“Not as good as you might think”

Palmview Resort Patong Beach
Ranked #61 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very average hotel and I go to Patong every year. I booked here on the advice of Trip Advisor and after seeing the place I thought the staff must be writing the reviews. We stayed for one night and couldn't get out of the place quick enough. The air conditioning was poor, the TV did not work but it was the biggest fridge I ever seen in a hotel in Patong! Do yourself a favour, stay at RCB Hotel, same price and right next to Jungceylon and Bangla Road, great location. Did I mention they charged us 1,200Baht for a blood stain we left on the sheets, I could but an entire sheet set for that here in Australia! The pickup from the airport was very good, the driver had to wait 2 hours for our late flight and was a very nice man and did not complain. Let's be honest, its a low budget hotel but you can easily do better. You tell a Taxi or Tuk Tuk driver "Palmview Resort" and he has no idea where to go or what your talking about. After leaving Palmview the very next day we stayed at Deevana and it was sensational. About 2 and half time the cost of Palmview but if you want a low price hotel you cannot go past RCB for location, price or quality. And by the way, we had the same unfortunate blood on sheets incident at RCB last year and got charged 300Baht, a far more reasonable price.

Room Tip: There are far better budget hotels in Patong than this one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marty C

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

If you don't mind walking 10-15 mins from patong beach then this is a very good place to stay.

The staff/owner (Ms.Pency) is very accommodating and very helpful on what to do here, where to go and how to go there!

The food is freshly prepared and is very reasonable.

Sawadee krab!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I arrived at Phuket 12:00 night during the curfew time and had booked the pick-up service of this hotel at agreed price B1000. Everything smooth. The front desk staff gave me keys straight away, leaving the formal check-in procedure on the next day.

Room very clean, spacious, bed comfy, toilet room functional with no curtains separating the toilet and shower areas. You have to bring your teeth brush and paste. Air con ok. Fridge large. TV has some choices and I like watching the Thai actor and actress playing dramas. I had the deluxe room on the highest floor, views good. In my opinion, this kind of room is better than the superior room which is more expensive and more importantly noisier I suppose (there are sound proof doors at balcony though). Deluxe room is facing the pool and a bit set back from the main street Nanai Street. Streets/roads in Patong are always noisy because of the motor bikes.

For the location, 8 mins' walk to Banzaan Fresh Market where I ate seafood alone crazily nearly everyday. I ate 1 whole lobster + 1 tiger prawn as my brunch at B1500 including cooking charge on 1/F, HEAVEN :=}...... This market is just opposite to the far end of Junceylon Mall where I did the facial treatment (B499 for 1 hour) everyday at Tanaka Toyko. 15-20 mins walk to Patong beach from the hotel.

Staff friendly and helpful, though not all understand English. No problem at all. I booked the Siam Niramit show via this hotel and the staff gave me a discount.

In all, this hotel is great value for money. But for me personally, it's not close enough to the beach or Junceylon Mall, especially after a whole day walk I am exhausted and wish to reach my hotel within a few mins only.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is cheaper and quieter as it has pool view and sets back from main street (every room ha...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MissHK2009
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staff are lovely, room was clean and very large, resturant downstairs was great and very well priced. The beach is only about 15 mins away.
This place is great value and great to stay in, will be back for sure when we visit again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Palmview Resort in May for 9 nights as I was traveling to Patong for a wedding. I originally chose the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews as I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel but with good reviews.
I am so glad I chose here to stay. Ok first up it isn't a 5 star hotel and I don't think it should be compared to one or reviewed based on the facilities of one.
The hotel is located a little away from the hub of the action but enough to easily access the bars, shopping and beach but enough away to escape the madness.
The rooms are great, spacious, spotless, great air con system and I had a lovely balcony with view of the pool. The pool area is nice too and also is nice and quiet.
What makes this hotel stand out is the staff. They are fantastic!!! The owner Ms. Poo is beautiful. Shes so friendly and nothing is a big job or inconvenience. The other front of house lady (Pentzy) is also great as well as all the room service ladies and the restaurant staff. As you can see by my other reviews, I have stayed in many hotels and I can honestly say, this was the best I have stayed in for customer service. They do a great job and are always smiling.
As I said earlier you can not base a review on a hotel thinking 5 star standard when you are paying $30AU a night to stay. If you want somebody in your room dancing around you with a fan and peeling grapes for you then pay the $300AU a night. If you want a clean, spacious room, lovely pool area, safe hotel and super friendly staff then stay at the Palmview Resort.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel but are looking for great value and lovely staff. D...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed in pamview resort in patong ,,,great value accomdation,helpful and friendly staff ..its just 10 mins wAlk from the beach n happening bangla road ...miss poo n the staff makes ur stay worth a while n ofcourse u get impeccable scarmble egg with cheese....being located at nanai road...we had easy access to resturants ,tour trips,shops and taxis ...we like to thank palm view staff for making our stay to comfortable and memorable .....we will you u soon again...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Farzaad
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at the Palmview Resort 4 times now in Patong and for value for money and fantastic, friendly service you just can't beat it. It may be rated 3.5 stars but you get 5 star facilities and treatment. Poo and Pensi are 2 of the nicest ladies you will ever meet and nothing is too hard for them to help you enjoy your stay. I wouldn't stay anywhere else and having a fantastic restaurant downstairs is a bonus. It is now my second home!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo