“Needs Refurbishment or Upgrade”
Review of Safari Beach Hotel

Safari Beach Hotel
Ranked #167 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Visited along with some friends as we were having a golfing week-end playing nearby courses. The location is excellent as it is just across the road from the main beach with easy access for local transport and shops. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help, upon arrival I noticed that the safe in my room was not working and it was fixed within five minutes and this involved replacing the door of the safe. Likewise with the restaurant attached to the hotel, although the service was somewhat slower the food and the choice available was very good. The problems with the hotel are; it is now beginning to show its age and would benefit from an upgrade or refurbishment plus it is located very close to a local disco and the noise which starts around midnight and goes through until 6:30/7:00 am next morning every Friday/ Saturday and Sunday night is guaranteed to keep you awake.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor as the vegetation on the ground floor attracts mosquitos.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I write this review at 4am from my room at safari beach 219 for those who wonder! Anyway the reason I write this is to say avoid this hotel at all costs!

Patong I understood was a tranquil tourist trap by day with beautiful views a lovely beach and plenty of activity available for tourists which it is, and by night a mecca of nightlife again which it is, only issue with this hotel is that at 4am I still can't sleep as the noise from bangla road is unbearable.

To put this in to context I have been on 20+ lads holidays and I have stopped in the hotel above bananas nightclub in magaluf and every hotel on these lads doos seem like tranquil paradises in comparison to the noise that is bellowing through the building from bangla road!

The location is perfect if you plan to stop out until 7am in these pubs, or if you are lucky enough to get the company of these delightfully friendly local girls as you can bring them in to the dated and in need of a renovation hotel!

In the plus column the night staff are friendly, I called the booking agent from reception to cancel my next 2 nights here and they did this for me and were apologetic and I explained that tomorrow I will not be paying the £65 or so they will be wanting and he agreed and actually wrote an email to the local administration to complain.

So to summarise, I have just come from bangkok and siam square which is the heart of the current political protests and that seems like a paradise sleeping in my own filth in a concrete jungle compared to not sleeping currently in what feels like a torture chamber

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is among the best located hotels in town...hardly 50 meters from the beach-end of Bang La Road. We stayed at the beach wing of the hotel, and with direct access to the beach. Guests who have complained about the noise from Bang La appear to have stayed at the main wing. My romm no. was 525, with friends in 523 & 526.

Breakfast is continental (they have their own bakery in the beach wing) and superb. Spotlessly clean. Courteous & efficient staff. And, unlimited free bottled water. Other hotels give only 2 bottles a day.

Room Tip: Do go for the rooms in the beach wing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank shekh2009
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was the last hotel I booked from home, and the most expensive (subjectively). I had only one night there, but I think I would need at least three to fully explore the features of this hotel. I will tell you the good things I experienced in this hotel during my short stay. There were no bad.
Firstly, I arrived fairly late in the evening from Khao Lak. The Safari Beach is easy to find, being one block north of the Bangla - Beach Road intersection. Even so, my amateur taxi drivers managed to miss it on the way in, and we had to circle the block once to find it. This is 12:30am, Patong Beach so those of you who've been to Patong can imagine how long this took. I had had a bit of a hectic travel day, and I quite keyed up and slightly jumpy when I arrived. Being greeted by the night manager immediately changed my mood, mind and attitude. He was so quiet and serenely happy I knew I would rest easily here. The walk to my room took us first through the garden and past the pool. The garden is very beautiful, with rocks and Buddhist carvings scattered about. My room was on the second floor, almost to the end of the hallway.
About the room. The first thing I noticed was that it was smallish compared to the cheaper hotels I stayed at in Patong. I'm not complaining, and I wasn't disappointed because the second thing I noticed was the large balcony overlooking the garden. All of the hotels I stayed at in Phuket were non-smoking, so I finally had a relaxing place to smoke without having to leave my room. Oh Joy! The room was standard Thai. Immaculate with a beautifully made up bed. The bathroom was also small, but with usual necessities included. My mini bar featured free instant coffee and a fast water heater. Besides a great nights sleep, I only had a couple of conscious hours here but they were fully relaxing. Despite being so close to the action, this place is QUIET.
The hotel is attached to restaurant Savoey, and I'm sure all the meals here are wonderful but I only got to sample the breakfast buffet. Simply stated it's mostly European/American breakfast food. All done quite well, and all you can eat. What caught my eye was the freshly sliced, still warm bread.
I was very sorry to leave this place at check out time, but I had to hang around until 4 anyway for my mini-bus, and I relaxed a bit by the pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank marko5039
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed here before but my last room, nr 223 needed big overhaul.No clasp in bathroom to hang up towel or bathrobe. No comfortable chair to sit on or read a book. Looking at TV only from the bed. The balcony was badly damaged with a rotten railing. Planks and railings are missing and broken off, nails are sticking out. I asked the manager, Mr. Samonte to have a look, which he did and he told me that he had no idea that the situation was that bad. This means that rooms are not inspected by the management. Furniture on balcony is obsolete, dirty and greasy.Various lamp bulbs not working whem I arrived. No stand to put a suitcase on, so I had to put it on the floor. The view from the room was like looking at a rubbish dump. Maintenance and renovation is far overdue.

Room Tip: Inspect room before you take it. In several rooms you can hear the music from Bangla road untill 6 a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank hermansworld
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the room and it's luxury!! The restaurant in front is very good and tasty fresh food and seafood with excellent chefs. The breakfasr is included and good too. The price is a bit high for the room but it is very well located.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sebastien R
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed in the Safari Beach Hotel in August 2013. Hotel isn't bad and is very near to Bangla Road. So all the reviews you see about music, this is why. The hotel wasn't bad, but pretty dated. The main complaint I had was the shower. I don't know if it was just my room, but there was no warm water. It was either cold, or scalding hot and it would go between the two without touching the water knobs. Staff was really friendly and nice. English speaking wasn't a problem and is in a great location if you are wanting to hit up Bangla every night or don't mind hearing the music until early hours. It didn't bother me or keep me up. Restaurant was good as well

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo