“The best intro to Thai cooking”

Pum's Cooking School, Patong Beach
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Patong
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had an amazing afternoon with 3 lovely ladies from Ausi on a hot afternoon in Patong. Our chef and teacher was the best. She explained flavours and ingredients very carefully and was incredibly patient. We cooked some amazing dishes which my wife joined us and helped us eat there was more than enough for extras. I am now the thai cook at our place especially when we are having guests for dinner, it is quick and easy and very tasty. If you are in Patong or thinking about travelling there a must do is Pums Cooking School, you won't be disappointed. The restaurant has amazing food for lunch or dinner as well. Thanks again, I'll see you again when I return.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

What can I say? Yum! Had a fun afternoon and purchased some delicious pastes to take home. Special thanks to Nam who was our friendly teacher.

2  Thank ktpoz
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the cooking class, the instructors were informative and fun and the food was great. Highly recommended ... as someone who loves to cook I found the instruction excellent ...but even people that don't particularly enjoy to cook will have fun in this class.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Lazy Thai cooking - Pum's words not mine - read her books to learn more. 4 of us as a family unit attended a day's cooking class in Patong. The lady herself, Pum, sat us down for a taste sensational journey before we started the cooking sessions. She painstakingly showed us knife skills and cutting practice to ensure all vegies were cut "just-so" for texture and presentation.
We had previously sent her 5 dishes each that we would like to cook; so we all prepared vegetables, and learned the surprisingly simple base recipes for the chosen sauces, ie, red and green curry pastes.
Then to the kitchen to meet our trainer-chef, who had obtained all the meats, fish prawns etc for the heap of dishes to come. Chef impressed upon us to minimise oil and to carefully watch temperature. So for lunch we had 10 dishes (don't have breakfast beforehand) then we had 8 dishes and two desserts - don't throw away your over-ripe bananas, cooked in coconut milk and served cold...delicious.
When the cooking and eating (over-eating) finished chef donned her street togs and took us on a very informative shopping tour of the Patong "wet" markets showing us what to buy and alternatives we might need at home.
We got the book, we ate well, the food was fantastic and yet uncomplicated in prep and cooking: all I all a thoroughly enjoyable activity for all levels of home cooks.

1  Thank JONHallettCove J
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Both my husband & I have recently attended Pums cooking class and enjoyed every bit of it.
We were lucky to have Pum show us how to cook a couple dishes & then enjoyed eating our creations.
What I thought was a long & time consuming meals to cook, turned out to be quick, simple & very fast to create.
Thanks Pum & your team - we both enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to get back to Australia & try our talents out