“Excellent Holiday”

Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Ranked #6 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I choose this hotel due to my friend's recommendation, The hotel is very charming, nice room, nice swimming, very good food, excellent friendly staff. All the room are very newly decorate and over looking to swimming. It locates in central of town, where you can find every thing, night market, walking street, and seafood restaurant and there is settle bus to the beach as complimentary. I really enjoy my stay for 5 days, the staff is always helpful with your excursion where you want to do every day. I will be back again for the next summer holiday.

Room Tip: You either could choose the room upper floor or the room with swimming. All room are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chumnith K
Sebastien T, General Manager at Grand Mercure Phuket Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Chumnit,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review!
I am very pleased to note you had a great stay with us and will pass on your kindest regards to our team as well.
Our Location is indeed ideal, a few steps away from the entertainment, yet secluded enough to give everyone a chance to chill and relax.

With Grand regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

new hotel, not open so long yet, still working on the details and more places to stay.
allready perfect to stay . downstairs nice places with private terrace and two chairs at the pool you can jump right into the water ...very friendly staff giving you a warm welcome and willing to try to make this trip for you the best you ever had.
relax do what you want to do and when you want to do it is giving you the freedom you want to have and makes it working for people from all places all over the world to stay in harmony together. The rooms are modern designed ...great clean bathroom with rain shower ...tv with movie channel everything is there ... cleaning staff is friendly and does a great job treat them well as well as the do it for you. Restaurant has food for all types of people good healthy and pleasent to start your day with . Breakfast is until ten but they will not refuse you if you are a little bit late. Beautiful place to stay in the middle of everything you can do around here. close to hooters hardrock and the beach . close to the nightlive area as i said it ...where else would you stay in this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ivodc

Dear Arendonk,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review.
I am pleased you enjoyed every bit of your stay and will complimenta the team on your behalf, for their dedication and very attentive service.

The deluxe Pool access rooms are in-demand and offer a unique retreat inside the resort. Thank you for your kind note about the breakfast and overall food selection and quality.. very much appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your time and for choosing Grand Mercure Phuket Patong!

With grand regards,
Sebastien.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a wonderful place that I was here at Patong Beach, staff at Grand Mercure very friendly and helpful for any information that I would like to know from them, they will suggest you the best place like restaurant and spa with reasonable price, also a organic farm that they were recommended we love it.

thank you for your kind and we will back again here with our gang

Room Tip: every room are good for you
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ichiba S

Dear Ichiba,

Many thanks for this fantastic review of our property.
I'm delighted to note you enjoyed your stay very much and look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The rooms and buffet breakfast were great but we had a few hiccups with the level of service. Despite being out for most of the day, our rooms weren't cleaned or partially cleaned on two consecutive days. It took 15 minutes to check out although there were no other guest ahead of us. Apparently, they needed to visually check the room before finalizing the account. And to top it all, hotel charges for used laundry bag. All this wasn't something we'd expect from a 5 star resort. It's only in operation for a few months so perhaps there will be improvements in the future. As for us, it surely wasn't the Grand Mercure we'd expect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank 1Jeff2014

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for your review and for also taking the time to reply to my separated email afterward. Please note that we have since then conducted 2 distinct training regarding check-out procedures and room-amenities charges and hopefully, things will get much smoother in the future.
I am glad you enjoyed the room deco and the breakfast spread...

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I had a great time at Grand Mercure Phuket Patong. We spent 2 nights in a room that we can ccess to pool,it is fantastic!! Room is nice ,modern and clean, service is excellent and staff are friendly.I highly recommend all travellers to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank patchara85
Sebastien T, General Manager at Grand Mercure Phuket Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear K.Patchara,

Thank you so much for sucha wonderful review of our property.
I am really pleased you liked the Pool and enjoyed great service throughout your stay.

Hopefully, we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights here as a quick weekend getaway. I can highly recommend this for Phuket bound travelers.

The pool access rooms provide you with a pool literally right outside your balcony. This was a nice touch and we thoroughly enjoyed this. It was definitely worth the upgrade. Sort of like having a semi private pool. The common pool is also very nice complete with a swim up bar featuring good happy hour specials.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Living and traveling extensively in Asia I never know if I will find the breakfast selection appealing. We made it a point to get up each morning to enjoy it. And we aren't morning people especially on holidays! It was a pleasant surprise. Plenty of choices to keep both my wife and I very happy. It served as a great start to our day.

We found all staff very polite and helpfull. We were joining another couple who arrived ahead of us who requested on our behalf to put our room near theirs. Well they were able to put us right next to our friends. This was great considering we had the opted for the special pool access rooms. They even went well above and beyond for us on our last day again accomodating a special request we made at the last minute.

Location is very convenient. Dare I say perfect? Close walkable distance to shopping, nightlife and beach. Nothing worse than arriving at a resort and feeling trapped - you wont have that problem here.

I ordered room service on one occasion and the food was good. I had my fill of Thai food by then and the ruben sandwich was just what I needed. Actually one of the best rubens Ive had in Asia.

We had the pleasure of meeting the GM, Sebastien who was very interested to hear how our stay went. We had no complaints but I got the impression he would have been very capable to fix any issues if we had them.

We would definitely choose this property on a future visit to Phuket.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank IFRPilot98

Dear Makati,

Thank you very much not only for choosing our property but also for taking the tim of writing such a lovely review of our property.
Guest satisfaction is on top of our to-do list and i am very pleaed you both enjoyed a superb holiday with us.

I will pass on your regards to our CHef and Food & Beverage team. We have been working on the breakfast for qquite a while now and we are somehow getting there, bringing new dishes and specialties everyday almost.

Thank you for your kind words about the team atitude as well. It makes a whole difference and i am very pleased to be part of such a dedicated team.

Once again, thank you for your superb review!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Recently spent 5 nights at the new Grand Mercure, and I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for an above average option in Phuket.

The rooms are beautifully fitted out, c/w large flat screen TV, a well-stocked mini bar, plenty of wardrobe space, and the bed (king size) was huge, and very difficult to leave each morning! The AC worked well, hot water was plentiful, and the free of charge wifi signal was strong in the room (infact wherever we were within the confines of the hotel (a stronger/faster connection is available for a fee)).

The outdoor center piece of the hotel is a gorgeous pool with a swim up bar and there is also a separate smaller pool for the youngsters. There are plenty of sun loungers and other seating options around for poolside chilling out.

The breakfast buffet was fantastic, providing a great selection for most if not all tastes. Whilst some would say the B450 isn't cheap, the fact is the quality is first rate, and the buffet approach means you can take your time and enjoy various treats.

The only other time we ate at the hotel was room service, and we were both very satisfied with our choices, good quantities and quality/tasty food.

There is a very nice bar in the lobby area, with some wonderful seating options, and a great selection of beers, a very relaxing option if you don't fancy leaving the hotel.

As noted in previous reviews, parts of the hotel remain under completion, which whilst seemingly restricted to finalising rooms at this stage, was undertaken with minimal noise or disruption to guests. The main areas of the hotel are open and functioning, and in the 5 days the works being completed caused us no problems whatsoever. (I gather management are hopeful the hotel will be 100% completed by August).

The hotel is ideally situated, a mere 10 mins walk to the beach, and 15 mins walk from the main nightlife area (surrounding Bangla Road). There are though various eating/drinking options within a 5 mins walk of the hotel (eg. the Hard Rock cafe and Hooters bar), and there is a small market area directly opposite the hotel which includes a few restaurants and a few Thai style drinking bars. There is also a Family Mart (aka a 7/11 type store) less than 5 mins from the hotel.

Whilst such options are all a short (or even shorter!) walk from the hotel, the distance means the hotel is very very peaceful, guaranteeing a great night's sleep.

The staff at the hotel were a huge positive. They were all very polite, and I felt there was genuine warmth. All were very attentive to any needs and/or concerns we had, and yet in a very unobtrusive way, a sure sign of great management.

And I can't speak highly enough of one of the managers (Sebastien) and his assistant (Sumontha) who were very helpful and indeed generous when granting us (and a friend, i.e. 2 rooms) an extremely late check-out.

They had no obligation whatsoever to have helped us to the extent they did, and we remain truly grateful.

Whilst it’s impossible to please everyone all of the time, with such guidance the staff and indeed the hotel won't go far wrong over the coming years.

Room Tip: Paying the extra for a pool access room is well worth it, they are sensational.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Derbal

Dear Derbal,

Thank you very much for such a detail and generous review.
It was a pleasure to have you all around for this short holidays and hopefully we will have the chance of meeting again soon.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed bith breakfast and other meals at the property (room service as well).
I will take this opprtunity to thank our team for their effort and dedication. Review like yours are a fantastic motivator to the team and i thank you once again for it.