BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
US$147
Patong Paragon Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$114
Burasari Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$82
  • Breakfast included
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$58
US$114
2,129 results
All reviewswine shoppatong beachfull kitchenquiet streetone bedroom apartmentliving roommain buildingcoffee machinehome away from homerooftop poolbangla roadlarge balconyairport transfervisit phuketfantastic stayminute walk to the beachhappy hour
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We were happy to get upgraded to a 2 bedroom deluxe 160sqm apt upon arrival. i like the location and I didnt expect my stay in Patong can to be this peaceful. The apt is big, clean and well equipped with a nespresso machine with free 6 capsules daily. Hotel staff were ok. We were happy to have good breakfast at Khun Woody's Sandwich shoppe just next to BYD. The pool is not big but ok with my family coz there wasnt anyone for the 3 times we were there. We took abt 8 mins to walk to the beach and 20 mins to the Junceylon shopping area. I like the location and I didnt expect my stay in Patong can to be this peaceful. Overall it was a pleasant 5 nites stay. One thing that might bother u is the noisy airconditioning problem in the bedrooms if u r a light sleeper.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay in your upgraded apartment, and that you thought our apartments were big, clean and well –equipped.

We are pleased to know that you loved the Nespresso machine and that you liked the location because it was peaceful for you.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

With kind regards,

Alex.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

I'm a regular traveller to Thailand, as I run some business there and there are always bits and pieces to attend to. Even though Patong sometimes can get a bit "too much", or should I say _because_ it sometimes can, it's so nice to retract to the chic, modern, clean, elegant atmosphere at BYD Lofts. The staff is so friendly, charming, helpful and service minded, and the interior design throughout the complex is first class.

I am already a returning guest at BYD Lofts, and I will certainly book again for my next trip. I rate "the BYD" 5 / 5, and can truly recommend it to anyone. I promise you - you will not be disappointed!

Kuhn Tom

Room Tip: I always have the same room up on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Kuhn Tom T

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a lovely review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor. This is very much appreciated by my staff and I.

It is a nice compliment to know that you keep coming back to stay with us and that you will still come back and stay with us on your next trip.

It is wonderful of you to recommend us and to suggest ‘you will not be disappointed’.

I am happy to hear our staff were friendly, charming and helpful to you and that you suggested we are modern, elegant, chic and clean and our interior is first class, and that you rate us "the BYD" 5 / 5

Once again we appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for being a returning guest.

We hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Kind Regards,

Alex Bressers

Reviewed 16 December 2011

This was our 3rd visit to the LOS and we thought that we would try a different type of accommodation. Usually an avid fan of big 5 star resorts (for that holiday atmosphere) we normally stay at the Busakorn Wing (Holiday Inn Resort) we thought we would try a 65sqm, 1 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor of BYD Lofts (our apartment is the sole apartment on that floor with our own semi private elevator), also with a very adequate sized balcony with chairs and table for that drink outside. We stayed for 7 nights.

The apartments are immaculate and they are serviced each day and the kitchen is the size of a small home’s kitchen and has all the appliances that you would require if you were going to cook.

There is the main building of BYD that has the rooftop pool and then there are the annexes which are the buildings directly across from the main entrance........very special and private having your own floor. You punch in a 4 digit code to access the ground floor entry and then enter the elevator to go to your own floor. (The elevator stops just outside your front door).

The staff couldn’t be more helpful and are always willing to go that extra mile. We had the breakfast package and might I say that I would walk away from the breakfast table with a very satisfied smile on my face, it may be a set menu of sorts but what they have to offer is nothing short of a decent buffet. I had each morning 2 eggs Benedict which came with a sausage, hash brown and tomato. There was a juice, a basket containing 2 toast, 1 croissant and 1 bread roll, tea/coffee and a plate of fruit. This was is what I ordered but you could have whatever combination you liked as there was more to choose from if you desired.

I only have one suggestion and that would be to have towel racks and perhaps to offer 3 towels a day as opposed to 2. (Females need 2, especially when your washing your hair after a day at the beach, sometimes twice).

We went for a couple of swims in the rooftop pool and this was after a few hours at the beach, so you can only imagine just how refreshing this was. You can ring for bar/food service by the pool as well if you like. They also have a couple of pool access rooms if you desire.

We had room service one evening and this was delivered hot and beautifully presented. The impressive touch is that they came back within the hour to remove the tray, not like some other establishments that don’t come back at all until the next day.

The room was serviced daily and was always a delight to come back into after treading the roads of Patong. The air conditioning works especially well and is like walking into a fridge, if so desired. One station in the bedroom and one in the living room so plenty of circulation. They also have an amazing sound system which adds to the enjoyment of DVD’s.

We were met as pre organised at the airport by the driver for BYD Lofts in a very new Mercedes Benz and so we arrived in style, this was a treat as the other car was picking up another guest. I had also pre organised arrival Canapés for us (always a nice touch) and I wasn’t disappointed.

The apartment was just as the pictures/video depicted and in a nice quite little street. There are plenty of laundry shops 50baht for 1kg, 2 sandwich shops and an internet shop with about 6 computers, however BYD has free WIFI.

The beach is just a 5 minute walk and might I just say that at this end of Patong the water is clearer, cleaner and calmer and the attention that you receive whilst on the beach is not as annoying at all as opposed to the other end of Patong. Lots of lounge chairs with umbrellas 80baht for the use of per day. With snacks and drinks served if so desired.

Junceylong is about at 10 minute walk and Bangla Road about 12 minute.

All Tuk Tuks are a flat rate of 200BAHT wether you right in the heart of Patong or minutes away, this rate just relates to the Patong area so its a win win.

All in all we have a very good stay at BYD Lofts and we would highly recommend this establishment.

Oh....and thank you for the lovely surprise Birthday cake, what a lovely way to start the holiday.

I have attached photos of our stay, any questions please PM me.

Regards Cheryl W.

If you would like some more pictures just PM me.

Room Tip: Go for the annex............makes you feel very private.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chez1313
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Cheryl,

I would like to thank you so much for you're amazing review that you wrote about us on Tripadvisor, which is very appreciated by me and our staff !

It's so nice to hear that you say that our apartments are immaculate clean, and also that our staff were very helpful, that's why we want that to go that few miles further for our guests.

In regards to the towel rack or hanger we will add this in the bathrooms, thank you for pointing this out to me, also in regards for an extra towel, which isn't any problem and if you stay in the future with us please feel free to ask for this, which is no problem at all.

I'm also delighted that you were very happy with our room service, and for us it's normal that we take care that plates not stay in your apartment during the night, I know that this isn't in many places but we have trained our staff on this as we don't like to see empty trays and plates on our hall ways.

The birthday cake, this was a pleasure from me and our staff to you as being such a lovely guest.

Once again thank you so much for all your other kind words and raving about us in your beautiful review !

We really hope that we may serve you in the not to fat distance.

Warm regards,

Alex.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

I just left my apartment at BYD lofts, and while I'm at a very nice hotel now I already miss everything I had at BYD. I booked a Studio apartment and was upgraded to a deluxe 1 bedroom, so in terms of value, its hard for me to think that any standard hotel room could compare for the price. In all fairness I should disclose that I am perhaps biased because the modern styling of the apartment was perfectly suited to my taste; lots of wood, oversized furniture and televisions, built in audio, kitchen cabinets that blend into the walls, simple sheer window coverings, it's a south beach miami or hollywood hills loft smack in the middle of Patong. It's a short walk to the beach and Bangla and very close to the road to Phuket town. And despite being in the middle of town, its on a quite side street so there's no traffic noise or late night revellers to disturb your peace. I love a serviced apartment, and this one was 80sq meters, very large for a short term rental one bedroom. I initially booked just 2 nights but extended my stay. I learned later that the apartments are available for longer stays at even better rates.
There were just a few minor issues:
Hallway Noise
The entry door was very thin and I think hollow which allowed much of the hallway noise to penetrate into the room. I was in room 103 of the main building and there is a housekeeping supply closet just across from the entry door. If you are in the living room late morning or early afternoon you will hear every detail of the cleaning staff's conversations and the opening and closing of doors. This may not be an issue in the 2 other buildings or on other floors.
Housekeeping
While the apartment was kept very clean, the housekeeping needing reminders about basic service items: towels, every day would come one at a time, and after the room was cleaned they were often not replaced until I asked. The coffee maker was missing when I arrived, and the coffee pods on the counter were the only clue that there was suppose to be one. It was brought to the room on the second day after I asked. Also, the fruit plate which was provided on arrival, I love that, is suppose to be refilled daily. You'll need to ask for it again or it will disappear. I don't think the housekeepers were bad, just a little absent minded at times. One day I returned from the beach to find someone's bag of groceries sitting on the desk. Like most of my experiences in Thailand however they were always helpful and responsive. I am already planning a return trip to Patong and BYD Lofts.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have views, so the floor is really unimportant. The main building, there are three, has the rooftop pool if that matter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank AdvTravelsCC

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor, this is very much appreciated by my staff and I.

it is a great compliment to us that you extended your stay while staying with us and is great to know that you are missing us here at BYD already.

It is also nice to know that our apartments are up to your taste with all our modern amenities and décor that you compared to ‘south beach Miami or Hollywood hills’.

I would like to apologize for the minor mishap with the housekeeping which I have spoke to them about already and it was a one-off but I am happy to hear that you are planning a return trip to us.

Once again thank-you for your comments and we hope to have you as a guest again soon.

With kind regards,

Alex Bressers.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

First time to Phuket and booked into the BYD Lofts due to the recommendations I found on Trip Advisor.
How good is BYD Lofts. We booked and stayed in the 2 x bedroom apartment (room 105), it is clean, fresh and very stylish. In a great location but not to far away from the mad rush of the beach area and main Patong area.
The staff were great. 'Ron and Louise' in the restuarant were simply the best and 'On' who worked at the front reception desk arranged everything for us during our stay.
I can see why the BYD Lofts are #1 on the Trip Advisor website.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussieBumsSydney
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Dear Angie and Gary,

I would like to thank you so much for your beautiful review that you wrote about our BYD LOFTS on Tripadvisor !

It's great to hear that you liked our rooms and that our rooms were clean, fresh and very stylish, that's the way we work here @ the BYD lofts, to give our guests a great and satisfied feeling !

I'm also delighted by you're raving about our staff and at special Ron, Louise and On.

I'm glad to hear that you understand why we are the nr. 1 on Tripadvisor, this is one of the greatest compliments we can get from our guests and that's what make me and our staff just going that few miles further for our guest.

Once again thank you for being our lovely guests and we really hope that we may serve you again in a not to far distance.

Warm regards,