“Awesome place with a beautiful pool”

Baan Laimai Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Geneva, Switzerland
“Awesome place with a beautiful pool”
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Arrived at the resort checked in and brought to our rooms. Indeed the place is in construction on the far end and the noise did get my attention the second I set foot in my room. I went back to the reception where I spoke with M Natthee POTTHARAK about my concern on the noise issue. In a split second, we where moved to quite rooms as I had requested. I must say that I would love to have M Natthee POTTHARAK work for me in my company as he has the best professional profile I've seen in a long time. This Gentlemen went out of his way to ensure that may stay was going to be the best. And IT WAS THE BEST of all my travel in Thailand THANK YOU! BTW this gentlemen is the Assistant FO Manager. Now If I have to go back to Phuket, I know where I'm going to be staying. I would definatly refer my friends and familly to this resort. Its ideally situated and not far from the shops, beach and party places (Walking Street).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Warden_of_Geneva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Israel
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Purchased a Superior room with breakfast and found the room to be poor, terrible, looks like horror movie hotel room without fresh air or sun light. After 2 days the hotel staff moved us to a room with balcony facing to the sea.
No tea and coffee facilities in the room, which was disappointing. Hot water ran out during even the quickest of showers. Poor reception on cable tv and Air condition equipment can operate better.
The hotel is under construction and going to open new facilities soon. For the meantime until this happens I Won't recommends this hotel to anyone. This although the hotel is feet’s away from the beach, Location is walking distance to everything and breakfast and staff are very helpful and trying to help. When new facilities will be open – make sure you do not purchase room at the old portion of the hotel – things will be much better hopefully than and you’ll enjoy the hotel, beach, food and the life music every evening at the open restaurant area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IsraelAvi
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Room was clean and simple, the staff were kind and helpful, BUT, the hotel is still a construction site. If you enjoy the sound of angle grinders and drop saws from 7am to 10pm, then very loud live music from 8pm to late (some times 1 or 2 am). This is the place for you.

No tea and coffee facilities in the room, which was disappointing. Hot water ran out during even the quickest of showers. Expensive for what is on offer. Poor reception on cable tv.

Close to the beach tho and offers a good breakfast.

Won't be recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank EKC_away_from_home
Singapore
Reviewed 26 May 2010

After arriving in Patong late on christmas eve to discover that the hotel had over booked and sent me to this awful dive, I was so glad to find this place had a room for me with a view of the beach on christmas day at reasonable rates. After where I'd stayed the night before, this place was a palace. But really, the room was a good size, clean and fresh with nice Thai decore. It was close enough to have a great view of the beach, but far enough so I couldn't smell the sewers. I didn't spend a lot of time in the room as I was was out with friends most of the time. The hotel is right above a bar which has live acts on the weekends, so if you want early nights, perhaps look elsewhere although I don't think it stays open too late (maybe 10 or 11pm).

The staff were lovely. I had a disaster when I discovered my credit card had gone missing after a late night drinking and staff were really helpful in giving me access to a phone to call my bank back in Singapore to cancel the card. Hotel will be better once the construction is finished and they have a pool, although this will probably mean it will be more expensive. Am looking to stay there again next year.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kodac
british columbia,canada
Reviewed 7 February 2010

We booked 5 nights and stayed for 8.Our room was in the back section away from the street and music.Very quiet and comfortable.The pool was great.The breakfast which was included was very good.Location is walking distance to everything.Staff were helpful and friendly.Not high end but for the price it was very adequate.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rham1
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 January 2010

During our stay with Baan Laimai Beach Resort, it was mosquito infested - probably due its construction then, we were easily targeted by mosquitoes. And, that was still bearable until the morning just before our check-out.

At 4.00am on the day of our check-out, my sister used the bathroom for a shower when she realised that there was a strong bleach smell in the water. As it kind of resembled like a swimming pool's chlorine water, she tried to ignore it, but she did feel that the water was stinging her eyes. Nonetheless, she continued with the shower as we've a flight to catch early in the morning. While soaping herself, she noticed that there were a couple of tiny red-coloured worms at her feet. She felt disgusted and wanted to just rinse off as soon as possible. Much to her horror, there were more and more tiny red-coloured worms coming from the water. The floor of the shower room was littered with those worms when she finally turned off the tap.

She called front desk to report the matter to the front desk. One staff came up to see and we pointed out the worms to him. He had seen it himself and even tried to take picture of the worms, but he said he had difficulty as the worms were very tiny. We didn't want to know how he's going to document it as we've only asked to speak to the manager, whereby he said that there was no manager in the hotel but him. He happen to be the ONLY staff on duty during that hour. He's the Guest Service Officer and the only staff on duty and he couldn't make a decision on what he's going to do on the matter. He tried calling the manager, but when we last checked on him at 6.15am, he was still trying to contact the manager. No Duty Manager no. We feel that the hotel's not really concerned about their guests' interest,. They are just keen in our business and not bother about the well being and interest of the guests staying with them. There was not even a duty of care by the hotel to their guests and in this case, the manager whom the Guests Service Officer tried to report the matter to, was totally uncontactable at the time of incident.

My sister has already brushed her teeth and showered in the room before she realised the worms. She tried rinsing herself with mineral water, but she could still find worms on her comb while combing her hair. For me, I didn't even dare brush my teeth or use the water for anything as I already have sensitive skin. When we checked out at 6.45am, we were told that the manager will arrive at the hotel at 7.30am, which we couldn't wait as we've already told the staff that we're checking out at 7.00am to catch our early morning flight. Before we left, the staff suggested that we write to one of their managers with regards to this matter. In our minds, we wonder if this matter was too trivial for them to inform their management about it. When we reached home, my sister developed sore eyes the very next morning and one of her eyes swelled so badly that it only went down only 3 days later after medication. There's still irritation felt in her eyes. It's been a week and the hotel didn't even take the effort to contact us with regards to this matter.

Upon booking, a full prepayment has been collected even before we checked in, which we felt cheated. We didn't feel justified on the payment as we did not even have clean rooms and we thought that was the minimum requirement of a hotel. We certainly didn't feel that it was safe & hygenic as the water running to our rooms were contaminated.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family