“Good location”

Ranked #34 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Frankston, Australia
“Good location”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had a great time here. We were lucky enough to get a spacious twin room set up. It was near the main pool looking out to the grassed area, so it was quiet at night and we were within an easy walk to the pools on both sides and to the buffet every morning. Free wifi in lounge was slow but ok, breakfasts had a fabulous variety. We liked it here because it was right across from Kalim beach and a short tuk tuk ride to Bangla Road. Far enough away from the busy bustling centre of Patong yet you felt like you were still in amongst it. Very comfortable for families. Plenty of pool lounge chairs. I'd stay there again!

2 Thank Cheryl H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We travelled to Phuket in a group consisting of 8 families. Resort was ok but not great. Looking a bit Rundown & needs some attention,It's spacious with 3 large pools. Family suite was spacious. Breakfast wasn't too bad however boring. Each member from each family became sick with a virus & not sure if it was from the resort or from the air. This put a damper on things. The cafe by the pool served nice food. The cafe staff by the pool I found to be lazy as did not come around often to ask if we needed drinks or food. We paid for Wifi for the week , however that was extremely slow & could not be bothered complaining due to the language barrier. Had to constantly ask house keeping to replace our towels . Apart from all that still managed to have fun , however if we ever go again Graceland would definitely not be my first choice. It's value for money I guess & you get what you pay for..

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

This was our fifth trip to Thailand, the previous four we have enjoyed immensely. It was our first stay at The Graceland resort. We are a family of 5 who arrived home today. Resort presented as tired and we stayed in the Garden Wing as we were told only in this older section could interconnecting rooms be guaranteed. This part of the resort had a stale unpleasant odour and there was a great deal of maintainance required. Rooms were tired, and we had problems with air conditioner in one of our rooms which took three days to have fixed as the staff did not seem to understand us. Once someone finally did have a look they disappeared again and problem was not fixed. Tried again the next day and it was eventually resolved. Then the toilet blocked and water leaked over the floor in the bathroom. Internet service is poor, free wifi in lobby is slow and connection unreliable. Asked staff for assistance with it and they indicated they would get their IT person to help, never saw him. Six hours free in room wifi per stay per room is inadequate, we stayed 8 days with 3 children and for much of it could not leave the room, so adequate free in room wifi would have been helpful. The first 2 days we ate dinner at resturants on the beach, food was great. After eating a very ordinary meal from room service we all came down with a very bad stomach bug the next day. My husband and daughter had fever and vomiting which continued until they commenced penicillin the day before we left. I called reception to ask for the number of an on call doctor and was told I should take him to the hospital as they could not be responsible for providing a doctors number. This was not easy in the middle of the night in an unfamiliar place with 3 children. The next day found a 24 tourist medical clinic with call out facilities is less than a block from the resort. Staff did not follow up to ask how my family were fairing, nor did they ask how the stay was when we checked out. I met several other people who had experienced the same stomach symptoms and saw a young boy run through the lobby while his friends screamed that he was going to vomit. no staff attempted to assist him, thankfully he made it to the toilet. I asked Guest Services what people were ill with and how long we're they sick, and was told they were not aware anyone but us had been sick.
The resort is too big, felt like an institution, breakfast was boring and crowded, staff spoke very poor English and often appeared disinterested in communicating with the inmates.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Belinda P
Wales
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

This is a good hotel. Clean big rooms with great service.Staff were always polite and helpful. Pools were great, all 3 of them. Plenty of variety at breakfast. The freezone wi-fi was very slow in the lobby with drinks and restaurant quite expensive. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel for the money we paid.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank yindavies
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Graceland Resort Phuket, we did not resort at all, up all night with a vomiting family, service was very poor, untidy units, great location but that is it. For a family resort it might aswell be a nightclub on Bangla road, bands from late arvo untill midnight everynight we stayed right across from the restaurant and with a vomiting family all night listening to that, it was not a great experience after taking it up to the reception and them telling us it is not there fault i would not recommend staying at this "family resort".......not happy!

1 Thank Jacob S
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed last week at Gracelands. We stayed in room 2947 which faces the Belgian Bar. It was a noisy room as the music played til 11.30pm every night. The music was great just went too late.

The resort is a little tired and needs some love. I felt that the resort was too big and going to breakfast every morning was like being on a school camp. I've also stayed at Holiday Inn twice and this time the group we were travelling with were advised by travel agent to stay at this resort. My opinion before we left is that it is too far from the action and not much around the hotel. I was right. I just felt that if they couldn't give the outside a bit of attention then they mustn't be giving the inside much attention either...not that our rooms weren't clean but 14 out of 15 of us got a very bad tummy bug. We weren't the only ones who had it. Some other families had to leave the resort because their children were so sick.

I feel instead of building a whole new wing the money would've been better spent on refurbishing the ones they had. The resort was just too big and too many people at breakfast time.

Yes Gracelands ticks all the boxes if you have children, but I asked my kids where they would rather stay and they said Holiday Inn.

I have recommended to friends not to stay here....just my opinion, but my experience there was not as good as previous holidays in Phuket.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing Belgian Bar.
3 Thank Zark123
Melbourne
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was my third trip to Phuket. For my other two trips I stayed at The Holiday Inn and I would have stayed there again for sure this time around as well however this trip I was traveling with a larger group who had already decided where we would all be staying.
Location wise not the best. Very close to the beach which I visited all of ZERO times (not a fan of the beach).

There were a number of pools at the resort but our time was spent at the main pool. Which was nice, pleasant with quite a lot of seating around the outside. There was a pool bar which was great if you wanted to swim up to it and get a drink however for those not swimming it was a little more difficult. I am sure they would have had plenty more business if the staff actually approached people and asked if they would like anything to eat or drink.

Our party all got our rooms next to each other which was requested and 2 were adjoining which was a BONUS. The total number in our group was 13 and all but 2 of us were sick, some more briefly than others. Not sure what the cause would have been however it did put a dampener on the hotel as we had to have picked it up from their. We didn't really use the restaurants all that much. The breakfast buffet was average and quite boring. Usually that is one of the things I most look forward to of a day :-)

There was quite a lot of maintenance work that needed to be done around the grounds but it didn't see that these were being attended to. The language barrier here was also not the best with the staff struggling with their English.

The rooms were nice. DVD players not provided and quite costly to rent. The bed however was extremely HARD.

All in all the place is ok but I will not be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family