“Great location and pool”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel is perfect, it's a 2 minute walk from bangla road and the jungcelon shopping centre, and 5 minute walk from patong beach. All the staff are helpful, friendly and polite. In particular the 2 girls who work by the pool tuk tuk and phyu are great, they work very hard. The pool area is beautiful, very clean and a nice big pool. The room we stayed in was good, nice and clean and quiet. There is also a gym here which is free for guests which we've used everyday, there's everything you need here for a good workout and the gym is spacious and has air con. The food in the restaurant was delicious, they also have a healthy menu for anyone who's visiting Phuket to train. I Would definitely recommend staying here to other travellers

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Yorkshire Inn is a perfect fit for me with regards to location, service, facilities and choice of rooms. On my last visit things did not start off too brightly. A long day of travel without sleep and an argument at Phuket Airport with the mini-van drivers (That incident is worth a review in itself but basically if you are not on a budget and do have a schedule, take a taxi!) did not put me in the best of moods on my arrival at The Yorkshire.

My demeanor did not improve when my coveted room number 8 (Small but very dark and quiet) had been upgraded from Standard to Standard Deluxe. Nicely refurbished and the price was not a problem. However, although the new design had created more space there was only an open rack for hanging clothes and no drawer space at all. Before the refit both storage facilities had been included.

A backpacker or someone who, on holiday, likes to live out of a suitcase wouldn't have a problem but for a ten day stay I am the type of person who needs to have a place for everything. After a tough year at work I had been so much looking forward to just relaxing and not have to worry about anything.

I informed the reception staff of my concern and the next day I was upgraded at no extra cost to Room 33 which was even better for me. On my next visit I would certainly pay the going rate for this type of room. Another quiet location without the intrusion of early morning sunlight.

It may have bee the low season but the hotel staff did not have to do this. It was more of a humane act because it would have been pretty obvious how stressed out I was. Such a response immediately had the desired effect and my holiday resumed with an elevated outlook on life.

To be so close to the nightlife and Jungceylon shopping are obvious benefits especially in the rainy season. The staff also contributes to the ambiance of the place, as does the availability of a gym which really does have an extensive range of equipment. Add to that the swimming pool, steam room and sauna and it makes it the only place I would consider staying on my visits to Phuket.

Room Tip: Consider your own needs and carefully look at the different room types and rates.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Yorkshire is a definite must. I will be staying here when I come back! I had a double deluxe room, a great sized bedroom with cleaning services turning over everyday. Restaurant, bar, pool, gym etc downstairs! Great staff! I mean fabulous! They all went the extra mile with great/helpful attitudes everyday! I have to give a special shoutout to a waitress - Phyu. Don't let her go Yorkshire! The hotel is so close to Bangala Rd, Markets & shops. I most definitely enjoyed my stay here, will be back soon!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

what can i say, it was a pleasure to stay here with this busy hotel, reasonable rates and top class facilities,

room was LARGE and clean, good hot water and water pressure,
large bed with good linen, LCD tv that plays music from your USB
internet wasn't so good (best to use your phone data)

Large double Deluxe room has a spacious toilet separate from the spacious bathroom,
and has massive rooms !
my room (75) didn't have much of a view, but that didn't bother me

hotel also has a steam room (was unavailable while i was there) and a sauna and pool !

only bad thing about this hotel was the air conditioner in my room was FILTHY!, i cleaned the filters myself, after that it worked a lot better and lost a lot of the mustyness

and this hotel has no lift

Room Tip: if you dont like stairs get a room on a lower floor book the large deluxe room, for a MASSIVE room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stay here whenever I can get a booking, which tells you how popular this place is ! Located close to Bangla rd in the heart of Patong, the Yorkshire will exceed your expectations in all aspects. With Bi-lingual staff that are well trained in hospitality and can handle any situation. Safe, secure, clean and quiet for the location.
After one stay you will realise why this place is frequently Booked Out!
The food is well priced a little dearer than other places but very good quality.
Treat yourself to a Luxury apartment or superior deluxe room, you will be glad you did.
The Pool area is quiet and comfy with a steam and Sauna that add up to a relaxing atmosphere.
There is a Gym if you really need one.
The best way to describe the Yorkshire is, "You pay a little extra, but you get a quality product and service".

Room Tip: Any Luxury apartment especially the 2nd or top floor... Superior large Deluxe room 58 had a Balcony...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a wonderful stay at the Yorkshire Inn for 12 nights in April 2014. We were in the apartment which faces directly onto the street on the ground floor. In the living area we could hear some of the outside noises but this was not an issue if we were wanting to sleep as the bedroom is a separate room and very well insulated. It was very hot and I think the air conditioner stayed on the whole duration of our trip! I originally booked the hotel through agoda, they gave me a confirmation number and everything but no hotel voucher. I tried to get in contact with agoda but they did not get back to me until halfway through my trip! Luckily I was able to Email the hotel before I left Australia and they were extremely helpful and assured me that I wouldn't be charged twice. We ended up paying direct to the hotel. I didn't use a lot of the hotel facilities like the gym, pool or restaurant (although they all did look impressive) but I could not fault the hotel staff, they were very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is in the best location if you like to shop at Jungcelon (literally a 2 minute walk), if you like the nightlife and don't want to spend top dollar on a hotel.

Room Tip: We booked the Large Double Deluxe Room with King Sized Bed which is basically an apartment for 2000B...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

In brief, the staff are really helpful and friendly, the food is very nice and if your a Brit you will certainly find some home comforts here. The facilities are good as are the rooms based on what you pay although there was a minor ant problem in my room but most importantly its location is bang on the money a literal stones throw from the top of bangla road down the back of Jung Ceylon with good food place all around. I would recommend this defiantly for a groups looking to be in the heart of it

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo