“The Yorkshire Inn hits the spot once more.”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I have recently returned from a 13 night stay at the Yorkshire inn Hotel Patong Beach,this is the second year runnung myself and my friends have stayed at the hotel.
This time we upgarded to the Delux rooms which i would recommend to anyone to stay in, they are spacious,modern, and spotlessly clean,which is the same for the entire hotel.
Paul Gibson Owner has surrounded himself with a team of staff who are a credit to him they have nearly all been working at the hotel now for some considerable time and are very efficient polite and hard working.
I think this is one of the reasons so many people myself included have no hesitation in returning to the Hotel time after time
The hotel is situated just a short walk from the main shopping centre Jungcelon and also the bars and nightlife of Bangla Road.
The food served at the hotel is excellent catering for all tastes the All Day Breakfast being a favorite amongst guests.
Ther is also a very good fitness and spa centre at the hotel icluding Gym.Swimming Pool.Steam Room and Sauna which are all free to use by guests
If anyone is looking for a well run,friendly hotel i can recommend the Yorkshire.

There are newer reviews for The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 9 April 2010

My wife and I spent a very pleasant week at the Yorkshire. The rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly. The rate is very affordable and the Hotel is situated in the heart of all the action. The pool and gym are excellent. We spent many idle hours by the pool. The tour guide service attached to the Hotel offers great value for the tourist, the young lady helping us there was excellent.
We had no problems staying there and will do so again if we ever return to Phuket.
Thank you to Paul (Owner) and all his staff for a great week.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Someone else booked the room for us, so I looked it up, and thought, "hmm.... decent looking. Not bad."
When I got there, I was in shock. I have never seen a room planned so badly. The smell of the cleaning detergents were so overpowering my first night there, I was getting a headache and sinus kept feeling like it was reacting to something. The rooms in the photo is NOTHING like what you end up getting. From the photos, it looks like you will be checking into a pleasant and cosy room. Upon opening the door to the room, first and only thing you will see is the bed. This is what takes up the most space. The dressing table is tucked so far back into the far side of the room, that you will need to climb over the bed to get there, as there is only a 40cm gap between the bed and the cabinet that contains a bar fridge and has an ancient TV sitting onto of it. The shower pressure kept dropping, and we had to keep getting the housekeeping to fix it. Also the toilet kept blocking up.

There is no blanket on the bed, just a bed sheet and a flat sheet, which is fine as it is tropics, but at night without the A/C on it gets incredibly stuffy, so you leave it on, but then you're going to need your flat sheet to cover yourself from the chill. First night, the flat sheet on our queen size bed was for a single sized bed. Second night, there was a hole in the middle of the now queen sized flat sheet and an odd gray stain on the bed sheet.. Third night, there was a slight frayed bit, but apart from that it was alright. Fourth night there was a strange yellow stain in the middle of the bed sheet and several yellow stain on the flat sheet near the edge of the bed. I think you get the point, but I was there for a full seven days and nights. The rooms have very little privacy and because they are so small and stuffy, especially after going out all day as the A/C will stop once you take the key out, most people leave their doors open while the A/C starts up. You see a lot of things, so it might be best to keep your eyes on the floor in front of you. Another thing is the sound travels really well in the halls and the walls and the door are paper thin. My tip, switch on the TV and leave it on CNN or something where someone is always talking.

Facilities wise, it's really close to the bars and to the shopping mall. Literally around the corner, and a short walk to the beach. They had one of the most amazing gyms I've seen in a hotel. I could have sworn half the men staying there were there for the gym. The pool was really nice. Very big and looks out onto Mario's pizza restaurant too.

Seems that the work environment is very casual and laid back and while the male staff were all quite friendly, the girls at reception barely smiled at us the first two days we were there. By the third, they had warmed up a bit more, but seemed more interested in doing each others hair and makeup (I saw one girl pose and she got one of the other girls to take the photo for her. I was waiting to hand them my room key). Housekeeping staff were quite nice, in the mornings, when we left our room and walked by, they would say hi and ask which room we were in and if we needed anything.

Of all the staff we met, Goong, the tour desk lady, was by far the most helpful and friendly. She was amazing at booking our tours and helping us find things to do as well as providing us with helpful information on where to find what we were looking for.

