“Needs a makeover”

Ranked #34 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Australia
“Needs a makeover”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Decent hotel with good size rooms, staff were friendly and helpful. You get green towels for the pool. Breakfast was average and didn't change for the whole stay- they need to review their menu . The restaurant was good but overpriced for what we received. We had a sandwich by the pool and they charged us 600 baht ! Ripped off. The grounds are well maintained and their seems to be a good variety of things to do for kids.the pools - all of them need some serious maintenance ! Broken tiles everywhere, which were a safety issue if you weren't careful, and it's needs to be cleaned !!! Black scum marks around the water level in all the pools. The whole area looks tired. Across the road from the beach, which was fine and the local there friendly and helpful.Decent enough hotel but there are better ones for the same price at the other end of the beach. Probably won't stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Belgium restaurant unless you want loud music till late
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Good location, close to beach and close to night life that Phuket offers. Stayed in the "old" part of the resort but was still nice, would stay again but will most likely stay in the new part just so I can have a swim up pool at my front door! Meals were great at all the venues. Security great and willing to help with directions and explain to tok tok drivers the place you want to go! Will always stay and recommend this place

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Nathan M
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in May 2014 in what is a relatively quiet off peak season. We chose Graceland as it's in a good location in Patong and chose to spend the money we saved by going there to upgrade our room to the Pool Access in the Sunset Wing. We had a great time the week we were there and found that the staff and service was fantastic. Our room was clean and beautifully styled and we had plenty of space. We loved that the wide step down into the pool from the balcony turned into a jacuzzi! Make sure at check in you make sure the jets on yours are working as not all of them were working on other rooms while we stayed there. We were in the back half of the pool Sunset wing which suited us well as there's a swim up bar and we were a couple of young female 20 something's ready to relax over a few drinks. We noticed that the groups further back were typically younger and families more towards the front of the pool. Keep this in mind if you're a family wanting to avoid young rowdies or if you're a young swim up bar fan wanting to avoid the noisy kids. The breakfasts and meals/drinks were reasonably priced for what we were getting although it's well known that you save money by eating out of your hotel. It didn't bother us. Only thing I would warn about would be to avoid using the slippers / things - ours looked green from other peoples foot scums! But we had a really fantastic stay, and as a travel agent and friend I'll definitely keep recommending the Graceland.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ElleColl
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Could not fault . Know people who have been back up to 8 times I now know why . Would recommend to all my friends and family . Pools are up there with the best . Dinning is relaxed and easy going. Food was fresh Free wifi in lobby. And don't forget the bowling alley.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MKNicholls
Manila
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was here for a conference and the facilities for that are fine. The room was large and in decent repair but there were plenty of annoyances that detracted from the experience. I have to stay in touch with work, and the WIFI was terrible, constantly cutting out (and be advised that you have to pay extra for access). Also, the shower temperature changed every few seconds, moving back and forth between nearly freezing and scalding. The restaurant in the hotel is above average as far as buffets go, but it is pricey. Easy access to the beach and to some cheaper restaurants is a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We caught a minivan from the airport to the hotel for 1200 baht which is big enough to carry 2 adults 1 child and 2 large cases 3 carry cases and 3 carry bags and a stroller and room for another adult.
Arrived at the hotel and had to go in and get the trolley and bring my own luggage into reception had no problem at reception all good had someone to take our luggage to our room. We had room 2725 which was very good and comfortable and 3 towels for the bathroom and 3 towels for the pool.
If anything was free they gave us an extra one for our child that doesn’t happen in too many hotels.
They have 4 pools and 1 kids pool all very nice pools but the main pool needs a bit of attention with some of the tiles, Some tiles are missing and are sharp and the water edge tiles need a good clean and the other complaint is with all them pools not one has a bit of sun protection me and my daughter have white skin and we burn if we spend very long in the sun I think they should put some sun shade over the top deck pool so we can spend more time swimming and I thought that the pool temperature was to warm not refreshing when it is very hot.
The cocktail party we attended was absolutely beautiful cold beer and great food lots of desserts my best part of this hotel.
Staff was friendly but not much English with a hotel with so many English speaking customers you would think they employ some who understand English.
Now for my gripes the mosquitoes are very bad my poor daughter got eaten alive and had bites everywhere I complained at reception and they gave us 2 sachets but the house keeper couldn’t speak English and so we just opened it and placed it on the table, it wasn’t until the last night there I opened a draw and here was this electric machine that we were suppose to place this sachet. We bought a can of spray from the local 7 Eleven to control them ourselves. Please note that mosquitoes don’t attack her in Australia. The mosquitoes are everywhere on their grounds especially anywhere where there sun doesn’t get to inside or out.
Breakfast was fair but same thing every day and the food was cold that should have been hot.
There restaurants are a rip off and not very nice we had the buffet for dinner one night near the lobby and it wasn’t cheap I think it was 650 baht each and it was terrible all the hot food was cold and the variety was poor for a price like that.
The Belgian beer cafe was disgusting full of mosquitoes and well over priced I got the Pan friend sea bass and it was 2 very tiny pieces of fish a tiny bit of mashed potatoes and the tiniest vegetables for 550 baht and my wife had chicken breast also tiny for 350 baht and the manager wouldn’t even give my daughter a half a glass of drinking water so disgusted that I walked back and got the free bottle of water from my room.
The Grace Bar and Grill was also poor service very slow and we got the Graceland burger each which had a small burger and a few chips, the burger Pattie was the toughest and tasteless burger I have ever had and all it had was a bit of sauce no salads on it like tomatoes and lettuce etc I never returned.
I personally think that this location is at the wrong end of Patong beach it closer to everything the other end of the road.
The beach across the road was fair but we spent the last 4 days at Sugar palm marina in Karon beach and it was better and the beach so much better cleaner and close to everything.
If I do go back to Phuket I would definitely go the other end and spend more time in Karon beach.
PS Try not to go March, April, May it is way too HOT you walk for 5 minutes and you are hot and wet.
I would never go back to Phuket Graceland Hotel if you do take insect spray and areogard.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Malcolm505
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my parents and we had a great time. It is right next to the beach with a nice pool, many nice pools! We stayed in the older section of the hotel which is not as nice as the new section. I would highly recommend staying in the new section. Otherwise a very nice place to stay!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family