BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 8 May 2012

we stayed 2 nights at BYD LOFTS, in start of our 3 weeks holiday. Its amazing place. we had a 100m2 apartment
and all was very clean og shining, in black, white, and red..
We got the breakfast delivery, to the balcony, and it was very good.
The restaurant made delicious dinner and good wine list too.
All the staff is fantastic and smiling.
Just wish we have booked more days.
But we come back in august/september

2  Thank lisOelstykke

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a great review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed breakfast on your balcony from our fantastic and smiling staff.

It is great to know that you will be returning in the summer.

Alex Bressers

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed in the 2 bedroom penthouse and found it comfortable and modern. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the hotel was within walking distance to many restaurants, bars and the beach. I would stay here again and recommend to others to test.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My friend and I had stayed at BYD Lofts for a 4D3Ns stay from 30 Apr - 03 May 2012.

Return Airport Transfer: I had booked airport transfer from www.phuketpickup.com and their service is excellent. It costs me $600 baht per way which is considered quite cheap. They will hold a sign board when you arrived at the airport. During the ride, the driver did not drive us to any other place (like souvenirs shop or etc, which I heard some taxi drivers will to earn some commission). So this company is reliable.

Once I reached BYD Lofts after a 45 mins to an hour ride, the receptionist quickly come out and pulled our luggages in with a smile. Check-in service is fast. Welcome orange juice and a wet towel were serviced to us shortly. 1 of the receptionists brings us to our apartment and briefs us on the facilities inside the apartment.

The room is beautiful decorated with modern furniture and some paintings. The 1 bedroom grand deluxe (2nd floor) is spacious, with a bedroom, a kitchen and a big balcony. Overall looks comfortable and relax. Beach towel and umbrellas are provided in the room so you can bring it out. The only negative is there aren’t any toothbrush/ toothpaste in the toilet, so you have to bring your own. The hotel cleanliness is good, but I found a cockroach in my master bedroom one morning which really shocks me, although they cleaned it fast after we informed. There is also free wifi service in the room which will be given to you during check-in by receptionist. The in room dining has to be paid by cash by the way.

What I dislike is also the room door, which does not really fixed well as there is a small gap in between. Hence, there is always loud noise from neighbour's door when they had to close it hard. In fact, my sleep was always disturbed in the morning. I feel a difference treatment in here between Asian and westerners customers, maybe is due to the area which is higher % of westerners tourists. I never felt this way for my past three trips to Phuket, this is the first time. Hence, I was disappointed.

The location of BYD Loft is far end of Patong, so you are quite away from the crowded noise of Bangla Road. You will take 30 mins walk to Jungceylon shopping mall. It is a bit far, but luckily along the way, there are street stores and restaurants. It is near Novotel Hotel. The distance to the Patong Beach is about 15 - 20 minutes walk.

We bought our day trip/ activities such as ATV and Simon Cabaret show from Mr. Panya Kamman (www.ppkktourservice.com). His price is very reasonable and he will always give discount to you. He has an Ipad so he is fast in responding to your emails (within a few hours) or sometimes immediately. The ATV 1 hour with return transfer is abt $1,500 per adult and Simon Cabaret show is abt $700 VIP Seat with return transfer. So everything is quite worthwhile. The ATV is fun with guide and they will bring you to rubber trees and beachside. Of course, there is muddy place. If you drive with care, you won't get so dirty on your shirt.

We also catch the Avengers movie at Jungceylon which costs $160 baht per adult. My friend tries the parasailing at Patong beach. Basically, I think there are 3 groups of companies having parasailing, Jet Ski and banana boats. We tried the center company, costs 1 round parasailing $1,100 baht per adult. Well, here please be careful. The guys there are over “touchy” if you are ladies (especially slim and young), so please be careful. Do not over friendly with them if not, they will think you are very open minded and may take advantage of you.

On our last day, we tried the Healthland massage near BYD Lofts. 1 hour neck and shoulder massage only costs me $500 baht per person. It is quite good, can try.

Overall, I like the holiday trip at Patong, but whether I will return to stay here really depends. Have fun!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shin23_Traveller

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to hear that you had a smooth taxi ride to our Lofts and that your check - in was efficient and that you thought of our rooms as beautifully decorates and relaxing.

I sincerely apologies if you felt asian guests were treated different to western guests but this is absolutely not the case in our BYD Lofts. All our guests are treated equally regardless of their nationality.

We hope that you will return for another visit to BYD in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

After reading all the good reviews I am so excited to book this apartment for our up comping 4 days holiday in Phuket this month. I have tried to called twice to know more about the apartments, as my auntie is on a wheel chair there are things I need to make sure before I book.

Unfortunately I was speaking to the same woman named Kay 2 days in a row and somehow I feel that she is very busy and have no time to answer my questions, in between conversations she kept talking to ppl next to her, serving other customers etc, I am ok with that as she might be on her own in the reception desk although I am sure she is not the only one there. Seems like she is annoyed by me, I already feel not welcome there, she asked me to send a mail instead and so I did. I sent a mail yesterday 02-05-2012, understood there might be email problems my mail did not reach them so I called again today. She said I must call back at 2 when her boss come back to sort me out as they have many bookings she cannot help me now! Excuse me???

I never like to report anyone as they might have a bad day or it was totally misunderstanding, but this time I do feel like I am calling for a job position than booking a hotel rooml! The apartment is not expensive but it is not free still you know. it should be ok to provide more information no??

My 80 yrs old aunt is very excited about the apartment after I shown her the video on the web-site. I just want to book the 2 bed rooms panthouse and like to know if the place is wheel chair friendly and the difference between the 2 bed rooms apartment and the 2 bed room penthouse thats all.

Better English speaking receiptist are needed, and can you reply my mail pls. As I do not want to stress my aunt we are not staying in your place now!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Aussie B
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you that you that you finally still made your decision to make your reservation with us, and that we could solved this matter.

We really hope that we can show you during your stay with us that we are committed our selves to our guests and that the BYD Lofts is a great place to be and has " earned " their ranking on Tripadvisor.

I'm very sorry to read your review and we would like to make our sincere apologies for this matter.

It's only a shame that this all is mainly based on the fact that you did not received our e-mail reply that we have send on the same day that you send your inquire on the 2nd. May, as we wouldn't have this problem, and probably all would have going smooth for your reservation in the first place !

I think that making a reservation is absolute a part of the experience to stay at any hotel and we are happy that finally we will get the change to show you our commitment for the whole experience for staying at our BYD lofts.

I also understand that this situation partial is based on a language barrier, and miscommunication, but again mainly the language barrier, and I have to agree with you that this is sometimes a problem in Thailand.
They really try very hard to communicate well with everyone as far as they can go !.

I also can assure you that Kek is very committed her self to her job, and that this was absolute one off, as you can read in many of our reviews how our guest raving about our place and our staff.

Finally we can't blame our " internet world " where we living in these days, as there is nobody to complain to, but once again if you would have received my e-mail on the 2nd. this all wouldn't have happened.

Once again our sincere apologizes for the this and we are looking forward to see you on your arrival at the 17th. May.

With kind regards,

Alex Bressers.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Room - My partner and I stayed for 3 nights in April. The accommodation is great, with excellent service from all the staffs (everyone was outstanding~), and the room is extremely clean and big. Totally exceeded my expectation. As it was not located along or near Blangah area, it was really peaceful at night.

Lobby - Probably would suggest some pest control to be done at the lobby/common toilets/computer area, as there are quite a no. of mozzies.

Food - Bar and Bistro is good too, reasonably priced =)

Location - It's abit of a walk to Jungceylon/Blangah and to the beach. But definitely within walking distance.

Dear Guest,

i am very pleased to read that you thought everyone was outstanding here at BYD and that we totally exceeded your expectations.

Thank You for being a great guest and we hope to welcome you back to BYD again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights as part of our honeymoon. The staff are so friendly and helpful (language barrier can be challenging, but most are pretty good). It's a short walk to the beach. About 15mins to Bangla road (and trust me, you don't want to stay close to there unless you don't like a quiet sleep at night). It was great to have a kitchen, for that many days I don't like to eat out every meal.

The hotel organized all our tours and at discounted prices. They had lots of great recommendations too (ie restaurants, places to visit, etc).

The pool is nice, but with a beach like Patong, why go there?

Room service is quick and cheap. 299 Baht for a full breakfast, it was enough for the both of us just ordering one.

Restaurant is good. So great to have a wine store right there too. They should add more groceries in there though, like meats & cheeses.

We also got a massage in the room set up by the hotel, I still can't get over how cheap it is!

Only thing missing is a gym. There is one they referred us to down the street, but there is no air conditioning, so in 95 degree heat I felt pretty sick after a 6 mile run.

I would highly recommend and would stay again if I returned to Patong.

Room Tip: All seemed great to me. I had read someone recommend pool access rooms, but when I was there, they...
1  Thank cutecdnchick

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon here at BYD Lofts and that you thought our staff were friendly and helpful. I am glad you enjoyed your massage that we were happy to organize for you,

Thank You for highly recommending us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My partner and i stayed at the BYD lofts for 2 nights in February 2012. I cannot say a bad thing about these apartments they really are outstanding and impressive , the food was amazing , the accommodation and the grounds are immaculate and i would recommend anyone going to Patong to stay here. The staff are excellent and we enjoyed every minute of our stay and didn't want to leave. We will definitely be back !!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Guest,

It is very satisfying to read that you cannot say a bad thing about our apartments as you thought they were outstanding and impressive and that you would highly recommend us.

It is also great to know that you did not want to leave and that you will definitely be back.

Alex Bressers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
The Pavilions Phuket
The Pavilions Phuket
#4 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!