The Expat Hotel
Patong Paragon Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Amari Phuket(Patong)
US$133
US$111
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$58
US$113
US$123
All reviewsbangla roadexpat barrooms are basicbangla rdbalcony roomclean poollarge bedpool areanight lifethe location is perfectmini barmin walkpatong beachexpatsactionnightlifelaundry
Reviewed 15 February 2014

If you enjoy the party scene then expat is a good place to stay. It's a 2min walk to the chaos of bangla road which has everything you would ever need.

Room tip: super deluxe. The deluxe room is basically smaller, even the bathroom is smaller. So for the slightly extra charge you will be grateful for the room to breathe in a super deluxe.

Didn't really use the pool. Don't think I saw it being cleaned in the entire week I was there. The spa was reasonably priced, the restaurant serves good food at a good price too.

Areas for improvement:

A Sweep around the pool area every night would really improve the presentation of the pool area. De-clutter it as you can't really get to the rooms without jumping over sun beds.
Soft drinks taste like rubbish, probably not using actual cola so doesn't taste right.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Although I did not stay at this hotel my daughter and myself visited the sports bar for a drink,heineken for my self coke for the daughter the price came to 100bht i handed the bar girl 1000bht and waited for the change.....no change forth coming so...my comment excuse me may i have my change .....no change 100bht.was pointless arguing as 2 neanderthals asked us to leave so just letting you know be wary of being ripped off in their sports bar...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Earl G
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My first stay. It's so close to everything and doesn't cost a fortune. Not many younger people stayed here so by Patong standards very quiet but only 4 minutes to JungCeylon and Bangla Rd! Rooms basic but everything works and the staff are super friendly and helpful! The bar is good and the restaurant serves good food at the right price! There is a laundry 20 metres from the hotel and all my washing was well done, pressed and on time!! There is a spa that was open 1030 till late!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steve803
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Having visited once before I decided to revisit as both the service and facilities were spot on. We stayed in the cheaper guesthouse but the hotel runs a Tuk-Tuk service between the two, free of charge. It's only a couple of minutes drive but it saves you a lot of time and it's a God send if it is raining. The actual hotel allows you to use the swimming pool and the area is equipped with a bar, restaurant and pool table. Situated a 100m from Banglar Road it is a great, cheap place to stay. With the beach at the other end of Banglar Road there is no complaints. One of the young staff Anne even took the three of us out one night to show us a cool local cocktail flaring bar! The rooms were equipped with televisions with a good range of English speaking channels and the showers were warm, so all is well for people looking for some home comforts. It's well worth checking out if you are travelling around Patong on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Davebrannen8
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Considering the fantasticl location the price is very reasonable.Not 5 star but everything we needed.Friendly staff,good food and reasonable priced drinks.Clean and cheerful with a nice pool.You get what you pay for in this world.I have stayed in many hotels in Thailand and this one is middle of the road with all amenities very close at hand.
My one tip is that it is not really a family hotel catering more for groups of men out for some fun.
If you are in that category then give it a try,I would certainly go back there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends