“Great location & resort”

The KEE Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Spent one week at the Kee and had a really pleasant and comfortable stay.
Nice big rooms & bathroom with a tub. Big shower. Had a view of Patong Beach which was nice

Location is superb. Close to all the shopping and nightlife as well as the beach. Only downside would be the music at night from Bangla road which was pumping till the early hours of the morning. You get used to it though

Buffet breakfast and staff were great. Very friendly and helpful

Recommend to anyone going to phuket

• Stayed: August 2014
Kee M, Public Relations Manager at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Dear Momed07

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to rank us highly and for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a great stay. We really appreciate your vote of confidence in our Resort and in the team of talent who make everything happen the way it does. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope it won't be too long before we can welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for The KEE Resort & Spa

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Kee resort is large and very well located.
I recommend getting a pool access room. It's just lovely to swim up to your room after breakfast!
It is a very large resort, so it does tend to get pretty busy.

Room Tip: Pool access is nice....
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Javi N

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have visited patong many times and stayed in different resorts. This time around , myself and 8 other friends stayed at The Kee Resort. This is by far the best resort I have stayed at. It is very very central to bangla Road (only a couple of minutes walk gets you to the center of bangla). This being said , You are far away enough not to hear any of the late night music coming from bangla. The beach/shops/markets etc are right at the door step basically as well. The staff are fantastic ! Not only do they welcome you with a warm friendly english speaking staff , the friendliness continues throughout the stay. One of our favorites at the resort was the first class beautifull swimming pool and swim up bar. The bar guys are fantastic - playing music around the bar by the pool is a great way to meet friends and have a great day! - The daily breakfast was beautifull - a great range of foods to choose from. The great thing here is this does not stop until 1030 am ( for those who like a sleep in ) The Room itself was very nice - ( the only down side was if you get a room on the opposite side you are looking into residents back yards ) - but this did not bother any of us at all as we only went on the balcony to have a quick smoke. The pool side rooms looked fantastic. The General Manager of the resort was always seen around the venue who also stopped to personally say hello and ask how the stay was which was welcoming. It was great to get an invite to the Guests Party which is help on top on the resort ( over looking patong and its beach ) . Free drinks and cocktails is always a good thing. All in all it was a great stay and this is where all of our group will stay from now on . Well done The Kee Resort!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool if possible if you are early wakers - If you like to sleep in ask fo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Guy1982

Dear Guy1982

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Decided to stay here for my first trip to Thailand/Phuket as I wanted to stay somewhere nice and right in the middle of all the action.

Check In – While check in was fast and efficient, there was very little dialogue. There was nothing explained about the resort – it was basically “sign here” quickly followed by “this is your room”.

Location – The Kee resort is located right in the heart of the action in Patong. Less than 1 minute stroll to Bangla Road and a 2 minute stroll to land on Patong beach. There’s plenty of stores, restaurants and tailors within easy walking distance. Likewise there’s plenty of tour desks and money exchangers close by.

Staff – The staff at the hotel are mostly pretty good. I have to say that the level of English amongst the staff is not the greatest, but they make an effort. Everywhere you go the staff smile when they see you. The pool attendants are friendly and personable. There were a couple of times I came across staff who, on interaction, I could have classified as rude.

Value for Money – This hotel certainly is at the higher end of the spectrum compared to the myriad of hotels available in Phuket. That being said, the quality of the resort is reflected in the facilities. There is a lovely rooftop area where you can drink/dine and take photos. I’m lead to believe that this is also where the weekly cocktail party takes place. The breakfast was plentiful including a cool automatic pancake making machine that I’ve never seen before.

Pool – The pool is a decent size with a great swim up bar. I noted signs placed up relatively early (about 6pm from memory) saying that the pool is “closed for cleaning”, however on closer inspection, I note that it says between 10pm and maybe 7 or 8am. I’m lead to believe this is common in Phuket.

The Room – I booked a pool view room, and technically it did had a view of the pool, however it was located right at the end of the building, and was mostly obstructed by plants. The room itself was big enough with a great bathroom. The bed was rock solid, there was mould growing on the curtains, and the shower drain blocked up with even the lowest level of water pressure. There wasn’t a great selection of channels on the TV. The air conditioning in my room, no matter what temperature it was set to, always felt the same temperature.

Wi-Fi - Never before have I experienced wi-fi that is so bad. Most of the time, while it would say it was connected, it didn't work (if you could get it to connect at all). When it did finally connect, the speed was so slow, it was quicker to use the 3G connection on my phone.

Overall – I wasn’t wow-ed. In terms of location this place can’t be beaten. Would I return? If I was ever going to return to Phuket I’d possibly stay here again, although with so many other hotels in the area, I could be tempted to try somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RicciBerrie
Kee M, Public Relations Manager at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear RicciBerrie

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing about your stay with the Kee Resort & Spa Patong. We apologize for the delayed response.

I am sorry to hear that our resort was not able to fulfill all of your expectations and I am sorry that you didn't experience the same wonderful time other travelers have written about.

But all of the other constructive criticism you've pointed out we can surely use them to improved and maintain high standard of quality. We appreciate the feedback very much. Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review. We hope that we would get a chance to make it up to you on your next stay in Phuket.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Unbelievable service, staff are so friendly, noting is too much trouble for them! We were given welcome drinks on arrival and they organised a staff member to help us book activities if we needed help planning anything.
It is a fantastic location, so close to everything - about 20 seconds to the beach and 10 seconds to the nearest market stall! Also right at the end of Bangla road, so very close to all the pubs and clubs and also about 5 minutes walk to Jung Ceylon Mall.
I absolutely loved the pool bar and day spa! Happy hour made the cocktails about $3 each!!
I would not hesitate to go back and recommend this hotel to everyone!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a jacuzzi - it's heaven!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amig0101

Dear Amig0101

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Fantastic location especially if you love Bangla Rd and the beach. The Kee owners must be the luckiest people alive to have such wonderful, caring and friendly staff. We loved each and everyone of them. Would highly recommend staying at this wonderful central hotel

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jill B

Dear JilB

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My friend and I spent six nights here. The hotel was in a good central location if the busy nightlife of Bangla Road is what you are looking for. The hotel was clean and tidy and the staff friendly and helpful, the pool bartender Jai was very entertaining. I would not recommend this resort for families with young children, it is more suited to younger people or those wanting to drink and party given it is right on the door step of noisy bars with many young women out and about hustling for "business". Our room 4520 unfortunately looked right over the Soi Dragonfly and though we were out a lot when we came back and wanted to sleep the music thumped until about 3am and even with the balcony window closed we could still hear it. The buffet breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the rooms overlooking the Soi, not 4520.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilary J

Dear Hilary J

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a good overall stay with us. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.