“Your best choice”

Ranked #1 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Hong Kong, China
“Your best choice”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

RECOMMENDED TOP FIND: One of the biggest challenges in Thailand is consistency. Thai's, while friendly, aren't the most organized or tidy of people. BYD Lofts is run by European management who know what a good hotel should be like and are constantly striving to maintain a high standard and create a branded experience.

This is property is an excellent choice for a Patong city visit. While you're not on the beach, you're an easy 10 minute walk down (the hotel provides fantastic colorful beach towels).

The hotel is located just off the main drag, enough so that there is little street noise and encompasses 3 buildings (the road in front of the hotel is more a quiet lane). Staff throughout the stay was friendly and responsive (see more notes below).

Our 60 sq meter apartment was across from the main building and only 2 apartments per floor. More than adequate for 2 people. A beautiful balcony. Cool yet soft white tile flooring throughout. Comfortable couch. In room express maker. Full kitchenette. Stocked refrig. Fantastic sound/video system. Dual air conds. Separate bedroom area.

Bedding was firm but very comfortable with numerous pillow options. Bathroom is a little tight for 2, but well laid out and excellent illumination. The room lighting system is quite complex (various dimmers). The Sony stereo audio/video system was excellent (2 TV's are in the suite). There were some fit n' finish aspects but I attribute this to the lack of Thai workmanship than hotel management.

THIS IS A TOP CHOICE IN MY 150+ REVIEWS.

Transport - Recommend you arrange the hotel to pick you up! The Phuket airport is a Turkish flea market with throngs of foreign tourists all seemingly lost. The hotel driver with a name sign was uniformed in a private car with a ready bottle of cold water, scented cold towel and the hotel's ever present "theme" music softly playing. At the hotel, 4 staff members quickly whisked us to our room. This is the way to arrive at a hotel.

Restaurant - the restaurant has good food, we ate there 2 nights, it sounds incredibly boring, but frankly, Patong has thousands of bad restaurants. I hate to admit it, but the hamburger was great and the portion size was just right. The kitchen staff works hard to provide a beautiful presentation and quality offering. We had in room breakfast each day and this was also very nice. Coffee in Thailand is always difficult, the hotel serves Illy Italian coffee! Nichole, wait staff, was also of note.

Massage/facial - we found an excellent place in the same character as BYD just 2 minute walk from the hotel. Leaving the hotel lobby, turn left then immediate right back to the main road. At the main road, look to your left (across the street) to the 2 story brown stucco building. They offer facials (on the ground floor) and massages (on the 2nd floor). You can get combo deals for both. Our best find and so close!

Food - No.9 restaurant (9th floor of building) is down the road from the massage place (above, 10 min walk) and offers excellent food (it's European run as well).

Alternatives - BYD is quite popular and if you can't get in here, the Siam Palm is next door and appears newly renovated and in a similar style to the BYD.

Negatives - The management of BYD patrols TripAdvisor regularly and thus I'd like to offer my congratulations on a well run hotel. The only negative was the driver pitching trips to us out in the street in front of the hotel. I'm not sure this is sanctioned by the hotel (he wasn't in BYD clothing) but he was ever present, well spoken and a nice vehicle but he was quite persistent. The strong sales pitch worked against him and we did our best to avoid him (though we needed and did arrange our own transport).

SUMMARY: With 150+ reviews, I don't easily give out 5 Stars, but this property is deserving of your attention and assuming you want a non-resort stay in Patong, this would be my #1 choice.

Room Tip: Our room in the "S" building faced an inner courtyard, though it overlooked some shabbier...
3 Thank roadwarrior30
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 7 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a kind and amazing review on your recent visit to our BYD Lofts!

It is a big compliment to us that we are your top choice in all of the 150+ hotels you have visited and it is nice of you to personally mention the management and that they know what a good hotel is and finally it is great that knowing you don’t give out 5 stars easily, you have given us at BYD 5 stars.

Also thank-you for your many other great comments too such as ‘ we are an excellent choice for a Patong visit’ and our staff are friendly and responsive. I will pass on your thanks to Nicole.

I am very happy to hear that your check-in went smoothly and how it should be and that you enjoyed our restaurant and breakfast brought to your room in the mornings.

it has been great reading such a wonderful review and I really appreciate all these comments you have made and you taking the time to write a review!

Once again thank-you for being a wonderful guest and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Patong.

Best Regards,

Alex Bressers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed 9 days last month, December...and plan to stay there in January 2012 as well, have not booked this accom yet, waiting to confirm dates we will be in Phuket.

What can I say...it starts with the Limo service from the airport...
Then continues with a very large room with kitchen, very clean.
Staff were great, great restaurant, great staff.
In a perfect location.

AAAAAAA+++++++

Room Tip: Next time I would try to get a suite on a higher floor, we stayed on level 1, was good, but not too...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 31 December 2011
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you will be returning in the near future to BYD. We are pleased to know that you thought our apartments were great and clean and that you thought our staff and restaurant were also great.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Alex Bressers
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2011

stayed in BYD on Dec 13 -21, demand to change room on 2nd day because the room facing East (sunrise), talked to the staff & confirmed (in approximately 5 minutes) OK to move to an West (sunset) room. Actually BYD have no view on sunset, probably no view on sunrise too, I move because I thought it's a bit too hot in the morning , because I slept-in on the first several days in Phuket.
Anyhow, besides the 4 major advantages mentioned by the title. They've all the amenities you'll need & they have ipod speaker & DVD with several speakers providing surround sound; which is perfect by night (except you like to goto parties)
Yes, BYD do not have view to the sea & their amenities are not in top shape ; but if they do, the charge of the room will be much higher !!
Conclusively , my stay in BYD worth every penny .

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 30 December 2011
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear your comments about your stay being worth every penny and it is nice to read that you think we are clean, quiet, spacious and cozy.

We were more than happy to help with your room change request as here at BYD we care about our guests and our team are always doing their best to make our guest happy as much as we can as it is our main mission to satisfy each individual guest.

Once again thank for being our guest and we hope to have you as a guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

I am a regular traveller to Phuket and this time I was travelling in a group of 8 and had booked 3 rooms and found the rooms AWESOME.

All the rooms were well furnished, great decor and looks exactly like a private condominium.

The only thing is the water from the tap was rather yellowish which we were unsure of the cause. Other than that, the stay was excellent. The staffs were very helpful with my requests and I love the nepresso machine ! Excellent coffee for me in the morning.

Very classy, high tech rooms. May I can suggest to link the elevator all the way to the penthouse, rather than taking to 5 flr and then take the stairs to 6th flr.

In summary, Very GOOD accomodation !

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear that you thought our rooms were ‘awesome’, classy, high-tech and well furnished with great décor! I am happy to read that you and your party had an excellent stay, and you thought the staff were helpful and you enjoyed our new nespresso machines.

I apologize about the elevator, we had a small teething problem as this was a new apartment just opened but the elevator now goes up fully to the penthouse apartment and opens in the living area.

I appreciate all your comments and we look forward to welcoming you to BYD Lofts again.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 23 December 2011

This is my second time at BYD Lofts and my first time solo. I can't say enough about this place because it truly is more than fantastic. I booked a 1 Bedroom Grand Deluxe from December 11 through December 16th.

The staff is nothing but friendly, professional, and eager to help you out. Management team is heavily involved as they were last year and always ready to provide advice on the hot spots of Patong. What manager would walk outside and stop me before riding off on my rented scooter to tell me to be careful if I plan on drinking because there is a zero tolerance policy by Thai Police? Small things like this and more make me feel at home at BYD Lofts.

You have complete privacy, a beautiful apartment and some great people. I don't think I would ever go anywhere else in Patong.

Try the Papaya Salad at the Restaurant and the Watermelon Shake....fantastic!

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms where the main lobby is. They are larger, better appointed, and better situated co...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank VenetziaOleh
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete excellent and amazing review on your recent visit to our BYD Lofts.

it is a compliment to us to know that you are a returning guest and it is always great to hear such great compliments about our BYD such as ‘ you can’t say enough about this place because it truly is more than fantastic’, and it is also great to hear your comments remarking on how our staff is nothing but friendly and professional.

It was nice of you to mention the management in your review and how involved we are with our guests.
This is because we care about our guests and our team are always doing their best to make our guest happy and safe as much as we can as it is our main mission to satisfy each individual guest and also keep them informed about information they may not know.

Once again thank-you for being our guest and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Patong.

Best Regards,

Alex.
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have stayed at many hotels in Phuket, but this was my first time at the BYD Lofts.
The apartments are beautifully designed and furnished, with all the amenities you could ever need. Modern and spacious throughout. It had the feel of living in a luxury condo with the added benefit of having all the hotels services at your call.
The staff were excellent, most helpful and friendly - sure this is what you expect in most Thailand hotels, but at the BYD Lofts the atmosphere created gives a more relaxed and personal feel to the whole place.
I will definitely be staying at the BYD Lofts during my future trips to Phuket.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear that your first time stay with us was a good one and that you would stay with us again on your next visit to Patong.

It is nice to read your comments about our apartments being beautifully designed , modern and spacious and furnished with all the amenities you could ever need.

Also it is nice to read that you thought our staff were excellent and the most helpful and friendly.

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to have you as a guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

BYD lofts are located in the heart of Phuket's activities, Patong beach. However, unlike roadside hotels where drunkards and noisemakers roam the outside, it's located a short ways inside a small enclosed area and it looks safe and reassuring to return "home" to after a day of touring phuket.

The staff are fantastic, greeting you as you leave and enter the hotel, and when they pass you in the hallways. They respond to any call speedily and with great urgency.

There is also plenty of good and cheap food nearby. Their hotel bistro, located downstairs, is surprisingly well-priced. The 10 inch pizza, which costs about 200-220 outside, was similarly priced in the hotel (and came with a free drink!) This was fantastic as, when it was raining, we didn't feel any qualms eating there. Of note is the nearby acclaimed "Sandwich Shoppe", which sells fantastic sandwiches (eat that, Subway!) and other western food, if you're feeling a little homesick and are hankering for belgian waffles, a stack of pancakes, or a croissan-wich. All at decent prices as well.

If you want to eat more authentic thai food, simply take the 3 minute walk out to the main road. There are plenty of thai eateries around, on average a pad thai dish costs 80-100 baht. We can't recall the names of the ones we ate at but most of them have the same (great) standard.

Shopping-wise, Jungceylon is a 15 minute walk (with plenty to see and buy in between from the markets) and is far better than the overly-westernized, overpriced Central Festival in Phuket Town.

We urge you to spend at least 2 nights walking up and down the streets. A nice restaurant is No. 6 Restaurant, which sells very cheap and good food (about 80bht for Beef noodles/ Pad thai)

Having spent some time and both P. Town and Patong Beach, Patong Beach is generally more accessible and offers the same items anyway at similar if not cheaper prices. Don't waste your time with Phuket town.

Nightlife.. well it's Phuket. It's a riot and bar hoppers and clubbers and such will never be disappointed. Plenty of things to see and do. And all within reasonable walking distance from the hotel.

On a side note:
We ran into a tiny problem when we booked the 4.6 thousand baht room online. Due to some language problems, we were given the 6k+ baht room instead (and we honestly thought we were in the right room as they look similar in photos). This was a nasty surprise on the last day, but due to the extremely comfortable stay and pleasant staff, we decided it was worth the extra dough (though we'd be sure to triple check the room rate before staying next time). It was an honest "lost in translation" mistake. The 6.5k room though, should be considered if you decide to take the trip with friends. It has a fantastic kitchen and modern facilities, and can easily house 5-6 people with some sleeping on the couch(who can split the cost!)

1 Thank Batnoon
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at BYD Lofts!

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at BYD and it is great to hear that during your stay you felt like being at ‘home’ after spending the day out in lively Patong.

I apologize again for the honest misunderstanding in the room category but I am pleased that you still had a comfortable and pleasant stay and that you felt the staff were fantastic and responded well to anything you may have required.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we hope to have you as a guest again in the future!

Kind Regards,

Alex Bressers.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
The Chava Resort
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!