“Good Hotel For Our First Time To Phuket”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #34 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Checking in to Graceland was flat out as there was a big group booking in at the same so we didn't receive our welcome drink ohh well not to bother. We were booked into a 2 bedroom family apartment (we are a family of 5) and they told us we were upgraded to a more spacious room. When we got there which was rooms 2945 & 2947 I was quite happy until I realised my husband and I had to share a double bed,we sleep in a queen at home but I soon got over it,we did a bit or rearranging and took one of the king single beds into the lounge room for our teenage daughter so she had a bit of privacy and our 2 younger boys had room 2945 which was interconnecting to ours ,the bathrooms are lovely and we had 3 big flat screens and 4 balconies in total with one of them overlooking the beach which was gorgeous. As we were directly opposite the Belgium Beer café every night except maybe 2 out of our 12 nights there was live music until at least 11-11.30pm most nights which was ok but I was over it by the time we left. We mainly swam in the Sunset pool as that's what we overlooked and it is so much newer and quieter too. There was always a putrid smell though when we left our building and walked towards the pool but luckily it was only in a smallish area of the hotel. We ate breakfast mainly at The sunset Restaurant as it was so much quieter but I few people I spoke with preferred the other one as the sunset one didn't have bacon but that didn't bother me because it didn't taste like real bacon anyway, we got right into the omelettes and our kids loved loved loved the waffles and pancakes. Ten Pin bowling was a hoot too, and our daughter loved the free wifi in the lobby, The crepe lady out the back gate were amazing you so have to try them, actually all the meals we had up that little street were great and having the mini mart so close too was really handy. Not sure if we'd stay at Graceland again as next time we might want to be a bit closer to the action but it certainly served its purpose and overall it was an enjoyable stay.

2  Thank Kylie040
There are newer reviews for Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We just had ten nights at gracelands, I was a bit worried as I had read the reviews before I left. Let me say if you speak down at anyone expect a rude response, I arrived and the whole time I was there I received kindness from the staff, from reception, porters and cleaning staff, to resturant staff. The breakfast was fantastic, we ate a huge breakfast every morning so did not eat much during the rest of the day. If the toilet smells I would say that they have not had enough rain, as walking the streets the smell was really bad.ecpect a lot of humidity there. We were a family of 11 and half of us fell sick don't know why as we all ate the same thing. Advise go with east tour at lobby they gave the best deals.

Room Tip: We were in the old side number 4 building family room mini suit 3rd floor had no problems just bange...
3  Thank katmolly1
Reviewed 27 July 2013

the quality of the rooms was poor old dusty not clean, flor lifting pieces missing out of it sharp edges, standard not what is shown in pictures after complaining as I booked six months in advance was asked to move to another room same as before, no better , they didn't seem to care new looked good was not even allowed an update to it, have to pay a lot more not good, they need a new customer service team training never stay there again, I travel to Phuket regular and never found it this bad, others are much better sorry but its the truth , clean up your game plan

Room Tip: when on holidays look around at other resorts while your there for future holidays get a tour of bot...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Just got back from 10 nights at Graceland Resort, I feel relaxed and refreshed, exactly what I needed and went for.

I learnt how to say a simple THANK YOU in Thai, this was very much appreciated by the staff at Graceland and locals too. I smiled and thanked them and they returned the same response to me and my friends.

We only experienced one poor customer service at the lobby bar, they seemed to be very un organised and one staff member couldn't handle the pressure, so she came accross rude.

We stayed in room 8316 pool access room (new room), Room was clean and spacious. Our toilet did have a bad smell of sewerage, we complained to reception staff and they put oil burner in bathroom for us. Any requests we needed, we simply asked nicely and they were more than happy to help us.

Pool was nice, very relaxing and convenient with our pool access room. We brought our own drinks to drink on our balcony because 'happy hour' at pool bar isn't all that.
Room service food, not all that either.

WARNING: They have construction next door, So this woke us up at 7am-8am. But remember this is not the resorts fault. I just brought ear plugs and waking up early isn't so bad, you have more time to enjoy or explore Thailand, I could only really hear it in our room. When I was relaxing in the pool I couldn't hear it. The older pool has much more kids, so new pool is better for me to relax.

My man loved the nutella crepes from the lady just outside the resort, left side of resort (opposite side of beach). He went there every night for more.

Overall I LOVED Graceland Resort and so did my fellow travellers, Remember a simple smile goes a long way. When guests come to Australia it's nice for them to learn our customs and important words like 'Thank you' and 'hello', so same goes for Thailand we are guests in their country. .

POOL ACCESS ROOM is a must!!

Room Tip: NEW pool access rooms, very spacious and newer...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Karolina E
Reviewed 23 July 2013

we arrived at Graceland resort on the 4th of july to the 16th. when we arrived at the resort we were blown away by the beautiful entry and foyer. when we checked in they gave us a welcome drink and were just lovely. we didn't have to wait long and we were taken to our rooms.my husband and my daughter and myself were in the new sunset wing pool access room.my other daughter and her boyfriend were in the pool view room on the second floor across from the sunset wing. our pool access room was amazing. very big and clean. the best part is that you just open your door outside and there is the pool. we went swimming at least twice every day..only thing is if you want privacy then get a balcony in the sunset wing .my daughters room was lovely. she had a deluxe pool view room. don't get any thing lower than deluxe. breakfast fantastic big variety of food. very busy around 9. don't have tea at the sunset restaurant very over priced and food not that good. the Belgium bar great music and the thai restaurant on the second floor was lovely. we found a realy nice Italian restaurant called roma . the food is great price is very cheap and has a Italian chef ,.please check it out .it is about three streets past bangla road.. all in all we had the best holiday every thing was great and also there is a great coffee shop just turn left as you go out to the front foyer and go through the gate and there is the little coffee shop very cheap coffee and down from that is a mini mart and chemist ..dont forget the beach straight across the road .

Room Tip: choose a sunset pool access room closer to the sunset restaurant. not as busy in the pool
5  Thank 204Sharon
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We just got back from a 10 night stay in a pool access room in the newish Sunset wing and can honestly say it was an enjoyable stay.
We read all prior reviews and had a few concerns, but all those concerns are now out the window.
From arriving at the resort, we were greeted with big smiles and a nice welcome drink. Check in was easy and we were taken to a huge pool access room.
Room was clean and a nice oil burner was going to give us a nice welcome. Bed was a tad hard, but didn't bother me.
House keeping was excellent and any request we made was no trouble at all.
We only stayed in the sunset wing pool as the other pools had too many screeming kids, but this pool was very relaxing.
We took the Graceland cooking class and it was so rewarding, if you like cooking its a must, lots of fun.

One word of advice, remember your in another country and respect the staff. We had no problems with any request and all staff were smiling and helpful.
I did notice a few other guests speeking down and demanding orders at the staff and of course the staff responded in the same manner.

I would recommend this resort and would stay again.

Side note -
Finally I find it strange other guests stating they got sick from the resort, I say take responsible for your own actions. I suspect they opened their mouth in the shower or brushed their teeth with tap water. They give you bottled water for a reason. My friends and I ate at the resort and room service with no problem.

Again we all enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
13  Thank MoeMarc
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed at Gracelands for 10 nights and I really can't fault anything. If you're looking for somewhere to stay a little bit out of the hustle and bustle this is the place for you. Staff are super friendly and accommodating, nothing is a hassle for them. Buffet Breakfast was amazing but busy around 8.30am onwards. Our beds were very hard but that didn't bother us. The last night we were there they changed all of the beds in our wing and they were much softer. The pools were always clean and spotless and never had a problem with finding a pool bed. One thing I will say though is that we found eating a meal at the Beer Cafe in the resort expensive, gorgeous view of the beach though, especially at sunset. The Grace Bar and Grill was less expensive and great food, also with a beach view. This resort is situated right on the beach. My daughter and I would often go for a massage, manicure and pedicure of an afternoon. There is a pharmacy, mini mart and laundry service (don't use the resort laundry it's way too expensive) on the street just behind the resort which is about a 2 minute walk. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013