My partner and I stayed at Baan Laimai for 2 weeks in October 2012.
After reading all the horrible reviews I was terrified of staying there, until we pulled up out the front at 12am and were taken straight out of the taxi by the bellboy and whisked away to reception, we were treated like VIP's. Check in was the easiest ever, and we were taken straight to our room(Deluxe pool view room).
Our room was beautiful, lovely and clean. Everything was exactly as it looked in the pictures.
The bed was really firm, but we slept well and woke up very refreshed every day.
The room was very quiet.. The "live band" every night was not as loud as it is made out to be, could not hear it with doors closed.
House keeping was very efficient, always came back in the afternoon to a clean room, fresh towels and linen everyday, and the young lady who cleaned our room was very sweet.
The pool was great, shallow in areas so you could just relax and deep enough in other areas so you could swim around. The pool bar was so much fun, so many cocktails to choose from and the bar staff were very friendly, Marwin especially :-)
There was work going on around the hotel, but you could not hear this from our room (which was right below the work going on)
You could book tours through the hotel, and the lady who ran this service was full of honest advice, and gave discounts where she could, and remembered us and where we had been every time we went back.
The location of the hotel was perfect, a very short walk from bangla rd, and shops and lots of restaurants right out the front.
Checkout was a breeze, we were given our deposit back straight away, and they held our bags, free of charge, for a few hours while we had time to kill before our flight.
I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel, I would definitely recommend it, and I will definitely be staying there again.
My biggest tip for people staying in Thailand, a smile goes a long way! If you are nice to the staff, shop keepers, tuk tuk drivers etc, they will respect you and give you the best service they can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort is located on the beach road of the most well-known “Patong” beach, right in the midst of entertainment and shopping area, with just crossing the road to the beach. Featuring in-house restaurants with Thai, Western cuisines and tasteful seafood from Andaman sea. Offering the lagoon-size swimming pool where you can take a break at the cozy pool bar. The fitness facilities will give you relaxation and relief from your everyday stresses. Experiencing beauty & recreation on Patong Beach or alternatively strolling for lively entertaining & shopping. You may have it all with us in making your perfect stay at Baan Laimai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Sawasdee, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Baan Laimai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laimai Beach Hotel Patong
- Baan Laimai Beach Patong
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort Phuket/Patong