The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
US$146
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$103
US$122
US$113
Marriott Hotels
Patong Merlin Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$89
All reviewslarge double deluxebangla roadsteam room and saunahotel gymgreat gymtuk tukstandard roompool barperfect locationpatong beachnight lifecleaning staffair conminute walk to the beachthai foodenjoyed my staywalking street
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Spent two weeks here from 17-31st october. So i spent a long time searching for the perfect hotel for what my friend and I were after. Found it on trip advisor. Nice room good price and close to nightlife. We stayed in the arncliffe suite. For the price its great value. location- perfect as close as you can get to bangla without being too close. We were worried about the apartments being in a seperate block to the reception but in the end that was fine. Pool was nice gym is great. so all the big things were perfect. but no little things went right.

I chose this hotel because i new it had a foreign owner that was well involved with the hotel. So i new any dramas ill speak to him and they'll get sorted.
Unfortunately some guys told me he was unwell so i hope you get well soon mate and im sorry i couldnt speak to you about these issues instead of on here.

So our aparment is 2 ajacent rooms arnclife right and arncliffe left.

Get in the room. they dont know how to work the safes. They tell me i can use these tiny safes in reception (mind you thats in a seperate block to our room ). for the duration of the trip. I didnt want that and the staff seemed mad at me, By the end of the trip my safe worked but they couldnt get my mates to work ( arncliffe right) and got mad when we asked so we stopped.

My airconditioning in arncliffe left wouldnt work i asked them many times but because it turns on they think its ok. IT doesnt work, My mates room was cool. mine boiling hot. ITS BROKEN. same thing I stopped asking because they got mad at us so put up with a hot room for 2 weeks !.

The shower rail in arncliffe left is held on by nothing and fell down on 2 people before i just removed it. it needed to be bolted into the wall or something.

one night i accidently locked my keys in my room. Just to be told the hotel doesnt have a spare key to the arncliffe left bedroom. Well why have a lock on it? So i stayed in my mates bedroom.
Only to watch the staff the next day break into the room with a piece of cardboard. Wasnt feeling safe then noing anybody can just do that !

I asked for the mini bar to stop being re stocked as i was on a budget and didnt want to keep taking things from it. But it kept getting restocked daily no matter how much i asked for it not to.

I know this review sounds harsh but ask anybody we were loverly to everybody there . After the 4th day i stopped complaining about anything because i new nothing would get done about anything. A few more little things went wrong but iv'e said enough.

Perfect hotel perfect location just little things letting it down.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
TheYorkshireHotel, Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Yorkshire Hotel.
Whilst it is always gratifying to receive a 4 out of 5 rating from a guest, naturally it is of great concern that there were certain parts of your stay that failed to meet expectations.
The Arncliffe Suite is an extremely popular apartment for customers who desire more privacy, but as you have mentioned, a customer in no way feels isolated from the main hotel.
Although we have never had complaints about either the safe or airconditioning in the suite, we have had both items thoroughly checked, and they were found to be in good order.
I apologise for the lack of response from my staff, but I only wish that you had demanded to speak to me at the time of the problem.
That said, I have shared you review with my Senior Managers, and it will be used as an example in the enhancement of our staff training.
We do hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I had heard great stories about this hotel and i did enjoy staying there.
I thought their replies from e-mails when booking were good, very quick to reply.
The first night i stayed in one of the small rooms, very small but comfortable enough and very clean, i then moved to room 38, this room was far too noisy as it is at the back of the hotel, i just couldnt get to sleep to be honest, i think room 39 would be th exact same.
I asked to move to room 36, my request was met and i had been moved within about 15 mins of asking, very good service.
I thought the gym was excellent, the pool area was also very good, very clean and always maintaned well.
The hotel is situated in a great place as i do a lot of diving and the dive shop is only across the road, great access to everywhere.
However their were two things i was dissapointed with, the price of red wine from the bar was far too expensive, maybe i would pay those prices in London/Dubai or Paris, but certainly not Phuket, the optional 30% service charge is a good idea if you actually get asked if you wish to pay this, the 30% optional service charge was automatically put on my final invoice, if it was optional then they should wait and ask you if you would like to pay this, due to the fact they never asked me and just expected me to pay it, i actually refused.
I wasnt in the hotel much at all as i was out most days from 7am till 7pm, but i thought all staff were polite and courteous, it seems that the management run the hotel very well and are aware what their customers want/require to make their stay perfect.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor at the back of the hotel are very noisy all night long, prob rooms 38/39.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is my favorite hotel in Phuket with great staff and great location but the maintenance of the AC units in the rooms is poor. The last time I checked in I had to go to 4 different rooms before I found an AC unit that worked well. One unit made a funny sound (like a slow whop whop) and it sounded like it was going to die soon. Another unit just blew warm air, even after running it at max for 20 minutes.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Hi, I spent more than 2 weeks in October 2012 in this hotel. Service is great, location great, close to beach, night life, so you don't need to be ripped off by taxi drivers. Rooms are big and clean. No joiner fee. Pool and gym were great too. I paid for service charge fee (tip for employees in hotel), and I think it is fair to pay them extra for great service.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
TheYorkshireHotel, Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We are really pleased you enjoyed all expects of our hotel.

The 10% service charge is an extensive for our staff to go that extra mile for you during your stay.
In Most hotels in Thailand the service charge is not optional and is mandatory, however we feel it pushes our staff to provide a better service.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I left the Yorkshire two days ago and am suffering withdrawal symptoms already. I cannot praise this hotel highly enough. I'd give it ten stars if I could! Although it may not be the most luxurious or good for a couples romantic getaway, but for me it is the Best Hotel in the World. All the staff were incredibly polite and friendly, from the receptionist to the cleaners. The waitressing staff have to be the most sweetest girls in the hospitality industry. I was made to feel incredibly welcome.
The food was fantastic. The English breakfast was better than I could get at home, mainly because I didn't have to make it myself. The Thai food also delicious.
Sitting at the bar outside watching the world go past on Soi Sansabai was a great evening routine.
The gym, pool and sauna were excellent. I stayed in the Dalesman suite and it was awesome.
It's so close to Soi Bangla and 15-20 minutes walk from the beach.
Again, I cannot praise this hotel enough.
My only reservation about giving the Yorkshire such a good review is that next time I want to go, it'll be fully booked.
Thanks for a fantastic stay and I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we couldn’t ask for a better one !!

Our ultimate goal is to make everybody feel welcome and really enjoy their time with us.

We hope to see you again soon, we will save you a room.

Thank you again.