“Value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #164 of 316 Hotels in Patong
Chennai (Madras), India
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

A large hotel located close to the beach and bangla road for night life. Price is resonable and even though we had been informed that check in is usually 2.00pm we were given room on arrival at 12 pm. Buffet break fast spread is ok. Nice swimming pool with bar. Reception guys were good and polite.

Room Tip: Over looking pool.
1 Thank yesarar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Very pleasant room - clean and well appointed. Balcony overlooking pool.
Gorgeous pool area. Breakfast very ample- varied dishes. Hotel retaurant serves a variety of tasty and reasonably priced meals. Swim up bar is a nice bonus.
Helpful front desk.
Hotel has great location- easy walking distance to all places of interest.
Can be quite lively- depending on season- we were there for Thai New Year. Great fun- water is thrown at anyone in the street- so go prepared!
Very reasonably priced for what you get. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel can be quite noisy as bands tend to set up and play there for ari...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

We arrived at the hotel at 12 hrs, but were not allowed to check in till 1400 Hrs. It wasted a lot of our time. Rooms are decent but had very dim lighting system. Decent pool and the pool bar. It is a decent budget hotel, at walking distance from the beach and Bangla road.

3 Thank Garima K
Kalimantan, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We checked in on 3 - 6 February 2012 with about 13 of us (6 rooms). We arrived about 3pm but our room were not ready. We had to wait about almost 30 minutes to get our room done. The moment we were allowed to get into our rooms, we found out that some of our rooms were still dirty & got weird smell. The only thing that we like the most, the buffet breakfast spread was good.

Don't think will recommend this hotel to any of my friends. But, if you are looking for a convenience place to stay, this is the place. Walking distance to Hard Rock, 24-hour convenience store, night street market, Jungceylon, Bangla Road and Patong Beach.

Room Tip: Don't trust what you see in the website. The pictures in the website were captured when the hote...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 1266
melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed a total of 12 nights at Baumanburi Hotel
6 guests & 4 rooms.
Rooms 1310, 1408,1409 & 1410.

We arrived at 11am, check in was at 2pm but they were fast and efficient in fixing our rooms.
On first expectations the rooms are large and clean however the longer we stayed the more and more we realized the lack of attention to detail within the entire hotel.

The cons:

- The pool had sharp edges which were painful to step on.

- we used the pool for almost a week with no problems, however after one week we were approached by an arrogant looking manager who told us we were not to swim in the pool with our tshirts on and it was not good for the pool and that it was offensive to the other guests in the hotel and we had to get out immediately unless we took our tshirts off. Ridiculous. In all the hotels ive stayed at i have never been told we cant swim with our tshirts on. Through out the rest of the trip whenever we saw this manager he was frequently telling all the staff off and giving them a hard time. Not once did I ever see him smile, he had a constant sour look on his face.

- The rooms although cleaned every day were never swept properly and if I walked barefoot I had dirt all over my feet, every night before we went to bed I had to wash my feet because they were filthy. Also we left a little pile of change on the bench (less than $5aud) and when we came back from our tours it was taken. I'm not concerned about the monetary value just the fact that it was taken. I asked My friends if the same had happened to them and stated their change had also been taken... Now if it was just a coincidence or they staff thought it was a tip or not I'm not sure.

- for the first 3 days we had NO hot water IN ALL 4 ROOMS!! We called the reception and they stated it would be fixed within a few hours. It took 3 days!! Than when it was finally fixed, when you first turned the water on it was BLAZING hot even in the cold position! My tap in my bathroom was constantly leaking the entire time we were there and house keeping knew it was leaking because I Made a point of leaving my soap in the sink every morning and when I got back the soap was removed but the tap still leaking. My friends had to move rooms because their toilet was blocked and over flowed. My other friends toilet had to be fixed as it was leaking water.

- room 1310 had a distinct smell of mould coming from the airconditioning

- our rooms were directly across the road from the hard rock hotel so from about 5pm til 11pm they were blasting out horrendous renditions of popular songs. It was terrible! Most nights we made an effort to ensure we went out so we didn't have to hear it.

- included in our total room rate ($45 aud) was breakfast. Total waste of money. Totally over priced and not worth it. I understand we were in Thailand but the only thing edible was the toast and eggs everything else was terrible. Totally don't recommend it at all. There were curries, and soups galor but they weren't the best tasting either. There's no American style food for westerners, and every day it was the same food. We only ate there 3 times out of our 12 days.

- of the 6 of us, 5 of us got sick (excluding myself) from eating food from room service, I only ordered banana splits and pad Thai, however my friends ordered a wide variety of food from the menu and every morning after wards were violently ill. We had to call a doctor to see my friend because she vomiting so violently for 2 days. So best not to eat there.

- on the last 4 days we were awoken at 9am by drilling, which was really annoying especially when you just want to relax on the last few days of the trip.

- wifi was NOT free. You had to pay 100 baht for one hour -__- and becomes quiet expensive when you need to use the Internet frequently.

The pros:

- over all the customer service was great, the bar staff and staff at the front of the hotel assisting you with luggage and taxis were great, they were always saying hello and making a point to go out of their way to get us what ever we needed. although they did have trouble with English we could understand a majority of what was being said.

- Location: the hotel was 5 mins walk from patong beach, and a 5 minute tuk tuk ride from bangla road and jungceylon shopping centre. There is a market directly next to the hotel and up and along the main road.

Overal: my partner and I would have rather stayed at the mercure hotel next door however because my friends wanted the cheapest hotel with a good location this is what we got. I don't think I would every stay at this hotel again, but if you're cheap and easily pleased than its just ok...

1 Thank mzfinah

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

We booked through Ezystays. 10 days before we flew out, Ezystays said they could not longer give us our room at the Baumanburi as they had had many complaints about this hotel. Ezystays tried to put us in a smaller hotel 15 minutes out of Patong. We were furious. Ezystays said that they would refund our money but we are still waiting. Since being here we have spoken to several other couples in the same situation. STAY AWAY from Ezystays. Other people were told the sewerage was overflowing and not able operate. This was simply not true.
We rebooked the Baumanburi through Sawadee and upgraded to a pool access room. I highly recommend this. We loved sitting on the balcony watching the kids swim around in the pool. We have a four and seven year old and they loved the pool and the hotel. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with a welcome drink. Staff were exceptionally friendly and always playing with our children. If someone didn't understand our english they were quick to find a staff member who did. Communication was not really a problem. Remember this is Thailand, and not an English speaking country. To expect everyone to speak english is unreasonable. Breakfast was a decent spread. More than enough choice to suit everyone. I can't see what anyone would complain about. Some items are changed daily. No bacon, but I am sure if you request it, they would provide. Nothing was too much for the staff.
Room did have mould in the shower, and a mouldy smell. However so does everyother building in Thailand. Have stayed at the Mecure and this still had mould in the bathroom. The room was more then adequate for our needs as a family of four. We enjoyed this hotel, and would return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a pool access room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Michelle W
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

The staff that sell drinks and food around the pool tried to steal my change and the same happened with every member of my family, 26 people.... It is the same trick every time.. They pretend they forgot...

Room Tip: Check your change or the pool boys will rip you off
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family