“Good but not quite” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #155 of 316 Hotels in Patong
Constanta, Romania
“Good but not quite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

First of all I have to mention that in order to get some sleep in this hotel you need ear-plugs AND I'M NOT KIDDING! The hotel is very well placed, very close to the beach and also to the night life! The problem is that is the back of the large DISCO CLUB and until 06 am...no chance geeting some decent sleep. If you are planing to party all night anyway, than here is the place to stay! The hotel by itself is quite nice, nice garden, pool, restaurant, room is big enough and the breakfast is great.

Room Tip: go for the garden view!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

After having 6 rooms at another hotel to celebrate my 40th birthday, I was forced to move due to no hot water for 5 days on my actual birthday. I had a terrible chest infection (caused no doubt by freezing cold showers). I checked in at the Safari Beach and the staff were lovely. After having the bell boy take our bags to the room, my husband and I asked to see a couple of the other rooms for and upgrade (which we were happy to pay for). The kind staff showed us around but given we were not in our room that much (and we had a HOT shower) we decided to stay in our garden room.

After two nights, we asked to be moved to another room as the noise of Bangala Road was thumping until 6am. (Certainly NOT the hotels fault. The sailors were in town and the disco's were breaking the sound barrier!). The kind reception lady moved us to an upgraded room across the road (at no charge). How truly wonderful are these people. The bell boy carried our bags over to the new room. They were lovely.

Everyone from the reception staff, bell boy, restaurant staff at breakfast and the Savoey restaurant were just delightful. Lovely pool and service that you just cannot fault. The hotel is made so much better with the lovely lovely staff at the Safari Beach.

Believe it or not the previous hotel had the audacity to phone me at the Safari Beach and ask me to remove my review about their poor hot water and service! You must be kidding me!!!
My review was not rude, nor was it untruthful so it stays.

So thank you to the lovely people at Safari Beach. You made my 40th birthday so much better with wonderful service, a clean room and a lovely hot shower!

Would I stay again?
Absolutely!

Room Tip: Try to keep away from the ones that back onto Bangala. The staff know which ones these are :)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Zahras
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We planned to spend there for 7 nights. It is just beside the Bangla road and opposite to the main beach. All the things you need in Phuket to make your trip pleasure are very close from the hotel. The hotel room service was mind-blowing. Before going there I found some review like as it is in very crowed place so that some times it was so tough to sleep at night. But honestly speaking we did not face any situation like that. Regarding breakfast it was moderate. We preferred American breakfast rather than trying some thing new.

I will suggest that the hotel is perfect for any holiday tour or family tour. But I think it will not a perfect place for honeymoon

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Farhana_H_89
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

Yes....the hotel is noisy due to its proximity to Bangla Road. Even the street cleaners fire up a boom-box at 6am while they work! God Bless Em! Ha Ha! If you are a 'precious' sleeper then maybe this hotel is not for you. I stayed in a 'deluxe' room (Room 223) which was the furthermost away and whilst it was not 'deadly' quiet ........ I slept very well. (Maybe with the help of copious amounts of beer).

My room was more than adequate with large room, more than adequate bathroom and also balcony. Water pressure is 'just' and the air con is fine. At around $AUD55/night it was very good value for money. The staff here are non-intrusive and really just let you 'do your thing'. The house maids are very sympathetic to 'party people' and do not even attempt to come near your room normally till after 12. The rooms are kept very clean and the pool area and gardens make for a pleasant environment. The breakfast is VERY basic ..... but good enough to start the day with.

Would I stay here again? YES ........ though that being said, having now experienced Bangla Rd my next trip will be focusing more on a 'peaceful' little beach holiday ...which really Patong itself is not.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and upgrade from the standard room. Ask for south side room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DarwinDave
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

This hotel is your stock standard hotel and is quite good value for money. Although if you are a light sleeper I would not suggest you stay here. You are very close to Bangla Road and there is constant music playing early into the morning. Although I found it just dull mix of the bass and was able to sleep fine - my 2 friends travelling with me really struggled with it.
We had problems with our A/C and also toilet but staff are more than happy to help and tried to fix immediately. AC wasn't able to be fixed so we were moved into a bigger and much nicer room.
So if all comes down to what you want. This hotel is fine if you want something that doesn't break the bank and is close to beach and Bangla Road and has a nice pool. Just remember the ear plugs!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Hotel rooms are well presented and clean and staff are great. Breakfast is more than adequate and the adjoining restaurant serve lovely and varied meals. The pool area is well maintained and abuts the rooms and restaurant and we found it virtually free for our use alone. The location is so close to Bang La Road you find yourself there in under one minute, the down side to that is the constant noise from the clubs there that is relentless until 4am. The place would be better suited to young crowd who are up until the music stops, otherwise, plan on a lot of broken sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kdcvic
Ko Lanta, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

every time i visit Patong (2-4 times/yr last 4 yrs) i visit at Safari Beach Hotel, especially to dine in their Savoey Restaurant; also many of my friends have stayed in Safari Beach Hotel...
their comments echo my thoughts; great location, rooms ok, some inconsistencies,
many rooms experience undue, relentless all-night noise from Bangla Rd
-so actually the Hotel's location is both blessing & curse-
but the restaurant, Savoey- is by far my fave spot on the "Beach Rd" in Patong-
fresh (live lobster, etc) seafood catch of the day cooked, deliciously, as you like it,
huge Andaman Sea Oysters, creative, exotic cocktails, attentive but not obsequious service
the Mgr Supit will advise you as to the best options & ensure an impeccable dining experience
beautiful dark wood garden/pool setting, also great people watching at front sidewalk bar
not cheap, but good value for the freshness & quality of ingredients & preparation...

Room Tip: many are exposed to all-night noise from Bangla Rd; (especially to the right and back) ironically, m...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends