Ranked #1 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in December 2013.This hotel standard rooms are among the best I have ever stayed in. Actually it is more an apartment because you get living room with kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. The decor is in minimalistic design and if you like this kind of home interior you will feel like home. My only complaint was that one of my aircons leaked water and for that reason you sometimes got up to a small pond in the bathroom/bedroom. However the hotel staff very quickly there to try and fix it. But I had to point out this problem 3 times after the staff thought the problem was solved. So 3 days out of 6 I came home to this problem or noticed it in the night when I got wet feet from getting out of bed.

Pros:
Size of rooms/apartments
Very friendly staff
Restaurant – nice and lovely food with daily specials
Wine shop with nice offers
Beds are excellent

Cons:
Pool is a little small with only few sun beds available
No gym in hotel
If you are the party going type it might be a little off from the action at Bangla Road
Bad smell of sewer on some times during the day/night at the toilet

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Frog200333,

Thank you very much for sharing the constructive and helpful suggestions with us. Because of feedbacks like this that help us develop at all time, assuring that we live up to your expectations and bring the best staying experience in Patong.

Your feedback of our Pros and Cons will be shared within the team immediately.

At BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, we provide fitted European kitchen equipped with quality appliance in all room types, spacious terrace with outdoor furniture and the best sleep comfort you could possibly find in town, together with exclusive rooftop pool and BYD Bar & Bistro, Wine Connection outlet in house.

With all these qualities that put us to top choice among business traveler and sophisticated long term stayer who look for their home away from home in Patong.

It is very impressive to know that throughout your 5 nights stay, you liked our room so much that you remarked us as one of the best you’ve ever stayed in.

We look forward to your next visit and assure you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,
Alex Bressers

BYD LOFTS Boutique hotel & Serviced Apartments.

There are newer reviews for BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel as the last hotel in a great fun island hop tailor made for us by Andaman Sky. We also went to stay at the Houben hotel on Koh Lanta and the Mercure Deevana hotel in Ao Nang. The best of these was the BYD Lofts, which we thought was awesome, particularly the food (best pad thai in Phuket, I reckon).

God fun to stay on Phuket for a while, but recommend you don’t stay too long, as the other places we went to were better. The service at the BYD was friendly and the typical Thai smiles were in abundance, the food was great and the room we had was pretty luxurious, certainly good value for money for what we got.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harrymarks

Dear harrymarks,

Greetings from BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments!

Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts on staying with us.

We are impressed by your appreciation of our BYD hospitality and upscale property.

It was wonderful to know you enjoyed your time in Phuket with us as a part of your memorable experience.

Wish you all the best and looking forward to being at your service again with your return trip to Patong.

Alex Bressers

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

If you want to stay in the heart of Patong, you won't find a nicer place than BYD. Excellent service, high tech, modern, clean place with plenty of room for comfort. Also very nice that they pick you up from the airport which is about 45 min away from the hotel.

We are currently staying at BYD on the 5th floor and it's set on a nice quiet street convenient to taxi and laundry services.

Car services through BYD are a bit expensive, try using the taxi service right next door to the BYD building that is across the street from the main building with the restaurant.

Beach is within walking distance, but keep in mind Patong Beach is crowded. If you are visiting Phuket for nightlife and convenient access to activities and the city, this is the only place I would stay. If you are looking for quiet beach time, I would look into something like Le Meridien which has it's own private beach but is away from the city area.

All in all, if being close to the action is what you want, and you're looking for high end, BYD is the place to stay!

Stayed: January 2014

Dear KMunsell,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments.

We are glowing to know that you are enjoying your time here and especially with

Location, Space of the property and excellent service received from our BYD crafted guest care team.

Regarding our BYD Lofts taxi service, we consider that we are offering the alternative taxi option in case our guests prefer to have luxurious Mercedes Benz CLS Class or Mercedes Benz Cabrio over tuk tuk transportation in Patong.

We very much appreciate your kind compliments and recommendation for Patong visitor looking for High-End place to stay. It’s been our honor to serve you.

Best regards,

Alex Bressers,

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel and Serviced apartments.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The decision to head to Phuket for a holiday for last minute so finding a hotel was quite a challenge. We were lucky to chance upon BYD Lofts and they had 1 last 2 bedroom apartment left. We read the excellent reviews that were given by all and we were sold! We had a bad experience with the van driver whom we booked from the airport and this did not help as we were already delayed in Singapore due to a technical glitch. So arriving some 3 hours later than originally scheduled was dampening all 3 kids mood including me. When we arrived, we were a bit skeptical - basically because surrounding areas were still under construction. But after being shown to our room everything bad was completely forgotten. We ooohed & ahhhed at the space and the decor. We loved the hospitality and the helpfulness of the staff, especially Nate - she was great and such a great help! My only gripe was that the master bathroom had no doors and that there was a lack of rails to hang wet clothes or swimming costumes in the bathroom and on the balcony. But that aside, we loved the place, the convenience - it was near this fantastic seafood restaurant called Friendly Seafood located just along the main road. The food was good and cheap. With wine connection just downstairs and the vouchers that BYD Lofts gave, we enjoyed many a bottle of wines and cheese & meat platters. I've have been recommending BYD to friends and will not hesitate to stay here again. My teenage kids all didn't want to leave and wanted to just stay on. Maybe the only thing that could be improved would be the breakfast spread. After 4 days, we got a bit tired of the food but that was a small thing that we can overlook. The kitchen aircon vent decided to leak on the last day of our stay and the engineers could not do anything about it. So we had to have the aircon off in the kitchen & living - thankfully it was cool enough.

On the whole, great job on keeping such a fantastic establishment in Phuket. I hope you continue to maintain this level of standard in the years to come! Thank you again for the hospitality extended to us!

Room Tip: Higher floors had a much better view and less noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Monique97,

Greetings from a very sunny day from Patong Beach, Phuket!

Thank you so much for tanking your precious time writing your feedback and let us know how the experience of staying with BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments is like.

It seemed that eventually things turned out to be a very fun holiday for you and your family. So wonderful that BYD Lofts have become part of your lovely family’s memory.

When you tell us that once you saw our room and you “ooohed & ahhhed” because of the beauty and space we provided, this made all of us smile ear to ear.

24/7 Full efforts are put on our people, reflecting in our genuine and professional service from staff.

Thank you so much for all your kind words of appreciation which have already been shared with our team especially “Nate”.

We promise our dear guests to live up to our reputation and strive to exceed our guests’ expectations with every passing year.

BYD Lofts looks forward to welcoming you back again as our regular guests,

We wish you and your family to be healthy, happy and glowing as you always are.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I've visited Phuket many times, and have always avoided Patong because it seems quite noisy and congested with people. After reading the reviews of BYD Lofts, I decided to give the area a chance, and I couldn't have been happier with my decision. The hotel is set right off the main street, so I had all the convenience with none of the chaos. The beach is about a 5 minute walk, the breakfast is amazing, the staff is accommodating and friendly, the rooms are modern and clean, and the hotel has an in-house wine shop! What more could anyone ask for!? Hats off to the proprietors of this fine establishment.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear jblaize,

Thank you for posting a delightful review of your stay at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments.

We are always most pleased to hear great feedback regarding our top class customer service, accommodation and location.

The hotel is situated in walking distance of many of Patong’s attractions, perfect for combining lively active day out with the peaceful oasis back at the hotel by the end of the day, enjoying Happy Hour Drinks at BYD Bar & Bistro or benefit from regular promotion at our own Wine Connection outlet!

We really appreciate your kind compliments and look forward to extending you a warm welcome on your return trip to Patong.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at BYD Lofts for 15 nights and highly recommend staying here. Clean, modern apartments with good facilities and friendly helpful staff.

Situated in a quiet location, one block off the main road. Close to the beach.
Laundry, 24hour convenience store and pharmacy close by.

I had no problems at all during my stay. I expected it to be good after reading reviews before I chose to stay here, and all expectations were met. The staff appear intent on ensuring your stay is hassle free and that their hotel, restaurant and facilities are maintained to a very high standard. I like the way Harry keeps things running smoothly.

ROOMS -

I stayed in S202 in the building opposite the reception. The room was excellent. Bright, clean contemporary apartment with quality fittings throughout. Very comfy bed. The room was well cleaned daily, with towels, fresh fruit and bottled water provided.

I extended my holiday by a few days and was upgraded to a larger suite on floor three of the main building. This room was spectacular and although the furniture and fittings appeared slightly more worn than my previous room the set-up was really superb.

FOOD/RESTAURANT -

The food in the BYD restaurant was the best I had during my time in Patong. I had my lunch and dinner here on a few occasions and was very impressed with everything I chose. In the evening the restaurant had a very relaxed friendly atmosphere. On a couple of occasions they had live music and that was very good too.

I had dinner in my room with friends on one occasion and again the food was great and the service superb. A friend who had dinner with me also commented on the food.

My room rate included breakfast which was fine, a good buffet selection and made-to-order omelettes, bacon etc. And fresh fruit juice, coffee or tea.

The restaurant staff were always very nice, they genuinely appeared to be interested in how your holiday was going and were always friendly and polite. Thanks especially to James, Jessica, Janet and Nicole.

Overall I am delighted I decided to stay at BYD Lofts. I loved it here. Everyone from reception staff to the room maids were very friendly and helpful.

I intent to travel to Phuket again. I'm not desperate to be based in Patong, but most likely will go there so I can stay in BDY Lofts.

Graham

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank GrahamDunbarton

Dear Graham,

Greetings from BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments!

Delivering the most memorable experiences to our guests has always been our motto since the day that BYD Lofts commenced on its momentous journey.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It is so wonderful to know that you had the full 15 fantastic nights with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the serenity of our lofts which location is in fact the ideal place for a perfect sanctuary and just 5 minutes away from the famous Patong beach.
Basically everything you need is at hand, yet secluded from the busy tourist hub of Patong.

Your kind praise on BYD crafted guest care team and Harry, our Hotel Manager is much appreciated and this has been shared with them.
We promise to keep serving you with heart in first class standard that only our unique guests deserve.

And to know you have become a raving fan of BYD Bar & Bistro really made us blooming with joy.
Because of our knowledgeable guests that makes us work even harder to create a great culinary experience for them.

We arrange every Sunday night Live Music & BBQ session. And coming up with more special fine dining events in the future which will be regularly announced
on our facebook page and on our website.

We wish you all the best on this New Year and looking forward to be at your service in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was my first visit to Phuket and choose this hotel based on all the positive reviews it had received. I stayed at BYD Lofts for 8 wonderful nights in early November. The minute I arrived at the hotel I was treated like royalty by their courteous staff. Upon arrival I was offered a complementary cocktail which great after travelling for 25 hours. The staff knew me by name immediately and did for the duration of my trip. All the staff members were amazingly attentive and always smiling. Due to work, I spend more time in Hotels than I spend at home, and BYD Lofts felt like a home away from home. The rooms were modern and large, and very well maintained. The balconies are nice for morning tea, and a great place to relax in the evenings. Breakfast was excellent every day. The staff greeted me every morning by name and were always quite enthusiastic and always smiling. The restaurant managed to always remembered what I would order on a daily basis, and service was always prompt. I am looking forward to my next trip and have already recommended this hotel to my colleagues and friends. A credit to management and staff.

The hotel itself is located in a small quiet alley. The location is ideal due to its closeness to the beach, 5 min walk. Bangla and Jungceylon 12 min.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear DeeDon555,

Thank yo so much for taking your precious time sharing your generous feedback of your 8 wonderful nights business stay with us on Trip Advisor.

It sounds like you really impressed with BYD accommodation so much that you remarked us as your home away from home!

BYD Lofts Boutique hotel & Serviced Apartments is famous for its spacious, air flowing apartment of the size from 65 Sqm. - 160 Sqm.
with spacious Terrace and Outdoor Furniture that is wonderful for relaxation.

Breakfast buffet is a delightful experience at BYD Lofts with the extensive selection of food, fruit juices, amazing coffee, bakery and chef's special daily.

Our staff are professional hoteliers with the touch of genuine, warm personality and we sincerely appreciate your kind noticing.

We wish you’re enjoying your time wherever you are. Hope to welcome you and your beloved ones back as our regular guests with your next visit to Patong.

Alex Bressers

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!