“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #1 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Traveled to Phuket with a friend for a much needed mini-vacation from business in Taipei. Unlike most of these reviews, I did not utilize the hotel taxi service from the airport, however, I've heard nothing but positive things about that service so if you don't feel comfortable being bombarded by taxi drivers at Phuket International Airport, I highly recommend you do that. Having made arrangements beforehand, this was not an issue. Anyways, upon arrival at BYD Lofts, you'll receive a fresh towel and complimentary beverage as they check you in; this was greatly appreciated as the weather during the summer months is very hot. I stayed in a two bedroom grande deluxe apartment with my friend which was great because it gave each of us our own bedroom. The apartment is perfectly clean, very spacious, and extremely comfortable (from the couch, to the lounge chairs, to the plush beds which seemed to have an unlimited supply of pillows). The apartment also came with a fully equipped kitchen so if cooking is your thing (it is for me, but not on vacation) then this place would definitely work for you. Breakfast also comes included with your stay and the spread is decent, the usual array of pastries + fresh fruit + eggs etc. For the most part, I had pre-planned this trip with various activities including scuba diving, catching a muay thai fight, riding elephants etc. but the reception desk has plenty of brochures listing these activities and they can easily be set up through the hotel. In my case, the reception desk called my room every time a shuttle may have arrived to take me to those activities, which I found helpful. The hotel is located within a 5 minute walk to Patong beach so beach access is not a problem. At the same time, you get a certain level of privacy as the hotel sits on a quiet side street off the main road that leads to the beach. The hotel also has a rooftop pool which unfortunately I never got a chance to see or use, but if its maintained like the rest of the hotel, I'm sure its nice. All and all, this was my first experience with an apartment style hotel accommodation and I can assure that when in Patong beach, it won't be my last.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Basrah, Al Basrah, Iraq
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Started with a great ride from the airport to the hotel. Had a wonderful stay at BYD Lofts, the staff was awesome. Coordinated all my events prior to my arrival. The room was perfect, full kitchen, balcony, living room, amazing bathroom with shower and separate tub. The food was amazing. The pool was very refreshing. I can not say enough good things about the hotel and staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel this is.
Arrived at airport and had a lovely chap awaiting us. Told us to wait a couple mins whilst he went and fetched the car (Merc CLS) I requested for this and paid 1400THB normal taxi is around 800-1200 depending on who u get so probably worth it. Sat in luxury offered us a cold towel and a cold water which was just wat we needed. The airport is approx an hour drive from the airport but you will not notice with the scenic route taken!
On arrival we were swiftly checked in and as it was my wifes 30th we were given a 1 bed apartment on the gith floor just opposite reception.
ROOM: Absolutely fantastic ever amenity u need and looks like a sleek city flat. Ours had a kitchen, lounge, bedroom and balcony.
LOCATION: 5 min walk from Patong beach 7-10 min walk from Bangla road and if u rent a scooter you can go anyhere you like. We travelled to the Tiger Kingdom and Elephant Trekking place all by scooter!

HAPPY HOUR: 7-8pm everyday & 10-11pm - great Mojitos, we got carried away lol!!

ROOFTOP POOL - Lovely peacful and clean

Overall an outstanding place to stay will defo return again in the future

WE <3 BYD

SANDEEP & REENA

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Sandeep S
singapore
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Despite the high rating, was a little apprehensive because of reviews from folks who had problems. I found it to be well designed, modern and clean. We were pleasantly surprised to get an upgrade to the Grand Deluxe! Beautiful 100sqm apartment with full kitchen, lounging sofa in the living room, comfy bed with a variety of pillows and a nice, bright bathroom with a tub. I slept well - no street noise to contend with.
Pool on the 4th level was a little small; just 8 people there would make it seem crowded.
On the few occasions that we had business at the reception, all went well under the supervision of a competent Khun Kek. Harry was also friendly & helpful with directions and suggestions. We didn't have any other meal there except for breakfast and I particularly enjoyed the pancake (done crepe style) at breakfast. You get cereals, bread, yoghurt & juices at the buffet. And you choose the hot items from a list - eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, waffle, pancake, salad, etc. Definitely enough to fill you up and get you ready for the day.
Meters from BYD is the Sandwich Shoppe - not a bad choice for lunch (with free wifi). Take a left at the end of the street and walk a few minutes to a stretch of local shops, restaurants and of course, Bangla Road and Jungceylon. Didn't try any of the massage places along the road. Walked a little way more to Montra Traditional Thai Massage, next to the food court at the basement of Jungceylon. Had foot massage (THB250 for 60min) one day and the aroma massage (THB700 for 90min) the next. Would still choose to walk to Montra. They were good and professional. Environment was clean and pleasant.
Take a right at the end of the street from BYD and you'll get to Patong Beach, again in a matter of minutes. The 'bus stop' for the blue bus to Phuket Town is right there along the beach. Costs THB30 each; was a pleasant ride. The bus goes from Patong - Central Festival - Phuket Town. If you plan to go to the weekend market, get off at the Central Festival and it's a 10-15minute walk from there. We made the mistake of going all the way to Phuket town and had to share a local taxi with another couple also going to the weekend market and paid an extra THB50 each. Last bus departs from Phuket Town at 6pm so it'll be safe if you get back to the bus stop opposite Central Festival by 6pm.
If you have a late flight like I did, you can still have a shower even after checking out. They have a small shower room round the corner from the reception. Took the BYD car transfer to airport. It was a comfortable ride in the hands of a safe driver. Chilled mineral water was provided. Paid a premium (THB1300) but was a lovely end to a great break.
What more could I wish? For a start, more reliable WiFi connection; couldn't connect most part of the second day. Also lost TV signals. Though I must say they sent someone round real quick to fix it. Secondly, better quality shampoo & conditioner. Last but not least, diffuse some essential oil when they come for the turn-down service. These small details wouldn't put you off making a reservation here but would make a difference in the enjoyment of the hotel.
Asking too much? Probably ;)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SPSY
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed at BYD Lofts last year and was so satisfied I stayed there again this year. To my surprise, we got the same room we stayed in last year which is the 160 square meter, 2-bedroom, 2-bath room (same room number.) Once again, everything was perfect! The room is large and modern with modern amenities. The patio wraps around and offers a large outdoor seating area. I love the floor to ceiling windows. The rooftop pool is cold and quiet and offers poolside service (although you have to use the phone to call in your order.)

I'm happy to see they have installed a TV in the 2nd bedroom which was not there last year. The kitchen is functional but the microwave couldn't get enough juice to make popcorn. I love the flatscreen TV's, the bose surround system, the large couch, everything is perfect at this place.

The restaurant and bar are just as nice. We got to meet Hans, one of the owners who is a very nice gentleman.

Great place to stay. The only drawback is that there are no views other than the other adjacent buildings. Still, I will be staying here next year!

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom can easily accommodate four people or more.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights here in July. Rooms are very nice and bed is comfortable. Had a few issues while we were here. Upon check-in we were told we would have to change rooms after our second night because of another reservation for the room. Not a huge deal but not fun to pack up and move in the middle of the stay. Neither of the rooms were super clean. Internet was very inconsistent. Air conditioning went out in the bedroom on the first night. The hotel had it back up about an hour after I contacted the front desk.

The hotel is located on a quiet street which was very nice. Will probably look elsewhere on my next visit to Patong.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Justin S
Singapore
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Just came back from a 5 night stay at BYD Lofts (couple and a 15 month baby). The staff did everything they could to make our stay comfortable (special thanks to Kek from the frontdesk, Luck from housekeeping). And the ladies at the breakfast were lovely...taking care of our kiddo, entertaining him and making small chat with him.

The location is in a quieter and saner side of Patong. And if one craves the insanity, it is only a 12 min walk away! As for the rooms, they are exactly how you see them on the website - very modern and comfortable. Room service is super quick (never took more than 10 min) and delicious.

This is the only place in Phuket I am staying in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Nap Patong
#8 of 322 in Patong
Navatara Phuket Resort
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!