gardens were huge and stunning, the pools fantastic. Staff were out early every morning sweeping up flowers and leaves that had fallen the night before.

We stayed in a family duplex suite. It had plenty of space, however there was no lounge or seating - the pictures you see on the website are exactly what it looks like. A huge bathroom with spa bath upstairs and another bathroom downstairs. King bed upstairs, queen downstairs and you can have an extra fold out bed if you need it. We kept all our luggage downstairs as the staircase is spiral and it was just easier - we really only went upstairs to sleep. Hence the need for a lounge or seating downstairs - the only option was the other bed.

Air con in rooms was great, there were also fans if you didn't want the air con.

We weren't too fused about no wifi in the rooms - we tried to avoid it for our holiday. Family duplex are also close to reception so it was only a short walk to sit in the lounges there and use the free wifi.

Location was excellent - on the edge of the busy area, so you could get away from all the hustle and bustle if you wanted to.

I had read previous reviews regarding the security of the room safes - we didn't want to risk it so we locked our valuables inside one of our suitcases and had no problems.

We found staff friendly, they had limited English so it was generally a hello or good morning.

Breakfast buffet was great - both Asian and Western food.

Pool towels available for free, you can swap them every day, taken them to the beach, as long as you return them at the end of your stay.

When checking out they go and check your room, so give yourself 20 mins. Our family had a great time at this resort and we would return.

Only negative - no lounge for sitting around when in duplex.

Room Tip: Really depends on budget and size of room you want.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KAASydney_Australia
We are thrill to learn that you had good stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Phuket.