BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed for just two nights in the two bedroom apartment in February 2012 and wished we could have stayed longer. It's a great apartment with plenty of space and very convenient for the pool on the roof. It was clean and tidy and we found out why when we saw the small army of staff that attended to our room, we counted five at one point and the room was done in no time. A big thumbs up for the housekeeping.
The location is great, just a short stroll from the beach but away from the hustle of the main entertainment areas.
We used the bar at the hotel which was well staffed and friendly and enjoyed breakfast in the casual restaurant.
We made regular use of the hotel cars that were very new Mercedes and the same price as the local taxi vans.
One minor quibble was that the wireless internet was a little intermittent in our apartment, though I understand the hotel will have installed new equipment by the time you read this.
Above all the staff are what make this very modern hotel an excellent experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, especially the comments concerning our rooms being ‘clean and tidy’ and that you give a thumbs up for the housekeeping team. I will pass this comment on to the team.

It is a lovely compliment to know that you wish you could have stayed longer and that you think it is our staff that make our ‘modern’ hotel and excellent experience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation on Trip Advisor and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.

There are newer reviews for BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed in apt 105, 2 bedrooms. This is a beautiful, spacious, clean apartment, they really paid attention to details. We had a beautiful bouquet of orchids on the dining room table. There is a large terrace with a dining table, wrap around balcony. Staff is friendly, welcome drinks and cold towel on arrival. Rooms were serviced daily. Across the street is a wonderful tour office that will help with booking tours, convenience stores nearby, Patong beach 10 minutes away. We enjoyed our stay here very much and highly recommend BYD Lofts!

Room Tip: I am a light sleeper, and I had problems with the noise from the A/C, when climate control kicks in...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, especially the comments concerning our rooms being ‘spacious and clean’. It is a lovely compliment to know that you enjoyed your stay here and highly recommend our BYD Lofts!.

It is also really pleasing for us to know that you think our staff are friendly and that you think we pay attention to detail in the Hotel.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We have just returned from a 12 nights at the BYD Lofts and had a superb time.
From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice.
The aspects of the hotel that made it so special for us were as follows: the wonderful relaxed atmosphere that we expected of the hotel which is driven by the " understated but extremely effective and professionalism of the management and their staff at the BYD Lofts " ! attentive and friendly staff at the reception, bar, restaurant, and housekeeping, thank you for making our holiday memorable !
the Bar & Bistro restaurant - we ate in the restaurant numerous times and always had brilliant food and wine's on very reasonable prices.
We gave the European menu a miss because we like to sample the food of the region.
The Thai food was one of the best we have eaten and their breakfast let you going on for the whole day !
The rooms were superb, specious, clean with big flatscreen TV's - iPod Station Surround sound system, you don't want to leave, some times we just stay " at home " in the evening as it was so nice relaxing like being at home, having a nice glass of wine on our specious balcony with some friends that came over and were also very impressed !
We visited many other hotels in the past year in Patong Beach and we believed none of them came that close to the atmosphere of the BYD Lofts, no wonder that they are that high ranked in Patong Beach, for me they are also "The number 1 " Thank you BYD to make our holiday so wonderful and we really highly recommend this place, it's a livestyle you deserve !!.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about your recent stay at our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is a lovely compliment to the staff and I to hear that you had a superb time at BYD Lofts on your 12 night visit and to know that from the moment you arrived you knew you had made the right choice.

I am happy to hear that you think of us as " understated but extremely effective and our staff could make your holiday a memorable one " .

It is also good to read that you thought of our rooms as very relaxing, spacious and clean. I really appreciate all your comments.

Thank you for highly recommending us and for being our guest and for writing a review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I LOVE the BYDLofts!This was by far the best investment I made for my trip to Phuket. It was a full, one bedroom modern apartment with full maid service, room service and a 5 minute walk to Patong Beach. It also had a terrific terrace that extended your living room to the outdoors. The view is not great (mine looked at the BYD LOFTS across the street) but the room completely made up for this lack of view. Besides, it was so close to the beach, I was not in my room much to care about the view.

I am a female that traveled alone and felt completely safe. The reception staff was friendly and helpful. Let me also mention that I received a GREAT deal from the internet. The price definitely made me feel like I won the lottery on this place. If I ever return to Phuket, I will ABSOLUTELY be looking at BYDLofts for my stay.

If I had one complaint, the hotel's driver (they have a car service, which was nice, though you will pay double than for a regular, metered taxi) offered to "take me to the airport early so that he could show me some places to go shopping." After reading a lot about these kinds of offers (and how drivers take tourists to places where they receive a commission), I was a little disappointed with this offer. However, a simple, "no thanks" was all he needed. Do NOT let this deter you from staying here. The hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review about your recent stay at our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is a lovely compliment to the staff and I to hear you love BYD Lofts and that we were by far the best investment that you made on your trip to Phuket. It is good to know that as a female solo traveler you felt completely safe and that you thought our staff were friendly and helpful.

I am also happy to read that you were very pleased with our modern apartments and the distance to the beach. I really appreciate all your comments.

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and for writing a review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed here 4 days and all i can say is WoW I wish I did not have to leave.i have been to thailand many times and i have to say this hotel was the best in patong by far with the friendly greeting when we arrived by the front desk staff member Nate she was outstanding she was so helpfull and not rude at all this is somthing that is hard to find in patong .
The rooms were flawless and the staff were exceptional if your going to stay in patong this is your place. I can not fault this hotel at all I just wish i had known about it before !!
Highly recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Auztraveller

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, especially the comments concerning our rooms being ‘flawless and our staff being ‘exceptional’. It is a lovely compliment to know that you cannot fault our Hotel and you wish you could have stayed sooner and for longer.

It is also really gratifying for us to know that you highly recommend our hotel and that on arrival you think our staff welcomes have been the friendliest greeting you have received, this makes us just going that few miles further for our Guests !.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

BYD Lofts sits at a prime location with convenience to everything. The room has amazing design and decor. It's clean and comfortable.

The room that we stayed, is located at the first floor. Apparently this room is being modified from an office. The double swing door is locked but there is still gap between the doors and at night you can hear all those noise from the street.

Advantage
1. Location close to all actions, the beach, shopping etc.
2. The hotel restaurant is great. It's best cost vs. benefit than any restaurant that we have been on the island.
3. Fixed 200 Bahr a trip to go around Patong.
4. There is an activity house nearby and price is better than what we quote from website or other places. For example, the trip to go back to airport is 600 vs. 900 from the hotel.
5. Full set of kitchen with stainless steel utensil.
6. Fully integrated sound system (6.1).
7. Great decor.

Disadvantage
1. A bit pricy. One of the more expensive hotel around. But I think it is worth the money spent.
2. Noisy. The bar cross street has music until very late at night. Of course, we had a room not completely sealed.
3. Bathroom is slippery once its wet due to the type of tile used. In other hotel, there will be different type of tile used.
4. No TV channel guide. Too many channels with local language.
5. Bathroom a bit small compare the same class of hotel around Phuket.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your great review on BYD Lofts. This is very much appreciated by my staff and I.

It is great to read that you thought the apartments were clean and comfortable and our location is convenient to everything. It is also great to know that you loved the décor and thought our restaurant was great.

In regards to your comments, we have ordered a new window, so that future guest wouldn't have this same problem anymore , also in regards to you comment about the tv channels we will install shortly more channels and a channel guide will be in place.
Once again thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation on Trip Advisor and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2012

BYD Lofts are great apartments, we had a one bedroom 80sq and found it to be spacious, immacualtely clean and in a good location. I would definitely recommend and would stay again if i ever had any intention of returning to Patong beach (which i don't, didn't really like it). But if BYD Lofts were located in other cities/countries I would definitely stay with them again. They were great. Oh and our driver to and from airport, was absolutely lovely, probably the highlight of a trip :-) Feel bad that i can't remember his name but he definitely deserves a pay rise !!!!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be great
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lex33
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear that you thought our apartments were spacious, clean and In a good location and it is great to know that you would definitely recommend our Lofts!

My staff and I appreciate all your comments and you taking the time to write a review.

Again thank you for being our guests and we hope to welcome you back to BYD Lofts in the future.

Alex Bressers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!