“Girls trip to Phuket”

Ranked #174 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, United Kingdom
“Girls trip to Phuket”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Absolutely brilliant. In particular, John at reception, Mr Bung in concierge and JJ Awis in the pool bar. A brilliant trio, excellence in customer service, they couldn't have done enough for us. We arrived at 12 midnight and our booking had not gone through, not only did they offer the same competitive rate but upgraded us to a triple deluxe room. Total value for money.
The hotel is in a fantastic location, across the road from Hooters and the Hard Rock Cafe, 500 metres walk from the beach and right next door to the shopping markets. Brilliant can't wait to go back to Baumanburi, my home away from home. There is also a pharmacy and laundry right next door, very handy!!!!! 45 mins from the airport too , fantastic . Despite being the wet season.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool, all great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rachel L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked online and just hoped for the best. After reading some of the reviews we were a bit worried but took the chance with a good price. The room, Deluxe was not ready when we arrived so at no hesitation the staff upgraded us to Grande deluxe, free, and we could go to our room 10.30am. Great service, we stayed for 7 days and did have electricity go off for one day but that is apparently normal in Patong. We were out most of the day anyway. One day a water pipe broke, w had no water but the staff had the problem repaired within 10 hours. Good work. In general the hotel was immaculately clean, room cleaned everyday. Big rooms with pool view and not too far from the Bangla Rd if you don't mind a walk. We loved the place and would go back any time

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe or better ask for main building
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy B
South Africa
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our family group of almost 20 stayed at Baumanburi Hotel Patong in April 2014.

Half the group checked in at the hotel from 20 April to 30 April - and the other half from 25 - 30 April 2014.

During our stay we experienced shutdown of electricity for a whole day, and this occurred over a few days which meant no air conditioning in our rooms. We were also affected with water shut down during our stay, which meant that we could not use the showers, the toilets, or even brush our teeth in the morning. This was not only on one occasion.

We also had problems with our toilet - every time we flushed the toilet, then the water spilled all over wetting the floor and the shower drain was blocked.
I complaint to the front desk manager a few times and they tried to fix it but the problem remained until the day we checked out of the hotel. We already moved once after one night stay as the hotel did not have the right room available for us, only to be moved to a room with bad toilet plumbing problems.

The morning we checked out, we again did not have water. On top of all this, I personally booked transport with two managers at the front desk for our transport to the airport on check out.
The transport was booked for 05:00 (AM = morning) but they booked the transport for 17:00. I verified and double checked with the manager on duty the day before check out in the morning and the evening - and it was confirmed for 05:00AM.

Our group gathered at reception from 4:30AM on the morning of check out, only to be told at 05:00AM after I enquired if the transport is running late, that it's booked for 17:00!

At this point I was fuming. After all the bad service and bad experience at the hotel, they could not even book our hotel transport without a problem. We had a flight from Phuket to Bangkok to catch and the hotel had no transport for our group.

I really hope that the management of Baumanburi will take this review seriously as it has made our stay from what we thought would be a fantastic stay to a very disappointing stay. The hotel is in desperate need for an upgrade.

To this date, I have not received one email of an apology from the management of Baumanburi, which indicates their lack of customer satisfaction and service.

However, I received two emails requesting payment for my stay at Baumanburi which frustrated and upset me even more because firstly they made reference to a different booking number, and secondly, I have proof on my bank account of two debits from my account on the date of check-in.

Overall, the hotel is in a good location and with some upgrading and repairs this could be a great hotel.

Our family group are already planning our next trip to Thailand for March/April 2015 and we would not have thought twice to book again with Baumanburi had it not been for our last experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Travel-Eat-Love-Pray

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

vasad
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. i had booked a superior room. when i arrived, i was given my room keys, n to my shock...it was in a old building and in a terribly bad shape. on request though i was immediately attended and shifted to a far better room..thanks to Mr. John for his wise help. hotel staff is friendly. everything is self service. rooms are clean and tidy and so are the corridors and swimming pool. the clothes stand in the balcony is provided to dry clothes . restaurants offers typical thai and continental breakfast. its good. i being a vegetarian had to inform at the reception on day 1 or there will be nothing rather then bread and butter for vegetarians. i had an early check out, and so they had prepared nice sandwich and juice for a take over. the location of this hotel is supeb. everything is walking distance. beach is just 5 mins. away. pharmacy, seven eleven store, shopping area is all just a minute away. overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: specify new wing of the hotel while booking.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kesh476
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We have stay at Baumanburi twice and we were satisfy both time,
-Very friendly and wanting to help
-rooms are decent
-priced well for what you get
-close enough to everything but not to close to the noise Bangla Rd

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KreKa_09
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I with my husband stayed in the hotel in December 2011, sorry for writing such a late review of the hotel. The place is 10 minutes walking distance from the Patong beach so it was easier for us to approach beach b a short walk. We wanted to avoid spending a lot of money having a hotel in front of the beach so it suited us. As a matter of fact the potang beach has a cemented road in between the hotels and beach so in any way you have to cross the road to reach to the beach and this, in my opinion, makes a lot of difference.

The hotel management is good. we have a deluxe room and it was pretty comfortable, we stay about 4 nights and no issue popped up. the hotel lacks atmosphere although they have a nice pool and in pool bar as well. restaurant is just ok, and they do not have much variety. Breakfast is more limited i must say.

Particularly in the evenings/ nights it gets quiet i think because Bangla road is not that far. 10 minutes drive, via tuk tuk - most convenient and cheap transportation in my opinion. We did walk back to the hotel from Bangla road two or three times it depends on your walking habit. Most people use transportation to get to Bangla road.

There are food areas and restaurants nearby. Cafe Hard rock is almost in front of the hotel.
Overall our stay was good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Baumanburi is Inexpensive, has a wonderful pool area, and the dining is great. Best of all was the service by Alex. Alex guided the Thai cooking class very professionally, was fun, and accommodating providing outstanding service. Meals that I had cooked he allowed me to take to my room as I had far too much. I was able to have these heated when I wanted. Thank you Alex I will return.
Compared to other resorts this is real value for money.

Room Tip: I had a west side room 3307 and was quiet with nice view of pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo