“Duangjitt resort July 09 - Excellent !!!”

Duangjitt Resort & Spa
Ranked #89 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Sydney
“Duangjitt resort July 09 - Excellent !!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I highly recommend this amazing resort. I stayed there for 2 nights earlier this week with my family, which includes 2 young kids and we all loved it.
We stayed in one of their deluxe pool view rooms and it was excellent. They have 3 pools one of which is officially the biggest resort pool in Phuket.
The service provided by the resort is faultless, we found staff to be very warm, welcoming and always helpful. Staff were very good with kids which was very important to us and i'm sure anyone else intending to travel with young family.
Absolutely loved the buffet breakfast and pretty much all meals from their menus, from having sandwiches poolside to having dinner at their restaurant.
But the biggest highlight for me was getting a massage at the resorts own spa and massage centre. It was just amazing and definetly a must do if you staying there.
I also loved the location of the place, because you could just go out for a short walk to do some shopping around or for a walk down the beach and when you're done and return it feels like you walking back into paradise.
I can go on for ever. Overall i recommend this place very highly to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank cbellido

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
FIN
Reviewed 8 July 2009

The hotel was very nice. There were 3 swimming pools; one big, one midsize and one quite small. The two bigger pools were more crowded. The water was nicely warm in all of the pools.

The hotel area was large and beautiful, and in the evening when it was dark the yard looked very nice. The only problem were the mosquitos - remember to buy some insecticide because you're going to need it!

The breakfast was quite enormous but it stayed pretty much the same everyday. I got bored of it after one week, but my spouse enjoyed it the whole two weeks. Other foods (lunch, dinner etc) were expensive and the drinks at the pool bars were very expensive also. It was forbidden to bring own drinks to the pool area. New clean towels were given by a pool guy everyday and it was ok to take those towels to the beach also.

The staff was friendly and they upgraded our room to a honeymoonsuite(!) because normal rooms were overbooked. The cleaner ladies were friendly, but they didn't always empty our trashcans etc, and one time they forgot to lock our outdoor after the cleaning.

The location was good for us because we wanted some privacy after busy days in Patong Beach. The beach was 10 min walk away and the main street "Bangla Road" about 15-20 min walk away. There were tuktuk's everywhere and it cost 200-300 bahts to take a tuktuk from the hotel to Bangla Road.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank olsku
London
Reviewed 28 June 2009