So thought the place was decent, I wouldn't recommend bringing kids here. This is more an "adults only" place. The lack of privacy means that more likely than not, you'll end up seeing something you didn't need to see. If possible, get a deluxe better rooms. The standard rooms are really not much to be desired. We snuck a peak at the deluxe room while they were doing the housekeeping to see if it was worth that extra 500BHT and it most definitely is.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Stayed in standard rooms,really nice and comfortable. The spa was so relaxing. Great pool area. Staff very friendly always polite and good fun. The menu was fabulous never had a bad meal. Paul the owner was very hospitable. Will be back again and in Superior Rooms next time.

Reviewed 21 March 2010

We arrived at Patong Beach 7th March,the Yorkshire Inn had organised a transfer for us.
I was travelling with my two good friends Clare and Bree, we live in Cairns Australia and all work together for the same company. This would be my 6th trip to Thailand in 13 months, but the girls had never been to Thailand before.
We found the Yorkshire Inn on the net and found there site to be really informative and so we booked and found the Hotels response was always very quick, (I hate when people take a long time to reply)
So before we even arrived we felt very confident we had made the right choice.
Ok, now back to the airport pick up, as soon as we walked outside a nice smiling man with our name on a card greeted us, his name was "Ping Pong" ha ha its true, anyway he was such a nice guy, like peole say "first impressions count", and they do.
So about 1 hour later we arrive at the Yorkshire to be greeted by the owner himself Paul,
we had a few questions and although he was busy he took the time to help us.
Now off to one of my favourite places at the Yorkshire, lol, the reception desk!!! ha ha , heres why: The girls working there are so friendly, so helpful and sweet and, they are so beautiful, and very professional at there work.
Now we are taken to our rooms and although we had taken the cheapest rooms available we found them to be very clean and comfortable, the cleaning staff at the hotel are also very professional and so friendly and polite, I enjoyed talking with all the staff so much.
There is a well equiped gym there but I am not into that, but the pool is fantastic, just the perfect place to chill out at in the afternoon. The pool has its own kichen and menue, I ate there everyday and found the food to be great, just the way I like it.
The pool area is quite large and has everything you need including a large area for smokers, but also for non smokers. The bar staff there make great cocktales and always have a smile for you.
There is also a steam room and sauna if you like that.
The main bar and reasterant at the main entrance has the best food I have found in Thailand, its the first time I have had a good steak in Thailand, every meal I odered there was exactly what I asked for, I didn't get a chance to thank the chef"s, so I hope they read this.
I would never think of staying anywhere else in Phuket, the Yorkshire Inn was fantastic in everyway, a real pleasure.
Now I am planning to go back as soon as I can.
Chan Chob Thailand,
Paul Akister,
Cairns, Australia.

Reviewed 19 March 2010

There is nothing wrong with this hotel.

The Good
1) Decent rates. Phuket is expensive, but this hotel has decent rates.
2) Nightlife. This hotel is very very close to all of the night life clubs and partying.
3) Beach. This hotel is not far from the beach.
4) Pool. The pool is nice.
5) Resturant on site with reasonably priced food.
6) Mini bar in room
7) Good place for old men looking to be close to the bar seen.

Bad.
1) The hotel has a lot of noise from outside
2) The hotel is nothing spectular. It is only a good place to stay if you dont plan on spening much time in your room.
3) There were a few flies in my room.
4) The bath room doesnt have a seperate shower. There is a shower head on the wall with no curtain or seperation at all so the water gets all of the floor and toliet.
5) Phuket is not a nice city. The beach are not good. It is used mostly for partying and looking for a good time.
6) I saw a lot of older gentlemen staying there.

If you want great beaches in southern Thialand Phuket is not city for you.

This hotel is good because it is cheap and allows you to enjoy the nightlife, but dont expect luxurious accommodations. I definately would not suggest for couples, familiies or a group of girlfriends.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Nice hotel. Rooms are small and basic with little room, but are clean. The staff are friendly and there are nice cheap options on the menu.
The owner is usually about and is veryly and helpful. Also there is a tourism office in the hotel where trips and bus trips can be purchased from.
This place is a 10 min walk to the beach however you can use the gym and pool of the hotel next door which is very nice and has a very nice restaurant. Also has a very nice sauna.
The main nightlife strip is only 5 mins away but the street the hotel is on is fairly quiet. Also Leks Irish Bar is a nice little place across the road road by an Irish man from Cork.
Nice hotel but basic in a very good location.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple