“An amazing resort”

Ranked #16 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Karachi, Pakistan
“An amazing resort”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My husband and I along with my 1 year old daughter had an amazing time at this hotel.This hotel is recently renovated so everything is very nice and clean. A great hotel with friendly staff, the rooms were spacious with really nice bathrooms. The location is just perfect as you need to cross the road and you're at the beach. At night the hotel has a family friendly environment which was great ! The hotel has a huge swimming pool along with a kiddie pool. We often ordered food at the pool side and it was delicious. Right outside the hotel is burger king and other restaurants .. Had a great experience at the hotel, would love to go back soon !

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the new wing.. they face the pool and have an amazing view of the beach too.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was here in late October and get very bad experience ever ! Good thing - close to the beach - nice swimming pool The Rest - Receptionist is a bad person. They charge me 3,000 deposit extra and return late

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are good
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here with my partner after moving out another hotel in Phuket. (Review completed for that hotel)

After checking an online booking site there was some special offers for a Superior No Window Room.

I liked the price which was advertised as being a 65% discount on the rack rate.

The general location is fantastic, its right on the beach road and walking out of the hotel and across the road your onto the beach.

The superior no window room is very basic, and you’re right behind the reception area. The lock on the door looked very un secure and I was fairly concerned regarding room security.

I got the impression that the Superior no Window rooms are a new addition to the hotel and they were perhaps store rooms or offices previously.

The pool is good with a reasonably priced mini bar that you can swim up to.

I didn’t eat in the hotel restaurant but judging by the number of people that did I would say the food was good.

Its an expensive hotel for the general traveler, personally I think its overpriced for what it is.

But I would stay here again , so that’s my recommendation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank terry2009Manchester
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was here in late October and get very bad experience ever !

Good thing
- close to the beach
- nice swimming pool
The Rest
- Receptionist is a bad person !
- Under serious construction.
- No View at all
- Low Class Hotel, it's a 2 star motel with 5 star price.
- Parking lot is so Bad and Dark
- They charge me 3,000 deposit extra and return late for several weeks.
- The electric outlet is a very old model, so I borrow an adapter and they charge deposit me another 500 baht.
- Breakfast was a horrible experience.
- they lie about Free Wifi (They said my room is Superior no that "No Wifi", what does that mean)
- Terrible design and it looks like a cheap 2nd hand furniture.
- Bed is for labor !
- You always can hear the noisy music from your room from evening till over midnight !
- Everytime the neighbour close their door, I can guarantee you going to wake up !

Etc... really bad (I hope the owner see this post to improve their Facility and PEOPLE !)

Room Tip: เทียบกับราคา... แล้ว จะไม่มาอีก Compare with price, I will never coming back here again. Either go...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, NSW
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is one hotel that I'd just love to manage for a couple of years.

I would go again if only because I just know that this management will be given the push and a new broom could do so much to much this a great hotel.

It is superbly located on the beach front (just across the road). It has a really great large pool that is very well designed. It has a good restaurant area and a night club / cafe / restaurant at the front.

But then it goes downhill fast. Reception were just plain disinterested and rude; and it wasn't just us because several other guests commented. A single small desk run by untrained staff who couldn't do / achieve even the simplest of things.

Then there was the pool area. Plenty of room, plenty of sun beds. But not a single matress and three sunshades for about 20 beds. Bar service was left with practically nothing to do because the drinks and the food were so overpriced that guests brought their own in from nearby 7:11, takeaways, and restaurants. Cut the prices by 40% and you'll treble your profit!

Breakfast was just plain boring after three days. Otherwise the restaurant was overpriced compared to others nearby. The night club / performance area at the front was superb but the performers were just plain bad and decided that quality was measured in decibels. Can't the management see what other clubs within easy walking distance did to be crowded every night?

Rooms were kept clean and certainly we had no problem there and showed our appreciation.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms fronting the pool are best.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My husband and I booked the Baan Laimai from reviews on Agoda and Tripadvisor. We checked in on the 12 October 2012 and could not believe that NO ONE mentioned that the hotel is undergoing serious construction. The reception is temporary, the restaurant is temporary, the NOISE is UNBEARABLE. The rooms were sparse and undecorated and the staff were tired from being yelled at with the jackhammers and chainsaws.
We spent 3 hours demanding a refund with agoda and the management, finally we were refunded 4 out of 5 nights (after a LOT of fuss) and moved to the Millennium.

Things that were wrong with this hotel and made it the WORST one we've ever stayed in. And we travel 2-3 times a year.

* Construction. Not mentioned or warned on any website. Which is highly inappropriate. We would never have booked if we'd have known this.
* The breakfast was crap. You had to clear your own table, grab your own cutlery and there was no selection or coffee.
* The room was okay, but with very little furniture
* The staff were drained from dealing with everything so I don't blame them for their lack of smiles.
* The cost of the resort - a pool view deluxe room - was the same price as the Millennium which we moved to and was a 5 star.
* The location is the only saving grace, however, don't stay here if you have children. The nightclub in the hotel went on till 1am.

Never again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 888Jade888
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed here with my bestfriend for like 5 days last october 6. The receptionist are very rude, except for one filipino guy which has been nice to us! We upgraded our room and was paying 4000 thai baht everyday, but most of the time we need to call housekeeping to clean our room, because they always forget to clean our room every morning. All Staffs are okay, but the receptionists are not. They are very impolite.

The location is beside patong beach yes, but patong beach is dirty.. So I suggest if anyone goes to phuket, go to karon beach instead of patong beach. In bangla road most restaurants are still quite expensive except for The Number 6 Restaurant, people in this restaurant are nice and food is cheap.

When you go shopping, do not go shopping at bangla road, people there are very rude and they tend to give you a very high price. Go shopping on the kiosks after Phuket Hospital, I forgot the road name, but once your in phuket hospital, you need to cross the road where the stoplight is then walk 1 - 3 meters, and you will see boutiques and kioks. there there is a lot of choices to browse to, and way quality and cheaper, plus people in this area are very nice!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends