“Good hotel, clean and friendly, but HOPELESS WIFI”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #35 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Heidelberg, Australia
“Good hotel, clean and friendly, but HOPELESS WIFI”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 days with a friend

We were in the old part of the hotel on the ground floor.
Room was nice a bit dated but over all clean and well presented.

Wifi is a joke
Costs a ton and doesn't work
Free wifi in the lobby is hit and miss.

House keeping were wonderful
Brought us chocolate everyday :D

Hotel only provided soap so bring everything you might need!

We had a bit of a problem as this really is a family hotel. Two single girls on holiday felt like outsiders!

Also breakfast is great but really really packed!

Last of all, if you only feel like talking to Australians come here. I don't think there was anyone in the hotel not from down under!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Michelle N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 17 nights staying at Graceland Resort. Great mini suite in old section. Building 2 overlooking grass area and views of pool. We had a lovely time and enjoyed our stay.The only negative would have to our one dinner at the sunset restaurant. My meal was serve to me cold. The vegetables actually felt like they came straight from the fridge. My seafood was also cold. I did ask for thus to be rectified. The waitress took my meal back to kitchen. My meal returned and veges were still cold and seafood had been reheated. My salmon and scallops were now way overcooked. All in all I would recommend this resort for a family stay. But give sunset restaurant a miss.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank fitz40
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I have recently returned from spending eight nights at Phuket Gracelands and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

We stayed in one of the new rooms, which was spacious, clean and bright. The beds are firm, but so is my own personal bed so this was not an issue with me, however if you are used to a soft bed this might be a problem. The Reception staff do have limited English but we managed to communicate between each other. I would imagine that if Guests did have issues it might be a little harder to exchange views.

The staff at the tour desk spoke excellent English and were very helpful and organised in booking events for you.

I had no issues with the cleaning staff who made up the beds and replaced any crockery with fresh replacements.

Everywhere I went around the resort staff said good morning and smiled and were polite.

The resort itself was clean and very well maintained and the pools are beautiful and clean.

Breakfast was good with enough options for everyone to chose from but it can get busy with that many guests eating but they time available is very flexible from 6:30 am to 10:30am.

For those who need their coffee, the restaurant that fronts the beach make a good coffee, well they did for the three I tried there! I may have got lucky.

Overall I would make this my choice of resorts to stay in Phuket, it's on the beach, not to far from shops and dining out options.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Faye N
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This was my second time staying here.I stayed here with my 18 year daughter.The staff are very friendly and always opened the front foyer doors.The room was great we got a free upgrade from a superior room to a superior room with a balcony...I cannot say that we had a bad experience as it was all we expected and more...The pools are amazing we were invited by the hotel to a cocktail party which was amazing.I would stay here again on my next trip handy position right across the road from the beach our overall experience was amazing .I would like to thank all the staff and management for making our stay very plesant ...Great Hotel

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank oceandust
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and i stayed here from the 12th June to the 19th June 2013 for our honeymoon. We had recently just been to bali for our wedding and decided to honeymoon in thailand and chose this hotel as it had good reviews, were we wrong !!! When you arrive there is no smiling friendly face just people behind the desk that speak no English so check in is long stressful and extremely painful. We stayed in the old rooms ground floor pool access, the minute I walked in the room I could smell the dampness in the air, however it appeared clean and tidy. Staff had ran a bath for us and filled it with flowers, however the water was freezing cold !! (We know why now and ill fill you in down further) The rooms are so damp that during the night the bed sheets get wet which wakes you every time you roll over as the sheets are so wet and cold as you have to have the air conditioning on so high in an attempt to keep the room from getting to damp, even the sugar in the room was stuck together due to it being wet. It got to a point where the damp was so bad that our phones and iPads were getting so wet I had concerns they would get water damage. I contacted the front desk and explained the situation, they stated they would send room service. Room service arrived and spoke no English and new nothing about my complaint. I then went to the front desk explained again and was told they would get someone to look at it and get back to me, which never happened. We then noticed a disgusting smell coming from the bathroom and from the balcony area we figured out it was a sewerage smell and that on our balcony there were waste pipes which is where the sewerage smell was coming from, I then assumed the smell in the bathroom was coming from the toilet, I was wrong !!! So at this stage i was violently ill for 3 days as was my husband. I then thought it was strange that our 3 ground floor neighbour were sick ( 7 people) our neighbours above and two other families, 13 adults and 1 child in our block were all extremely ill during the same period. We had noticed that every time the room was cleaned they would remove the bathroom sink plug, so we were unable to fill the bowel. We later found out from another guest that reception staff had informed them that there was sewerage in the hot water hence why they were removing the plug so you wouldn't see it, and why they filled a romantic bath with freezing cold water. At closer inspection the water was brownish green colour, which was coming from sink, bath and shower! All the guest that got sick in our block had the same coloured water and was confirmed by staff that we had been showering in sewerage, and this is why we were so ill, some people were so ill they attended the local hospital. Most of the families involved complained and got upgraded to the sunset suits. I spoke to reception and wrote a letter of complaint to the manager which I still have had no reply. I was extremely disappointed considering I had already complained about the damp and the sewerage smell and the fact they knew there was a problem with the water they just left us there to shower in it and become ill was disgusting !! Then whenever you would mention you were sick staff would giggle about it. In relation to service there is none ! No smiles, they don't go out of there way to help you with anything, the staff a just rude, ordering a coffee at breakfast is pushing the friendship. Room service turns up to your room cold, the cleaning of your room is terrible, they don't empty bins and when you use a coffee cup they don't give you a new one they just turn it upside down and put it back. Pool service is non existent even ordering food by the pool is hard. On the last day when you check out they would not even give us a towel to use around the pool whilst we waited for our transfer. You can use the gym to freshen up before your transfer arrives but they won't provide you with any water to brush your teeth. In a nut shell this place is a hell hole and I can't find anything good to say about the place except its location is good. If your after a holiday with lovely food, lovely people and some nice relaxing service DON'T GO HERE !

Room Tip: Please don't here, it's the worst place ever!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Alysha W
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon and we paid extra for a delux room only to find a room with two small beds rather than one large. When we asked the staff about it they said that all rooms are the same which leads me to the question what did we pay extra for? I had room service and it was the most expensive thing I had in thailand and the only thing to give me really bad food poisoning. And then when I told the desk we still had to pay for it. The fountains were turned off because it wasnt peak season which would have been fine but that meant the filters were turned off leaving the pathways to smell horrible and lead to thousands of Mosquitos breeding there. My husband got dengue fever from a mosquito bite. I would say save ur money and find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Weeksy88
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed in building 4 (sunset, ground floor with pool access) late June and found Graceland good value at a place that does not pretend to be something it is not. The rooms were clean and tidy, everything worked fine and was cleaned daily - although pool access means anyone can access your spa / pool.
The buffet (breakfast and dinner) was okay but after a few days becomes a bit boring, and the juice (cordial) was not nice. Overall, it is a great place to stay, not too far from the action.

Room Tip: Sunset wing was good, but id give any room there a go.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple