“A stylish abode”

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Was looking for stylish accommodation for one month where we could have a hassle free and comfortable stay.....we found it at BYDLofts. Room cleaning worked around us when we slept in after hard partying and sometimes made up our room as late as 6-8pm, thank you so much. The limousine driver was super friendly as well as reception. Owners are a couple of nice gentlemen. Nice to be the only room on our level, which meant no noise at all from other guests. Appreciated the 65 sqm space and the bathroom was elegant. Nice kitchen but never used it. The little things like the mounted magnifying mirror, the BYDLoft CD etc were nice touches. Weren't fans of the bowl of plastic fruit, hmmm. The sliding doors weren't 100% practical but the owners have already taken my feedback into consideration so this may not be an issue in the future. There was an allocated (to the hotel) parking spot outside the apartment, which we occupied most of the time. This was soooo convenient for us. A 15 minute walk to bangle road but this was exactly what we wanted, however the one-way roads in Phuket meant a big loop every time you want to go back to the hotel, same for most places in Phuket I guess. Third trip to Phuket and this was the best place by far.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your amazing review on BYD Lofts. It’s a real pleasure satisfying our guests and we are very happy to know that you had a very good time at BYD Lofts on your month long stay. It is great to read that you had a hassle free and comfortable stay and that you loved the apartments and the amenities in the apartment. It was also no trouble at all to send housekeeping to your room when it was convenient for you because we like to satisfy all our guests and meet their needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation on Trip Advisor and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Kind Regards,

Alex Bressers

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We just got back from a fortnight at the BYD Lofts and we could have definitely stayed longer. from the moment that we arrived their Limousine ( Brand new Mercedes Benz) with driver was waiting for us on the airport,
with 2 bottles of cold water and nice refreshing cold towels in this heat was very welcome and relaxing.

I'm can say that I'm an avid traveller and this hotel is such a wonderful homely place to stay where guests are just not a number. The rooms ( serviced apartments ) were spotless, beautifully and modernly decorated. They have lovely white walls, with beautiful modern art work, white floors and a full equipped modern kitchen, huge leather sofa and king size bed and equipped with everything you may need. They have been decorated so well and with such taste that when you arrive you almost do not want to leave them.

It was by far the best check in experience we have ever had in less then 3 minutes we were in our room. All the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us on every request we had ! Fantastic place to stay if you want to get away from it all, only a two minute ride away to noisy bustling Bangla Road by Tuk Tuk. Overall the Hotel is very clean, well kept and everything you would expect from a boutique hotel. BYD Lofts should be 5 stars and I highly will recommend this to every one, you do not miss out on this experience !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is great to read your many generous comments on your 2 week stay you had previously at BYD Lofts and it is a lovely compliment to know we satisfied you so much that you could have definitely stayed longer.

I am very happy to hear that as you are an avid traveler we could impress you so much that you think we should be a 5* Hotel.

My staff and I are pleased to know that you enjoyed the décor and amenities in our apartments and it is great that you feel so at home, that you do not wish to leave.

My staff and I appreciate all your comments and Thank You for highly recommending us!

We look forward to welcoming you back to BYD Lofts.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Enjoyed a 3 night holiday with my wife and 3 adult daughters in a 2 bedroom apartment. First impressions on arrival at the apartments was very good. Very friendly staff to greet us who were happy to talk to us while we completed check-in procedure. All room facilities were of high standard and housekeeping was prompt, friendly and efficient. Restaurant and bar staff were also very friendly and we enjoyed fantastic food and service. Had one very long night at the bar; stayed well past the end of Happy Hour, encouraged by friendly barmen who had to suffer endless photo oportunities. Wife and daughters had too many cocktails and started siging along with the band (I of course was quite sober). Management took the time to talk to us and made us feel welcome. Would love to have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Apartments are away from the main road so I suspect most rooms would be good.

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor ! This is very much appreciated by the staff and myself.

It is lovely to read comments from such lovely families who come and enjoy their time with us and it is particularly lovely to know that you and your family enjoyed every minute of your 3 night stay and in particular our cocktails and staff.

We too enjoy having great friendly guests and it is a pleasure always getting to know each individual so our guests are just not a number.

My staff and I are happy to hear that you your first impressions were very good and check-in went smoothly for you and that you also think our house-keeping are prompt and keep up a very high standard.

It is a compliment to know that you would have like to stay longer!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

We booked two 2-bedded apt fo 2 nights and was given a free upgrade to 1600 Sqft for one of the apts.

The apts are very clean & modern with fresh flowers display and good kitchen electrical appliances. Prompt house keeping services with friendly staff. One of them (Cant really register his name (Ajmu?) even came to bid us farewell when we were getting into our airport transport. In fact before our trip, Alex had already started corresponding with us via emails to make sure BYD sees into our special requests.

The Wine Connection shop serves a variety of wine selection & the food at the BYD Cafe is good. There are a few mini marts just nearby which is very convenient. There are also shops like tour agencies, saloon, laundry, eatery stalls etc just downstairs BYD.

The opposite tour agency boss even came to bid us farewell! What a warm place to stay!

Just 2 things that are not so perfect:
1) The air con in Room 105 Living hall is quite warm hence kind of stuffy. But the bed rooms' air con are alright.

2) The bed mattress is kind of hard hence comfort level is not excellent.

Of course if BYD can throw in free airport transfer for the price we paid will be wonderful :D

On the whole, BYD is great and i would recommend to anyone.

Cheers!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your recent stay at our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is a lovely compliment to the staff and I to hear your comments that you thought our apartments are ‘modern ‘and " impeccably clean " with great appliances and that you thought our staff were very ‘friendly’ and our housekeeping ‘prompt’ and also ‘friendly’.

In the mean time we had our engineers fixed the aircon, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I am also happy to read that you were very pleased with the wine connection and our BYD restaurant. I really appreciate all your comments and you taking the time to write a review.

Once again thank you so much for being our guests and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed over Christmas 2011/New year for 2,5 weeks in BYDLoft (room 104). Trendy hotel, Staff is very friendly, professional, speak/understand very well English . (Dutch) Managers are always open for social talk and make you feel at home. Ambiance is relaxed and openminded. Rooms are spacious with design objects and art on the wall. Problems (AC) solved within 12 hours. Every day new beachtowels; walking distance to (rainbow) beach; Before departure we reserved our next stay for December 2012/Jan 2012. Frank&Jack

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about your stay at our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

it is great to read your lovely comments and it is a lovely compliment to know we satisfied you so much that you have booked a return visit for the end of the year immediately .

I am happy to hear that you rate the managers and staff highly and we could make you feel at home and that you feel relaxed here at the Lofts! My staff and I appreciate all your comments!

We look forward already to welcoming you back to BYD Lofts in December this year .

Reviewed 30 January 2012

On paper these rooms look fantastic but on closer inspection disappointing. In our room, 210, bed was extremely creaky - fixed after complaining but, according to a member of staff she was aware from a previous complaint there was a problem with this bed, fridge didn't work and completely broke down on our last night's stay. Bathroom tap missed the bowl and overflowed each time used. Tap in kitchen sink nearly coming away from unit. Housekeeping hit and miss - had to call housekeeping twice in our 7 night stay to remind them to clean our room (after 4.00pm). . For the price paid wished we'd stayed in a 5* hotel. Owner apologised with a miserly bottle of red wine. Not good enough!

Room Tip: Pretentious - book elsewhere
7  Thank ysabel1066

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review on our BYD Lofts!

I would like to sincerely apologize for the few mishaps you have had during your stay.

During your stay you informed us about the creaky bed, we immediately sent our engineers, who replaced this direct for a brand new bed. As for the fridge also here sometimes equipment break down, we have never had any complaint before . If you had of come to us after your first night stay we could have sorted the problem promptly as we put all our guests happiness and comfort first and do what we can to make their stay as enjoyable as possible.

In regards to our housekeeping, I would like to make my sincere apologies but as we were running a full hotel at that time, and many guest only leaving their room after 01.00 PM you may have feel free to asked our front office to clean your room first or earlier, which we would have done with all pleasure !

Your comments will help us maintain and improve our service and help fulfill our goal of meeting the highest expectations of our guests as here at BYD we like to help and make all our guests stay 100% satisfactory.

Thank You for being our guests.

Yours sincerely,

Alex Bressers

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We visited the BYD Lofts for the 3rd time in January 2012 and stayed 10 days (wish I could of stayed longer). The warm welcome we received upon arrival made us feel like we had come home. The staff here are fabulous, friendly and always smiling and it is clearly evident that they are proud of what they are doing, the staff and management have my utmost respect!
The rooms are designed very well and are very spacious and equipped with modern amenities and everything you could possibly need.

We had the latest flat screen TV in our living area and bedroom which had free internet on it. We had a very cool new coffee machine, which was great to wake up to and have a coffee on the balcony.

The rooms are very clean and it is so easy to sit back and relax in them and forget that you are even in Patong as you feel very at home. The rooms are cleaned daily and seriously cannot be faulted !! There is also free wifi in all the rooms, this was a bonus for keeping in touch with my family.

The restaurant and bar had a very relaxed vibe about it; and the staff here again are fantastic. The quality of food is superb and the cocktails were delicious! Once again BYD has lived up to my high hopes and expectations without seeming to even make an effort! If you don't want to be caught in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Patong, but still like to wander down into the hustle occasionally, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Over the 3 times we stayed we had differnt rooms but they all are great, the Penthouse with poolacce...

Dear Guest,

My staff and I are happy to hear that as a returning guest our BYD Lofts still live up to your high hopes. I am happy to hear that third time round you were just as impressed and are you have utmost respect for our staff who continue to treat you like you are at home.

I am very happy to read that you think the room and all amenities were perfect for you and that you highly recommend our restaurant. It is a huge compliment to us to know that you highly recommend BYD Lofts!

Again thank you for being our guests and I appreciate all your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to BYD Lofts.

Alex Bressers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
The Pavilions Phuket
The Pavilions Phuket
#4 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!