“Pretty good hotel to stay in”

Inn Patong Beach Hotel Phuket
Ranked #203 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed in PBL for 4 days 3 nights, 12-15 October 2013 with my partner. The hotel room was ok, but they only provide 2 bottles of mineral water as complimentary throughout our stay, so i bought from the 24hours covenience store,which is just a stroll away from PBL.
The smell of chlorine from the swimming pool is so strong that i dont feel comfortable to swim.
However, the good thing about PBL is it is just a walking distance to Hard Rock Cafe (5min), Bangla Road (5min), Jungceylon Mall (5Min), Beach (Take short cut about 5min). The staff is friendly and helpful.

This was my honeymoon trip with my partner, we went to weekend night market in phuket town(30min by car/tuktuk), Big Buddha, Tiger Kingdom, Cashew nut factory, Island hoping (Phi Phi Island/ Krabi)

Overall, Good experience

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yichi7
Patong M, Manager at Inn Patong Beach Hotel Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Sawasdee Krab!

Greetings from Patong Beach Lodge,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for sparing the time to give us your detailed valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that we lived up to your expectations and you had a memorable honeymoon trip experience.

After consulted with our management and hotel operation. Right now we are already provided 2 bottles of mineral water as complimentary daily. We very sorry to hear that you dont feel comfortable to swim with the our chlorine from the swimming pool. We already pass this to our engineering team to ensure to control of this. It is good to hear that you Like our location, that you describe. Less than a five minute walk from the heart of town. Thank you for complementing our services and our staff , your positive comments will motivate us in delivering services to our best. Your words of appreciation have been shared with our team and we try to give our guest the best service and value for money.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the nearly future.

Warm Regards,
Management,
Patong Beach Lodge

There are newer reviews for Inn Patong Beach Hotel Phuket

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed in Patong Beach Lodge in November 2013 with my friend and I was happy with this hotel. It is a perfectly located hotel and absolutely a value for money hotel. It is a good budget hotel if your stay is for 3-4 days.

Location: This hotel is perfectly located close the important areas such as Bangla Road (5 minute walk) & Patong Beach (10 minute walk). The hotel is just one minute inside a street from the main road.

Room: We had taken a Superior Room and on request we were given the ground floor room. The room was decent and perfect for the amount we paid. I would still suggest anyone to choose a room on higher floor with a swimming pool view. The room was medium sized, though I would have liked if it was slightly bigger.

The safe was not available in the room but was instead available near the reception where there was an entire room with safes. I would have preferred the safe in the room.

Food: Complimentary buffet breakfast was really good in the morning. It was sufficient and had a great variety of things to eat. They also gave Dragon Fruit, which was our favorite in the breakfast. It was somewhat like an English Breakfast. Though eating options for a vegetarian were less in the buffet breakfast. In our case, we eat non veg so it did not bother us.

Facilities: The swimming pool was clean and for a hotel which was not expensive, it was a great addition to have.

The safe room behind the reception was also good and we had our important documents kept there and faced no issue.

Room service is also efficient. The staff was courteous and helpful.

Overall:

This is basically a value for money hotel and you absolutely get your moneys worth. I had a great time staying here and I would surely go back again to this hotel. They do need small improvements such as increasing the room size, having a safe in the room and adding vegetarian food variety in the breakfast.

For people who love luxury, there are many other hotels in the same area but you must shell our some extra money.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms with swimming pool view are the ideal ones. If you are looking for a value for mo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vinitmehta1989
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The corridor looks shabby!...it is even more surprising when entering the room. Floor was filthy, old TV CRT, shampoo and bath liquid are not quality at all but thanks God they have water heater machine working well although the water smelled bad in the first a couple of minutes. Bed linen and pillow were under expectation. Breakfast ? it a true Joke...it seemed that they do not have enough plates,. spoons, forks, knives etc...they keep saying to you "sit down sit down" but they will let you wait you for long....I was not the only one complained. I also saw other visitors complained. Definitely I will not come back. It was just unfortunate for me. Wondering why my travel agent chose this one for me for three nights ?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank tamawidjaja
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Paid just over 300baht for a big double room with tv, aircon, private bathroom and balcony overlooking pool. Breakfast was not included (250baht extra!). There is a big construction site right next door but it really didn't bother us - some noise during the day. Slept really well at night. Great reception staff. Changed our rooms for us without hassle so we could have a balcony. We had a very comfortable stay and for the price we would highly recommend! Room service is also offered!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Jo R
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I travelled around Phuket with some friends, this was my favourite place. : it is a budget hotel for short period of stay. Most importantly, the location is so convenient. I was sad to leave Patong Beach Lodge even though week two of my trip was 5-star wing at Mercure hotel . Same planet, different worlds. Patong Beach lodge Hotel has the feel of a traveler’s hotel, real people, genuine staff, family atmosphere. Mr. Jes helped us with all of our questions and with booking a taxi for the morningIt also hotel has a nice clean elevator and small swimming pool. We will return this hotel later this year!

Room Tip: Ask the room not face with the constuction side
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ngyu j
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stay here for four nights with my family. The location is perfect. It is at a quiet street but easy to get the transportation. Just walk a few minutes, we can find many restaurants or shops to find out the souvenirs. The staffs are very helpful. They help me to check the travel I have booked when it was late to pick me up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Isriyti
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here 1 night during our trip to Phuket. The place is really quite and nice.
The rooms are spacious, clean and the beds are big enough for 2 person.
There is swimming pool in this hotel. Beach is just 5 minutes walking distance

Breakfast is just average.

Nightlife at Bangla Road and Patong Beach is quite far to walk... If u took the TUK TUK they will charge u around 200 bath per way to patong town.

We enjoyed our 1 night stay here and will recommend this hotel to whoever looking for a quite place to relax.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple