We are Just back from 10 days at this resort today. I booked this 6 months ago, i emailed back and forth with them and they were all very helpful, I did my research and requested a high floor deluxe pool view in the renovated buildings away from construction noise and the band, which they were quite happy and helpful to accomodate, I was even given a room number in advance and a photo of the bulding our room was in, I thought that was really good service, then started reading some horrific reviews along with some great reviews, I got a bit concerned to the point that we decided we would give it a try for 1 night if it was bad then we would check out and go somewhere else.
I wonder now if all the people writing the bad reviews were actually talking about the same hotel.
Here are my take on what seemed to be the most complaints.
Long check in wait - Check in was at 2pm which it clearly states on the website and at reception, this is standard check in time anywhere these days, and no one will guarantee an earlier check in if you arrive early, you just have to hope, anyway we arrive at 9.30 am, so i didnt hold much hope of getting our room so early, but he took our details apologised and said the room would be ready in around 30 min and gave us a breakfast voucher and drinks voucher and said to go have some breakfast and the room would be ready when we finished and it was, nothing wrong with that check in at all and very helpful and polite.
Rude female receptionists - in the 10 days we stayed, there was at no time ever, any female recptionists on duty so dont know what happened to them and all the guys were polite and friendly and helpful and i heard some pretty whingeing down right rude guests talking to them Or at them. Whatever happend to treat others as you would like to be treated. Its Thailand folks, they are Thai nationals, so no they dont speak fluent English or understand every accent in the world, so give them a break and learn a bit of patience.
Charging 3000 baht or $100 deposit - once again this is standard in Australia and I am sure many other countries in the world too, so dont know why everyone was so outraged at that, BUT we were not charged any deposit, so maybe they have stopped this.
No hotel porter to help with the bags - We were given someone to take us and our luggage to the room without requesting it.
Complaints about the rooms, shower not working, air con not working, cleanliness of rooms, housekeeping, bed too hard - Our Shower was perfect, our air con was brilliant, which was a godsend as it was so hot and humid, it was on morning noon and night, for the whole of our stay, even when we went out for the day or night and not one problem with it
we like a firm matress so the bed suited us and the room was very clean and cleaned by around 11.30 am every morning.
The pool is really nice and its clean
Reception/lobby is really lovely too
Breakfast is fine and plenty of choice
Meals expensive - I think everyone would know that eating at any hotel is expensive and there would be cheaper options
Check out time takes a long time - we where checked out and our car ready for airport in less than 15min.
The location is one of the best, but if you like quiet, no noise, no people, no band playing until late, fluent english speaking staff, then this isnt for you, try something further away from Beach Road
We wouldnt stay anywhere that is below par, but all in all and to my relief, we found everything to be fine and no complaints, for the price you pay its spot on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort is located on the beach road of the most well-known “Patong” beach, right in the midst of entertainment and shopping area, with just crossing the road to the beach. Featuring in-house restaurants with Thai, Western cuisines and tasteful seafood from Andaman sea. Offering the lagoon-size swimming pool where you can take a break at the cozy pool bar. The fitness facilities will give you relaxation and relief from your everyday stresses. Experiencing beauty & recreation on Patong Beach or alternatively strolling for lively entertaining & shopping. You may have it all with us in making your perfect stay at Baan Laimai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Southall Travel, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Baan Laimai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laimai Beach Hotel Patong
- Baan Laimai Beach Patong
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort Phuket/Patong