Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Amari.com
US$38
US$32
  • Pool
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$65
US$121
HolidayInn.com
Nap Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$69
Agoda.com
Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$103
Patong Beach Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
  • Breakfast included
US$145
The Charm Resort Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$77
1,686 results
All reviewspool access roombubbles restaurantswim up barbangla roadstayed here for nightsthe general managermain poolacross the roadlate checkkids clubfantastic hotelshopping mallsuperior roomwelcome drinkbuffet breakfastgreat poolfamily mart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband & I stayed at Grand Mercure for 8 nights. The first 4 nights we enjoyed a Superior Room on level 5 with beautiful views of the pool & the remaining 4 nights we upgraded to a Pool Access Room. This was the better room & I would definitely recommend. I've stayed at over 6 hotels in the Patong area & by far the beds at a Grand Mercure are the best, never a restless night. The decor in the rooms are so lovely, everything is so new & fresh. Breakfast was great with enough variety of foods & delicious pastries. I would suggest that adding pancakes to the menu would be nice. The hotel is in a great location with a complimentary shuttle bus that takes you to Junceylon & the beach approx. 4 times a day. ThAnKyOu to Sebastian for the complimentary dinner,, that was very thoughtful of you & we did enjoy our meal. The staff by far complete the hotel. All staff are so friendly & welcoming, going out of there way to say Hello & offer you any help you may need. A special ThAnKyOu to Sumuntha, Wen & the lovely man who assisted & gave me great advice about Old Phuket Town ( so sorry I didn't get your name ) you are all an asset to the hotel & you made our stay that little more special. Sumuntha the flowers on our bed was a beautiful gesture & my husband loved the fruit platter. I will be recommending this hotel to all friends that plan a holiday to Phuket !

Room Tip: Pool Access Room 111
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RoseM1974
Sebastien T, General Manager at Grand Mercure Phuket Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Rozana M,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review!
It was indeed a pleasure to have you spending a few days with us and we are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon...
I will pass on your kind regards to Sumontha and Wen as well :)

See you again very soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights The hotel was nice, clean and the room was very comfortable
Swimming pool was also nice...The staff was also very friendly..especially staff at the restaurant was very helpful (not sure for her name K.Chalitda?) Great selection of breakfast.
Location of the hotel was very good which is 5 minutes from Jungcylon and also just only 10 minutes walking to the beach.I will certainly recommend this hotel to my friends and i will go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sramgomut
Sebastien T, General Manager at Grand Mercure Phuket Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Sramgomut,

Many thanks for this very kind review of our property.
It is always a pleasure to note our guest satifaction and i will surely take this opportunity to thank K.Chalida for her professionalism and very friendly service.

Please do let u know if you plan a new trip to the island shortly, we will be happy to assist you with any special arrangement you may need.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had stayed there for 3 nights and as many had mentioned before, the hotel is really new so it's pretty nice that way.. Upon check in, I was asked by the staff for ID. The room was booked under my husband's name who would fly in later, so he had exchanged emails telling the hotel the situation.. I gave the staff my name, my passport and my husband's Accor card for verification, the check in staff insisted to see the email which confirms that booking. I had to turn on my Ipad and wait for the log in to be able to track my email. 5 mins later, I showed her the email, she then looked at her computer screen and replied." Yes, we have all the detail here! Your husband sent us an email with your details already" So why did she still insist to see my email despite I already gave her my passport???

The 2nd night we thought we should have a drink in the hotel lobby bar. We went to ask for some wine and was told by the bar tender that they don't have any red wine. We were really surprised and somewhat amused that there's no red wine in the hotel bar?! So we asked again, " You mean no more this red wine, or no red wine at all?" She then replied" No more red wine anymore." We just found it's kinda ridiculous for a big hotel to be out of wine. So we just ordered some cocktail instead.
Then the 3rd night, we thought to have a drink before we head back to the room, we went to the lobby bar again to ask if they have stocked up the wine today and to our surprise, we were told again there's no red wine at all, it's all sold out...I asked the staff how can a big hotel like them be running out of red wines? It's just simply not reasonable... Then they told us, they don't have any red wine by glass anymore, but by bottle. Then I asked which wine it is, they told us it's the same wine which on the menu says sell by glass and bottle... It just seemed like they don't want to open the wine for us to sell by glass. I asked to talk to manager about this and it turned out that the junior staff need to ask the supervisor to just open a bottle of wine... I found the practice is really confusing and doesn't benefit either their staff nor the guests. I understand for a new establishment, there's always a lot of teething problems, however, I was in hospitality business for more than 15 years, this is the first time I ever encounter that a hotel told me 2 nights in a row that they ran out of the red wines which they didn't actually run out of it... I highly recommend the hotel to change this " have to ask the permission to open a wine" policy, or it will just leads to more disgruntle guests once the hotel is actually fully open.....

