“good location”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 22 October 2012

i got back from the yorkshire 1 week ago,another exellent stay in this hotel,the cleaners in this hotel are fantastic,every day the room was spotless when i came back to room in evening,the only negative thing i can write about the room was it was on ground floor,you had to keep the blinds closed 24/7 also there was a fridge freezer outside the window which was constantly being opened by the kitchen staff to get food which was really annoying.As for the hotel staff they were excellent and really friendly,there was 1 member of staff who worked on reception mainly in afternoons,she was the friendliest and funniest reception girl i have ever met and i travel alot to many hotels.I checked out on 14th sept but never got to say goodbye to her as i never seen her working for say 3 days before i left,she may of had time off,if the manager reads this i think the first 2 letters of her name was Ch,i hope she gets told about this review because she was a very good reception girl.Great location,great hotel see you in 2013.....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
TheYorkshireHotel, Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The receptionist with name beginning Ch is Chomdao and I informed her of your lovely review, which she responded with a giggle.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I'm single and stayed this hotel 4times. Actually, I didn't stay standard, deluxe or superior.
Exactly I stayed apartment, wharfe and arncliffe. Those room located next to Yorkshire inn. Of course I can use pool and gym. And I didn't have any bic noise during sleep
Why am I take that room type? Because I can keep private and whatever I do without illegal
Additional I can make cook by myself.
Location is very good. close to Jungcellyon, and Bangla road, Just 2~3mins by work. All Staffs are very helpful and kindness without one staff. But price is little bit expenssive and not including breakfast and 10% tax, service tax 7%. It's only one bad thing. However I already booked this hotel November and December.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2012

this was my 5th time to phuket ,usually i come with friends and when arrive look for a good place to stay ,the most i paid until now was 800-900 baht per night and was very happy with what i got .
this time i came alone so i was looking for something more and good location .when i found the yorkshire hotel(after reading tripadvisor) it looked great and i was willing to spend a bit more cause i was alone and wanted something really good .i found the hotel at 1300 baht a night on booking.com and booked it for 7 nights .when i arrived i got my room ,room number 10 (if i remeber right ) ,they show me the room and it looked a bit small and older then the pictures i saw .
then i sit down on the bed and turn on the A./C .i notice the room is really smelly and the a/c is very bad .after less then 5 minutes i decide i aint staying here any more .i go down to the reception and tell them that the room is smelly and the a/c doesn't work properly .the guy seating in the reception looks for about 15 second on the computer and tells me nothing to do all the other rooms are full .i told him no way i am staying in that room ,he tells me you can contact booking.com and tell them about it .then i remebered that the manager answers alot of reviews and does care about his hotel.so i told the recerption guy to call the manager ,his first response is the manager is not here and cant be reach now .then i told him this is a lie as when i came in the hotel i am almost positive i saw the manager ,only then the reception realized i was totally serious about not staying at that room ,and looked agian in the computer and suddenly he found me a diffrenet room ,this time room 23 ,which is has a seperate entrance .
when i got to room 23 ,i noticed this was much better and looked much like the pictures .i stayed here for a week and everything was really good including the pool. 1 time i come back to my room at around 2am and put the key in the keyhole and the lock isnt opening .i went to reception and told them that ,they told me that maintance will be only in the morning and for now they gave me another room,that room was even a better one ,in the morning i got my room back after maintance fixed the lock. the hotel itself was in great location for me as i wanted a place that is close enough to bangala road .
after i stayed 1 weeks i went to bangkok and was planing to come back in less then a week .
i contacted the hotel through e-mail and asked about reserving the hotel for another 4 days ,but this time i wanted to make sure i get same room type like room 23 ,after about 4-5 e-mails back and forth the room was booked .this time when i arrived i got the keys to room 23 , i go to the room open the room and there is a sand bag in the room and the same smell from the other room , i have to say this was after the flood .i went back to reception agian and they changed my room agian to another room ,same as room 23 .so i was happy .
another thing is the price of food in the hotel ,i ate only once in the hotel ,the food was ok but i feel like they are trying hard in this hotel to get extra money ,the price in the menu isnt the final price you pay ,they add to that price taxes and more .i paid and even left a tip for the waitress but didnt come back to eat there .its the only Restaurant in thailand that i ate that the price on the menu wasent the same as in the bill .
i might come back to this hotel as a whole its still a really good hotel and the beds are really comfy but all that as long as you get the right room .i gave this hotel a high rating despite everything that happened to me .
to manager i think you should fix some things with the Employees, i got the feeling that if you book your hotel with other websites then you are worth less then if you book it direct by the hotel website ,and i think thats wrong .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Edan217
TheYorkshireHotel, Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I note that this is the first review you have posted.

Let me start by expressing my gratitude for the 4 star rating you have attributed to the Yorkshire Hotel.
It is always gratifying to us when a customer rates the overall experience, rather than one or two incidences.

On the rare occasion that a guest is unhappy with the room that they have booked, we do everything possible to make alternative arrangements.
On the day of your arrival, the hotel was 90% occupied. I am sure you will appreciate that this made moving you to another room extremely difficult.
In talking with the receptionist who managed your check in procedure, he got the impression that you wanted to cancel your booking. This would explain his suggestion that you contact the Tour Operator with whom you made your reservation. This is standard operating procedure, as we do not have the authority to make amendments to a reservation placed by a Tour Operator.
It is my feeling that this was simply a misunderstanding that arose due to language barriers.

Patong was badly flooded on 22 August 2012, and heavy rain continued for several days after that.
Room 23, being a ground floor room, was flooded four days prior to your second stay with us.
Whilst we did everything possible to dry out the room, there may have been a slight dampness which caused the smell.
The reason for the sand bag being in the room was as a precaution, should it have been necessary during a recurrence of flooding.
The Staff were quite correct in moving you to another room.

I would like to point out that, on the restaurant menu, it clearly states that "all prices are subject to VAT of 7%, and an optional service fee of 10%"
Unlike most restaurants in Thailand, the service fee at the Yorkshire Hotel is Optional, and there is no obligation to pay it. This is done in order to ensure that our staff deliver the highest standards of service, and they are fully aware that a guest can decide not to pay the service charge.
I am happy to report that less than 0.01% of guests decline to pay the service charge, as we go to great efforts to train the staff to make every guests dining experience a memorable one.

I have shared your comments with my staff, and have noted your concerns about the way some of the issues during your stay were handled.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you at the Yorkshire in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

The Yorkshire is Cost efficient, centrally located, great food and friendly - for the price its a great option for anyone looking for a base in Phuket. (more of a singles / couples option than a family place though). The gym is possibly the best ive found in such a small hotel - well done !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is my second review of the Yorkshire. I stayed in the newest addition to the hotel,The Dalesman (or DS to the staff). I stayed there for 2 weeks in September 2012. For me,the room was great value, my leaking hose problem in the bathroom was fixed quickly. As usual, the facilities were great, pool, gym, spa, steam room were fanstastic to use. It is in a great area, just a few minutes walk to the bustling nightlife.
The room itself was a pleasure to stay in. I couldn't say enough about the room, except that if you are in the mood to induluge yourself, then stay in this suite.
The ladies at the front desk are very pleasant to talk to,especially for me anyway, Tata and Chomdao were very funny to chat with.
Overall,as usual, a wonderful experience the second time around, and like i mentioned earlier, my home in Patong. Well done to all the staff for again giving me another wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Do your research and see which room suits your budget and other reqiurements when staying in Patong...
Reviewed 21 September 2012

So, to start off let me say that I am a 26 year old male who enjoys working out, nightlife, and great food. I'm very social in the evening and I enjoy relaxing during my vacations. With that said, this is the best spot in my opinion to do everything above. The location is prime; not too close, and certainly not too far. The staff is very friendly. I conversed with a couple staff members along with the owner prior to my stay, and upon arrival I was checked in early, offered coupons for the area, and fed a very hearty lunch. I am able to relax and workout at my leisure. The laundry service is fast and the facilities have everything you could want. If you want a great value and a comfortable stay while on holiday, then look no further. I can't praise this place enough!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review.

We are thrilled when somebody really enjoys staying with us.

We hope you return to stay with us again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The hotel was noisy and room had no windows. Upon checking out the reception tried to charge me 10% extra for "gratitude?", which was stated as "optional" on the invoice. Not a place I would recommend unless you are too drunk to walk a bit further....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark M
TheYorkshireHotel, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We apologise that you didn’t have a comfortable stay with us.

The Yorkshire hotel is located in the heart of Patong and as such its surrounded by other buildings, and is subject to the usual noise associated with a busiest tourist resort.

In addition the hotel is only three storeys high, so therefore we do not have views from many of our rooms.
Therefore some of our rooms do not have windows.

I would like to point out that this fact is well documented on our website, and our reception staff always point this issue out to prospective customers.

Thank you again.