“Nice place to stay in Patong”

Palmview Resort Patong Beach
Ranked #57 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Palmview Patong Beach is a clean decently priced hotel. When you book the reservation I would suggest having the hotel pick you up at the airport in Phuket for 600 Baht. It's about a 45 minute drive from the airport to Patong. The hotel's staff is very nice and will give you good advice on places to go on the island, even if you ask them 100 questions per day. The hotel is nice, clean rooms and has a swimming pool. It is about a 15 minute walk to the beach or 5 minute ride by tuk, tuk. I would also recommend renting a motorbike through the hotel at a charge of 250-350 Baht per day. One ride on the tuk, tuk is 200 Baht and can add up. By renting a motorbike you can drive around the island at your leisure, or drive to Karon/ Kata beach which is very nice. If I came back to Patong I would stay at the Palmview again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lanikai_808

Reviewed 21 February 2011

I've stayed here twice now and will be returning again in June 2011. The rooms are very clean, air conditioned, hot shower, cable TV and mini-bar, all of which overlook the pool. The location is great. Nanai road sits about 10-15 mins walk from the beach or 30-40baht on a motorbike taxi. It's away from the really busy main area of Patong, but close enough to walk and allows you to experience the back streets which are laden with markets, shops, bars and street food.

The staff here are very friendly and every time I visit I'm welcomed like a friend. The service is als very good and the staff friendly and helpful. Last time I stayed they organised all my day trips for me and I even had lunch with them in the recetion area.. Downstairs there is a cafe "Daughter" where you can get a good mix of western and Thai food. Staff and service here is also very good.

I originally found this place whilst back-packing but have returned on holiday since then. It's not 5-star, but it's very clean, friendly and great value for money. Personally for me a plush 5-star hotel is a waste of money as really all you do is sleep there and maybe have a swim in the pool. I prefer to eat out and spend most of my day exploring so to spend $100-200 per night on a 5-star is pointless. Here you get a clean room with sheets changed every day, air con a pool etc etc all for $30-50 per night.. All that money saved can be spent on enjoying Thailand, shopping and exploring... It's a no brainer! - I'd recommend Paln View for singles or couples who aren't too fussed about all the trimmings. If what I've said above makes sense then it's the place for you. If it doesn't or you're a family, then maybe not but I only have good things to say about this place!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank MarcoLearmont
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I have to start off by saying the service of the staff is really great, they are all very pleasant and always wearing a smile.
However I am quite upset with the cleanliness of the room. First night there I realized there are many ants in the room, after I informed the staff the next morning, they cleaned up my room and when I thought the problem is resolved, there are again many ants in the night and it is really unpleasant.
Also, we asked the staff for help to help us make a reservation, and she gladly help us which we thought it was really nice of her. However when we are settling our bill, we realized we are being charged for it. I think it would be nice to inform us beforehand. And it is too long a walk to the beach, took us about 30mins when all the crazy traffic.

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank Angie_Mbbl
Reviewed 3 February 2011

They will arrange to pick you up from the airport and get you safely to the hotel at a competitive rate. The rooms are absolutely spotless and the location is close enough to the action, but far enough to not be overwhelmed with noise. They rent scooters at a great price so you can get around easily. Blazing fast (free) wifi that is available throughout the hotel. They really care about their guests and try hard to help you in any way they can. I highly recommend this hotel for it's safety, cleanliness, service, and price. There are many places to stay in the Patong Beach area... however this is one of the best all around values you will find. Andy :-)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Very friendly staff!
Very nice pool and quiet location, and not so far from beach!
Room is clean and lovely!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I booked into the Palm View based on trip advisor reviews for a couple of nights, but made the mistake of also booking into a larger resort that I'd been to before, before I got to Thailand. I thought the larger resort might have more people and I could meet more people (being a solo traveller), because that was my experience the last time.

After a handful of hours at Palm View, I wished I hadn't booked into the other resort. From the moment the staff cheerfully lugged my heavy bags up the stairs to my room, and when I saw my room, I was totally charmed. The rattan furniture, balconies, cute pool, water fountains burbling away, very comfortable beds, great pillows, huge fridge, 3 or 4 English channels (including movie channel, BBC, and Nat Geo) on and on...

For half the price or less than the other placeI tried to get back to Palm View a.s.a.p. but unfortunately had paid already the other place and they wouldn't let me cancel. So I waited it out at the other place and stopped by Palm View to visit with the staff, which I'd made friends with. They could see I was a bit lonely and told me to come by anytime - a nice thing for a gal who can't take the companionship of the 'other' nightlife in Thailand, if you catch my drift.

Another thing I loved was the lobby - a storey above the street, with rattan furniture you can bring your cup of tea down and read a book in the company of the girls (love Ning, what a sweetie!), watching life go by down below. I also ordered a gang garee kai (chicken yellow curry) from the restaurant below and they brought it up to the pool for me. There are books to borrow, etc.

The only downfall, I suppose, is it's location - Soi Nanai, the back of Patong. A longish walk to the beach (there's a shortcut through to Jung Ceylon) - best to have a scooter.

If I go back to Patong, I will absolutely stay here, and no-where else. Thanks to the gals, who spent time trying to understand what I did for a living (bless!), and the manager who immediately cut down some aloe vera to dress my bad jellyfish stings on my arm (it really helped!).

See you again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank travel_anyway
Reviewed 10 December 2010

My daughter stayed in this hotel with her 2 friend. I booked the place based on the TripAdvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. Everything was just great, starting with the initial communications, booking, etc. I wanted to pay in advance, so the girls didn't have to carry too much cash, the hotel was accommodating. Their responses were prompt and helpful.
My came back home and she is raving about how nice their stay was - exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, who helped organizing excursions (saving money with that too), generally looked after the girls and on the departure even gave them some presents!
The hotel is nice, clean, has a swimming pool that the girls used several times a day, great location for food, etc.
So overall, a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends