For the price of this Hotel it was not too bad. I think I payed about $35AU a night from memory? I stayed in the least expensive room, which was dark but cleaned everyday. The bed was a king size and comfortable.
The breakfast in the morning is limited compared to higher end hotels I have stayed at in Patong. There is plenty of selection if you like a hot breakfast in the morning. I however like a cold breakfast to start the day. Limited fruit selection and cereal with no yogurt was on offer. The restaurant during lunch and dinner served lovely food however.
The Pool area is on the top of the roof and seems to be big enough for the amount of guests. quiet often I was the only one up there reading a book even though I stayed over new years, which you think would be a busy time?
The staff can be hard to communicate with some times as some know limited English. The staff on the front desk however had at least one person rostered on who spoke English well. I could not fault the staff.
There is no elevator at this hotel. Beware of the stairs! They can be very slippery if someone has come from the pool and walked down them. I fell down them twice and still have the bruises 2 weeks later.
The hotel is at an amazing location across from the beach! There is construction going on next door. I had a green tarp as the view from my window. Construction begins at about 8:30am so if you like to sleep in this is not the place for you to stay. It is not overly noisy construction but enough to be annoying, especially if you are trying to relax by the pool and all you can hear is hammering. This does not ever look likely to be finished with in the next year.
I recommend staying in a room a bit more expensive to the one I stayed in. Across the hall the rooms where a bit bigger, had a wet area for drinks, plasma TV, and an actual view of a street.(not the beach street)
Over all if you are on a budget and you want the excellent location, I would recommend staying here. I consider my self to be a bit of a princess but found the Royal Palm to be adequate. For the price it is a night, you cant expect excellence but the great location and pool area makes up for this. I also had a very good massage in the day spa of the hotel.
Natasha of Adelaide, Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few step to the beach Near Patong Nightlife & Shopping ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Palm Beach Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Palm Beach Front Hotel Patong
- Royal Palm Beach Front Patong
- The Royal Palm Beach Front Phuket/Patong