Also, the 3 days we stayed there, the breakfast is exactly the same items everyday, not even one single item was changed for 3 days.. We were only there for 3 nights, I wonder for people stay there for a week, they must be scratching their head , wondering what they want to eat by day 3...... May I suggest to change at least one item a day just to have a bit of variety for the guests who stay there...

The service staff in the breakfast cafe are all very friendly , courteous and efficient. Most of the staff in the hotel are nice and smiley. I truly hope the hotel can look into the issues I had mentioned above and see if they can do something about it, Its a very competitive market there and I truly hope they can rectify the issues and good luck with the official launch of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank twchix

Dear Twchix,

Thank so much for your review.
Unfortuntely, I can't appologize enough for the inconvenience caused... It is actually very embarassing especially knowing we are paying great attention to our Food and beverage offer and service has been so far impeccable (or almost).

I am glad we were able to assist you in many other areas, and also appreciate the fact you did share positive comments overall.

I had discussed with the team and it seems it is one of these day where "bacchus" was not looking over our shoulder. I am just back at the property but have already shared my thoughts and asked him to conduct a new training about this specific topic.
I am therefore happy to inform you that from today onwards, we have decided to review our policy when it comes to "unavailable items". Therefore, we will offer the first round of drinks to anyone ordering a drink which is not available from our menu... so to compensate guests accordingly and also keep a close eye on our actual inventory and internal purchase requests.

I am coming from a Food & Beverage backgroun myself and while unfortunate, i am confident this unfortunate episode will actually help us in managing similar issues in future.

Sorry once again and please contact me directly for any additional comment you may feel, would help us providing you with a much better service in future.

sebastien.tronchet@accor.com

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here two weeks ago for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay very much, First impression was really good as the girl that greeted us when we arrived was just so sweet and warm and friendly. She led us to a reception table, sat us down and proceeded with our check-in and offered us drinks and cool towels.The lobby was very elegant and grand.
Then she showed us to our room and the bellboy followed not long after with our bags.
Our room was on the second floor, overlooks the pool. We would have liked the ground floor rooms which open up to the pool, but we were okay where we are. The room was not big but I think it was refurbished recently so everything was new and the decor was very modern. There were slippers and bathrobes, and the safe was very easy to operate. Beds were very comfortable with many pillows and cushions. The only issue was that there were no stands to place our bags on, so our bags were on the floor. Not a big deal but a stand or stool would be useful.
Locationwise we were not too far from the busy Patong area. Right opposite the hotel there were restaurants, shops and bars, and a short walk took us to the beach and the Patong area where we were all three nights.
We had drinks by the pool one evening and the service provided by the guy manning the pool bar was really good. We had vouchers for drinks but missed the times stated which meant we could only get our drinks at the bar upstairs. However this guy got us our drinks from the bar and brought them out to us so that we can lounge by the pool.
Some blocks of this hotel are still undergoing renovations I think. Once completed, I am sure it will draw in the crowds. I for one, will stay here again the next time I am back in Phuket.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank christinechin25

Dear Christinechin25,

Thank you so much for such a detailed and GRAND review of our property.
What a great way to end the day and rest assured i will take this opportunity to thank our entire team on your behalf, especially our young bartender who went out of his way to provide you with those drinks.

I will discuss with our Housekeeper to find out about the luggages stand, as we usually have one per room... so to make sure it gets even better next time you decide on visiting us.

Many thanks once again!!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We (our family of 5) were very impressed with our experience staying at Grand Mecure. The staff went out of their way to provide timely and unobtrusive service. Making bookings for us, helping with new keys, super late check out... All good. Our only surprise was that the rooms, whilst conceptually tastefully inspired, were in some areas finished with a lack of precision. This had little impact upon our time there. We very much appreciated the level of service and food provisioning as the benchmark for our world holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Liam G

Dear Liam G,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.
We are very happy to hear you and your family had a fantastic stay with us and sincerelly look forward to welcoming you back at home.

As you correctly pointed out, some of our rooms are still going through minor deffect corrections and i am glad it did not affect your holidays in any way.
Those will be completed by mid-July hopefully :)

Many thanks once again.