“Great resort, great location”

Baan Laimai Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wiofe and i stayed here on our honeymoon and were very happy with the resort and its location. Not too far from the action but far enough to not be kept up by the noise all night. Also very close to the beach, shopping, OTOP and many good restuarants. We did have one problem with one security guard but after talking to the Manager that was settled very quickly and well mafe up to us.

Room Tip: Large sized resort. If booking with family or friends ask to be kept together
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MyThailandHoliday
Write a ReviewReviews (2,156)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Upon checking into to the hotel I was informed my booking (made through the hotel website) hadn't been registered. After waiting 20 minutes for the problem to be cleared I was subsequently 'upgraded' to a deluxe room. The room was nice except for the view of a back alley piled with construction materials. This is low season - the hotel didn't see overly busy...but so be it.

Returning to the hotel during the evenings I was hassled by the hotels security guards, on numerous occasions, to produce my room card and number. This occurred in the downstairs car park and the hotel lobby. Despite showing my card I was led, rather tactlessly, to reception to confirm my details...Why I do not know!

Finally, upon checkout, I was asked to wait whilst the cleaners checked the room. Despite waiting near the front desk, no staff members informed me that my room was clear and I could leave. I waited for about 15 minutes and upon asking, it appeared the staff hadn't even began the procedure, so I just walked out.

Overall, this is a nice hotel, including the pool and location, however I wouldn't stay there again due to the ineptitude of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave A
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was initially very excited about this hotel and booked the pool access room as a birthday surprise for my partner. However, we came to find that for the price paid, this property really did not meet our expectations and it seems we were not the only ones as when we were checking in there was already another couple arguing with the front desk staff.

The room, although very spacious, had an entry which faced out onto the wall of the adjoining building. If you looked down, it was filled with open piping, water streaming out and rubbish. The room smelt damp and the furnishings looked dated, the bed was quite hard.

The staff were supremely unhelpful. I needed a pair of scissors to open the cable ties on our suitcases and so I rang the front desk only to be told quite bluntly that if I wanted scissors, I had to go and get them from reception myself. Also, as we were there for Valentines Day, my partner attempted to organise to surprise me with some flowers and the staff told him they did not understand what it was that he wanted. He thinks that they simply do not want to bother helping him with his request.

The only reason why this hotel gets 2 stars and not 1, is because the location is fabulous and the breakfast was very satisfying

I have been to Thailand 3 times and trust me when I say there are properties that are much more modern, friendly and have more value-for-money than the Baan Laimai.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and my first review was no pleasing for the reception staff and rooms. However only 3 weeks later l returned to find the reception staff, attitude and service completely changed. All reception staff were helpful, understanding and although English is not the first language they did make a huge effort. My room was the same one as last time and all issues within my previous review had been fixed. This hotel had the potential to be the best in Patong and now theses sues have been fixed, l can honestly say this is now a hotel l would stay time and time again and is probable the best value for money and location in Patong.

I can only say, that l will return to and suggest you give at a go, Why? The hotel is in a great location, it's restaurant, service, first class., easily now the best in Patong, with a great live ban, fireworks etc.

I congratulate all the staff here and for treating so well.

Room Tip: Still thin kroon 2105 gets a lot of bar music noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here on two occasions. The deluxe pool view room was large and spacious. The breakfast which was included was great, and there was different food items served each day. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside was the noise... at the hotel restaurant they often had a band playing until close to midnight, and after that there was additional noise from people letting of fireworks on the beach. The location is excellent, right across from the beach. Mosquitos can be problem and often found one buzzing around my room every night.

Travel adaptor included in the room which is handy. Airport transfers can be arranged for around 800 baht from the hotel. I had no problem with the taxi drivers unlike a few of the other reviews.

I would stay here again

Room Tip: Chose a room at the backside of the hotel away from the beach. this will help reduce noise from the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank chrisarrow
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed in a few hotels in Patong and all were good, however this hotel had a lot of space and the feel that is was a little more special, we stayed in a deluxe room with a window (apparently there are rooms with no windows that are cheaper but we have no idea what they are like.
The hotel is set back from the beach with the (very good) restaurant on the beach road and the pool area just past this making it a fairly long walk to reception over 2 arched wooden bridges. when you first approach the hotel it is better to take the small soi just before the hotel (not shown on Google Street View and just before the Burger King sign) next to the Royal Palm Hotel, with the hotels main reception 50 metres up on the left. Staff are very helpful, rooms are spacious and are good, we only had one power point so it was difficult to charge ipods etc but it wasn't worth making an issue out of it. Would stay again!!

Room Tip: When approachING the hotel for the first time it is better to take the small soi just before the hot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GregMac
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Taxi from the airport was the usual scam,the driver needed to stop by his office to do something ?? while we waited out came the staff from the office trying to book me on some of there tours,I was not impressed after a detour back towards Patong a let the driver know my feelings,kids were restless etc etc, with the delay the sun was setting trafiic was getting worse but finaly we arrived at Baan Laimai Beach Resort, greeted by pleasant staff at the front desk, Checkin was efficient, our pool access room was perfect for the us and the kids ( 6 -8 yr olds) for the next week they were well entertained in the pool .Food at breaky was average,Nightly Music was loud at the front of the hotel, Beach road end ,so be careful when you book a room unless you are a party punk you will need to be at the back end of the hotel.Otherwise, all was good value ,great location,pleasant staff,if you like Patong then this is in a great location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family