“Worst experience ever”

Ranked #18 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Never experienced such a lousy services. I called twice before coming and requested for twin room, when we reached, You can guess.
Room number is misleading, so without a bellman, we took 10 mins to locate our room. Bear in mind, first number of your room is not floor number.
Lousy room, big and empty. aircon didnt work. Called reception twice and service guy took more than 20 mins to reach. Can't fix so soon, so we changed room. No one help, so we did it alone and took another 5 mins to find d room. View? Don't think about it. I do see a lot of rooms with nice view but definitely not our "deluxe room". You can call it "other's rooftop view". Will post a photo about it.
Tomorrow we are leaving, so packing the bag now and realized we lost a pair if leather sandals, new one, 2 days old. Called housekeeping, was told nothing found in old room. Very hard to communicate, and impossible we lost d shoes outside! The service attitude really pissed me off! The way that reception staff talked to me as if I'm looking for trouble! Not only this time, when we change room, asked for new room keys and no one came to change room for us, the attitude was bad. Don't mention they tried to give me a king size bed room, don't they have a record or at least verbal communication?!
The lift looks like new but every part is shaking, looks like gonna be collapse soon. Many places are undergoing construction, very disturbing.
Lousiest experience ever!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank EvelynL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

After staying here previously last year I returned with my boyfriend and sister for the second time. Check in was a breeze, check out was also as easy. Staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming. Rooms were clean and roomy. Pool is fantasic with a swim up bar and plenty of deck chairs. Children friendly as they have just put in a new play space! Reccomend!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on a higher level away from the road as band play late at night
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cherie c
Sydney
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My fiance and I, brother and his friend all travelled to Phuket Thailand back in July and our experience was great! This resort is close enough to walk everything but far enough away thats its not near the hustle and bustle - definentley reccomend it for those that like to socialise as there are alot of bars and activities within walking distance. We stayed for 11 nights and wouldn't have stayed anywhere else - we booked this resort as the reviews at the time were convincing and none of us had been to Thailand before, was such a great experience - honestly recommend! The foyer /entrance was stunning - very modern and open, nice breeze flows through. Pool area is great as well, big wrap around pool with a swim up bar :)

Room Tip: Choose a pool /ocean view room as its quieter :)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank msjru
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were 2 couples from South Africa who travelled and our experience at the Baan Laimai was superb.
When we did our on-line booking, we only booked for 3 nights, because we read some bad and good reviews, so we decided we'd go and "check it out" first and then extend our stay if we liked the place.
I can in all honesty say that the staff were extremely helpful, we had a few "issues", but they sorted it out very quickly.
We arrived early, and only 1 room was ready, we were exhausted and hotel staff allowed us to check in early free of charge in the 1st room so we can have a shower etc.
We booked a standard room and the rooms were spacious and clean. The pools were clean and just amazing, the pools surround the building, lots of space for everyone to swim.
Easy access to the beach (beach across the road). It's about a 7min walk to Bangla Road (thats if you're not strolling and getting side-tract with shopping. I can honestly say it's not far from Bangla Road, I'm not a big fan of walking, but we used the tuk-tuk twice, that's how close it is.

We decided to hop across to Phi-Phi and come back to Baan Laimai. The down side was that the hotel could not offer us the same rate as Agoda, so don't think you can get there and negotiate a better rate with hotel, they wanted almost 3 x the amount. Was kinda funny, we used our Ipad, logged into Agoda and got the room we wanted at Agoda price, we showed them the voucher and they re-booked us in.

Upon returning, we had a problem, the aircon in the room didn't work. We called reception and they sent maintenance immediately, they were there within 10min. They could not fix the problem, so we moved rooms. Then we had a issue with no hot water. Staff were extremely apologetic and they upgraded our rooms to Seaview Delux free of charge. Seaview Delux rooms are massive and sooooo beautiful.

TIP : If you can afford it, book the bottom level which flows onto the pool, or ask of the new side of the hotel.

All and all we had a fantastic time. People need to realise this is Asia, if you want all the fancy topping and trimming book yourself into a 5/6 star and pay up. Yes we had issues with hot water and aircon, but it's like that all over Thailand, at Baan Laimai the staff sorted the problem out and thats all that matters.

The only "complaint" that I have is that the drinks and food at the hotel is extremely expensive, about 3x the amount that you normally would pay. However, step out the hotel, and within 20 sec walk you get cocktails at about THB80/90

Room Tip: Book Delux Room (Seaview)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Claudia R

Where do I begin?

CHECK IN/OUT - We had no problem with this process at all, Check in was completed with in 10-15 minutes and check out took about the same amount of time. There are a lot of people complaining about the 3000 THB deposit for room keys, we were not charged this and we were informed that they are no longer taking this deposit.

ROOM - We were in deluxe ocean view room 5505 which also had a prime pool view!
The rooms are quiet dark and not all of our lighting worked, minor problem.
The maid came everyday and in fact one day we were just relaxing in our room I had the do not disturb sign on and housekeeping called me to make sure I did not want my room cleaned, thats service! However I am not too sure what the maids actually do other than make the bed and supply fresh towels, some days we did not even get toilet paper, on several occasions I had to phone housekeeping and get them to bring toilet paper to our room.
There was a lot that would need to be done to make this room clean to an Australian standard. There was mould on the ceiling, greasy hand prints on the wall above the bed head of all places :-/, something that looked like vomit on the corner of the wall and quiet a lot of grime build up in the shower, So off I went to family mart for some bathroom cleaner.... bathroom fixed!
Overall for what we paid I was happy with the accommodation, I mean for $50 AUD per night what can you really expect?

POOL - The pool is amazing! you can always get a deckchair and the pool bar staff are great.

RESTAURANT - I would not waste my time going back to the restaurant for the quality and taste of the food it was severely OVER PRICED.

BUFFET BREAKFAST - Well worth paying the extra money for! breakfast was excellent every day, it was always fresh and tasty.

LOCATION - The location of this hotel is PERFECT!! If you walk straight out from reception Family Mart (7/11) is right next door, straight across the soi is the G spot bar which is a quiet little bar with cheap COLD drinks and right next door to that is Orange Massage where the girls are super friendly (We actually paid for one of the girls Sara to come into the Naka market with us and she was fantastic with getting us the best prices and telling us if something was just not worth the money. It cost us 500THB for her to come with us and I bought her some shoes and a shirt to thank her for her troubles), if you turn left on the soi there is a restaurant call Song Pee Nong which has fantastic Thai and western food and right across from there is an indian restaurant which i cannot remember the name of but the food was great.
Jungceylon Shopping center is only about a 10 minute walk away which is great to have a stroll around when its raining or just too hot to be outside.
The beach is across the road and the market stalls are everywhere.
There is a money exchange right out the front of the hotel and also an ATM.

I think that is my review done!
I hope this information has helped but if you want to know anything else feel free to message me.

Room Tip: 5503, 5504, 5505, 5506 are all excellently positioned rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisha81
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I would encourage all travellers to avoid this hotel. The hotel takes a 3000 THB credit card security deposit and their policy, as stated on their website, is to refund that deposit within seven days. Stayed between 3 and 7 August 2013. It is now 13 September and, despite numerous polite requests, we have still not received our refund. From other reviews on several travel sits, it seems that this is common practice for this hotel. BEWARE !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank strzelecki61
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

They have a cool place and a perfect get a way....u will love it there. When u get out from the hotel front of it is the sea and u can also go walking at the same time shopping coz its almost near to shopping center and nearby small shops. It is also a few step a way from there mini mart anf restaurants....

• Stayed September 2013