We spent a week in a twin family suite (room 3101) great room on two levels, jacuzzi in the main bathroom was just the right tonic after a hard day haggling over junk down the market! My mistake was hiring a car for a week mainly because dodging bikers is not just worth the hassle, there is no need for a car as the town is on your doorstep and if you want to venture further a field there are plenty of cheap taxis ready to take you to all the sights for about 500 baht roughly £10 per person. Phi Phi island cruiser is worth the money, nice day out with a good lunch laid on at the Phi Phi Hotel and an hours snorkeling to work it off! The hotel itself is very well laid out and the staff are very friendly and as others have commented it is a little bit of paradise within the madness of Patong.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank kevbeadle
istanbul
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This hotel is 20min walk to center. Rooms are very old. But the pool is very big and nice. Hotel itself is huge too. i had no problems staying here. Resort is nice, the only problem is old, dates rooms. İf you are going to use the room only for sleeping, this hotel is right hotel to stay.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buk81
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Stayed at the Duangjitt in early May. Have travelled to Phuket many times over 10 years and I was disappointed with this resort.
We stayed in the Garden View rooms which are very remote to the main building and pools. Yes there are buggys to take you there and back but by the time you wait it is quicker to walk.
The rooms are huge but the set up is a little strange there is no bathroom as such you have a shower on one side of the room and a toilet on the other side of the room. The outlook from the rooms is lovely but yes there is the downside that these rooms are at the back of the resort and you can hear the noise from the bars late at night.
We did look at other room accommodation while we were there and the family suite looks lovely but it is 2 storey and the stairs are very steep.
The breakfast is not as good as it could be there is not a lot of variety Yes the eggs are good but the service at breakfast was pretty poor.
The reception staff do not have a lot of customer service skills and we found that out first hand we had problems with the hot water, air conditioning and electricity the reception staff were quite rude on the other hand the maintenance men were lovely as were the cleaners. The staff looked bored the resort was not very full and the staff told us that it had been quite since January and people had been laid off.
I would not recommend staying in the garden view rooms at this resort.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rasand
melbourne australia
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Seriously have to wonder if I stayed at the same place as others have reviewed. Maybe it's because we were in the best room (Family suite), but everything here was just about perfect (in low season). Closed pools ??? Not when I was there in May, all 3 pools open, clean, spectacular. One pool is the biggest in Phuket, surely. Sheets and bedding all new, all clean. Grounds magnificent, another water feature or garden feature wherever you looked. A walk through the spa area was like a walk through paradise. All the blossoms were out when we were there, just lovely. I looked at the cheap rooms and there is one section, right at the end of the superior rooms, where they have added on some cheap and tacky rooming as an afterthought, so avoid these (Numbers here start at 9101? Closest to the beach end) . The other superior rooms looked just fine (I presume they are the superior rooms, as shown on their map), and a lot would have pool views from the second or third floor, in the middle section (say rooms 9201 to 9238 & 9301 to 9308).
The Family suite, just superb. 2 storeys, upstairs alone is bigger than any hotel room I've stayed in. Comes with comfortable bed, giant bathroom with large spa bath and separate shower, toilet, lovely balcony with day bed, plasma tv, and many nice decorations. Downstairs has double day bed which can be for sleeping for 2, another plasma tv with dvd player, shower, toilet, and a doorway to access the pool area. If you stay in one of these, you'd call this a 5 star resort. Yes, the water is yellow, but you only notice in the bath, and it doesn't smell. Shower pressure great, but it took over 20 minutes to fill the spa bath. It was worth it ! Just don't put the whole bubble bath bottle in and turn all the jets on ! No smells from room or bedding, cleaned well but did not wash floors every day.
Cheaper recommended room options are the deluxe pool view (stay closer to 2120 or 2220 end rather than 2101 or 2201 end), honeymoon rooms ( 1206,1207 & 1212 best IMO) and villa's (a little dark and secluded, try 4109 to 4111). The suites were the same size and price as the family suites but on a single level, so I'd stay in the family suite, unless stairs bother you. Honeymoon rooms and suites are near the smallest but deepest pool, with the villa's behind them. The bungalows were ok, but I'd only stay in 6129, 6130, 6131 as they are on the end and have pool views.
The resort itself is a magnificent tropical paradise, and it's only 0.5km from reception to the beach. I don't know why more people don't stay here ? Deluxe garden wing and gasalong rooms a little remote, but can come with a mountain view. Pools great, something for everyone. We had the second biggest pool literally to ourselves most of the time. Breakfast has fewer options than most and is just ok, probably the only downside here, but had the best omelette chef of anywhere we stayed (just have onion and ham, maybe cheese too. remember, less is more). Pad Thai at lunch was delicious, didn't have anything else. Staff very nice, if you are nice to them, but not to Centara Karon standard. As with all Phuket hotel staff, do not yell at them, you will be wiped. English could have been better.
What's the catch you say ? Well, 10 bus loads of touring tourists do arrive in the evening... and leave again by 7.30 am ! You never see them during the day ! How good is that ?!!!
Seemed to be mostly Russians and Germans around during the day, so lots of white pointers and g-strings at the pool. You can't swim in a t-shirt, but my rashy (sleeved swimsuit top) was acceptable, once I explained it was a bather top.
Easy 5 minute walk to Patong Beach (0.5km from reception desk) and public bus. Easy 5 minute walk to Otop markets. Tuk tuk transport at the exit all day and night, you certainly don't need to hire a car. Really, why don't more Australians stay here ? It's a mystery to me. Sure, it does lack a little party atmosphere, but that's because it's nearly empty ! Stay in a deluxe pool view room for 2 or 3 days on your next trip to Patong, and check it out. Bring your friends.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank denouement_11
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 23 May 2009

Duangjitt Resort is located near Patong Beach, but kind of to the side. It is a separate resort with its own entrance. I rented a car, so it was not a problem. But I can imagine how inconvenient it would be without some kind of transportation. Always get a car for Phuket!

I reserved a Superior room and was shocked to see it! The bathroom looked dirty and the bedsheets were cheap. The furniture was very, very old and the lighting was terrible. It was hard for me to believe this was rated a four star hotel! So I paid $10 more per night and upgraded to a Deluxe room. OH. MY. GOD. The BEST investment I ever made! The Deluxe room was a world of difference apart. It truly looked like something in a four star or more hotel. The furnishings were done in beautiful wood and the room and bed were BIG! The bathroom was modern and elegant. There was even a little sitting area and balcony. Honestly, I think I would only pay $20 maximum for the Superior room and up to $200 for the Deluxe room if I had to.

My only problem was the bedding. I've never experienced this before in my life, but the sheets had streaks of some kind of slightly sticky substance. It was almost as if they hadn't been fully rinsed. I complained to the staff and they said they'd take care of it. So they changed the sheets. But it felt the same way. I didn't like this at all and just couldn't understand it.

At the time, there was a lot of construction as I guess they were expanding. I don't know why since the resort is very big and most of the rooms were empty. So it was a bit noisy during the day.

There are several pools, but most of them were closed. There are also villas and a swim-up bar. The pool was alright. The guests were French, Russian, Algerian, and Korean. I would say middle class to lower-middle class. There were a couple of Korean girls who were trying to pump a tube to use in the swimming pool. I offered to help and sweat like a pig to do it for them. Barely a thank you. They said they worked at a clothing stall in Dongdaemun which goes to show what level of people you're dealing with... I'm sure they could also work as hostess girls, too, judging by their manners.

The breakfast buffet was below average. I mean there were pancakes, eggs, and Thai food and such. But the quality was something I'm not accustomed to eating. If I'm on vacation and staying at a hotel, I want to eat better than at home or at least up to par. The decor of the eating area (I'm going to refrain from using the word "dining" because it's not appropriate) was tacky. Oh well, I could eat it and get full at least.

SUMMARY: If you're going to stay here, get a Deluxe room. Then I would say it's a very good value. I don't think I'd stay here again as there are probably plenty of better places in Phuket. But it's not too bad.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo