Ranked #1 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Phenomenal”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My friend suggested I stay at this hotel so I booked it without thinking too much about it at the time. Some places look far better and bigger in their photos than in reality, however with this hotel what you see is what you get. Spacious apartment rooms that are beautifully and tastfully furnished and I was just blown away when the friendly staff gave me an explanation on where everything was and how everything worked.
The staff were really outstanding, I was guided through my apartment and then through the bar, restaurant, wine shop and roof top pool. Everything was perfect, I really can't thank my friend enough for recommending this hotel as it made my holiday so enjoyable.
I would like to make a special mention to Nate and Kek who work on the front desk, they helped me with directions, sight seeing suggestions and made me feel like I was a VIP everytime I came or went from the hotel.
There is free WiFi and free access to the hotel's own lap top which came in really handy for me and a large TV and DVD player in the living room.
I would highly recommend BYD Lofts accomadation to anyone who is seeking a fantastic place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 80sq apartment, more room than I needed, fantastic
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Marc W,

Thank you for writing us the review of your phenomenal stay at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments.

Knowing that you had a vey enjoyable holiday in Patong with BYD Lofts as your personal assistant is really precious, especially your kind thoughts on our VIP class of service and that our rooms featured all that one needs! Your feedback for Nate and Kek will surely be shared to them and also within our BYD crafted guests care team for encouragement.

Plus one more very important point we would like to emphasise from your comment, is that BYD Lofts property’s photos shown on our website are highly proved by visited guests that they truly are “what you see is what you get”.

Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another unforgettable stay!

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 January 2014

RECOMMENDED: This is my 3rd stay at this property and good to see the same staff since the first stay. Alex in the backroom and Hans keeping watch out front. BYD continues to expand on this quiet block as they rehab other nearby building and just a few feet from the beat of Patong.

Rooms are quite comfortable and large. This is a city hotel so you're not on the beach (10 minute walk to touristy Patong beach) but close to my favorite Oriental spa/massage just 3 minute walk and very nice). Our returns are mostly due to the nice room, quiet but central location, friendly staff and quick respond to special requests and eager to help make a reservation. Definitely get the airport pick-up/return.

On the downside, I'm continually disappointed in the restaurant (it's a nice open air place attractive enough). One dish arrived stone cold (Pad Thai sitting under the heat lamp turns quickly into a glob, it was quickly replaced) and the rest of lunch was simply pedestrian fare. Typical Thai, not bad, but not good either. the bar is active but not noisy in the evening and a nice drink before dinner. Breakfast unfortunately has remained uninspiring and the staff turn the music volume up (just what you want in the morning). I complain, they turn it down, but impacts the image I think the owners want you to have.

I prefer this hotel type to a resort style where you truly have to work to leave. Despite the small nits, I never hesitate to return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank roadwarrior30
Dear roadwarrior30,

It has always been our pleasure to continue receiving feedback from our regular guests. Thank you so much for commenting us.

We promise to keep up the top class standard and improve as you recommended.

It is so nice to hear your wonderful comments complimenting our spacious, nice, quiet rooms, and we are happy to hear your comments regarding our staff, that they were very helpful and always prompt to assist with warm hospitality.

We all appreciate your ongoing patronage and look forward to welcoming your lovely family back to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments on your next visit to Patong.

Warm regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Absolutely 5 Star accomodation close to everything in Patong but isolated enough to enjoy some peace & quiet.
Stayed for 6 nights end of December 2013.
Stayed in the newly opened apartment block opposite main building & although because of building delays there were a few minor issues with the building, the staff went overboard to ensure everything was done to ensure a wondeful stay.
Third time i have stayed at BYD & nearly all the staff are still the same which is a tribute to management.
Rooms are spacious & well furnished with quality fittings which makes BYD equivelant to a 5 star hotel in Australia.
Absolutely recommend BYD to anyone travelling to Patong looking for quality accomodation.

Dear GraemeAussie,

Thank you for your wonderful review posted on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the exciting newly opened building of BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments!

We are grateful for your understanding and proud to learn that our BYD crafted guest care team was successful in ensuring you to feel comfortable and well looked after.

We had marvellous time enjoying your company and glowing personality at BYD Lofts very much. Definitely looking forward to being at your service again in the near future!

Alex Bressesrs,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My friend and I stayed here in Nov 2013....a great hotel/ apartment with great amenities. Staff were lovely & helpful and made us feel really welcome - even remembering our names and where we had sat in the restaurant the night before and offering us the same table.
The room was clean, bright and had free wifi and I pod dock and free water daily.
Sadly if you are looking for paradise in Patong, you're not going to find it....it's basically Benidorm in Thailand!! Our first day was a Sunday and a walk down the main strip was a nightmare, you can't even glance at a shop/stall without being hassled, the streets were full of dirty sewage and splashed through the pavement as you walked....as soon as we hit the beach front we were constantly harassed to get sunbeds. After a lovely week in Chiang Mai it was a complete contrast. The only saviour was the hotel felt like you weren't in the hell hole but we ended up booking a 2 night trip to Phi Phi island just to get away from the area.
We did take a trip to freedom beach but even this was a bit of a pain....the men organising the boats to the island wanted 1700 baht each when first asked...we said we'd think about it and he sent a teenage boy to follow us all the way down the beach then offered us it for 1000 each. To be honest we did feel a little threatened by them...
It's a shame that this amazing hotel is in such a horrible place....however if you're the type who doesn't mind a holiday full of bars and tacky shops and a beach - I would definitely recommend it...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Tinie_T,

We are always happy to hear back from our guests. Thank you so much for sharing with us your splendid BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments experience.

Patong is one of the place on earth that has its very own big personality, therefore it is natural that this has provoked various feelings from visitors and the world's eyes.

Love it or hate it, Patong is for sure to be visited in one's life.

We are sorry that you had difficulty in travelling to other parts of the island and wish to help changing that.
Normally our guests can have our BYD concierge at the lobby help recommend and arrange the trip that is reliable and safe.

However, we are glad that you significantly enjoyed spending time at our hotel because of the clean, bright apartment and our BYD service from the heart.

It was our privileges to be at your service. We hope to host you again with top class service, when you feel like giving Patong another try!

Alex Bressers,

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Service Apartments.
Denmark
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in December 2013.This hotel standard rooms are among the best I have ever stayed in. Actually it is more an apartment because you get living room with kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. The decor is in minimalistic design and if you like this kind of home interior you will feel like home. My only complaint was that one of my aircons leaked water and for that reason you sometimes got up to a small pond in the bathroom/bedroom. However the hotel staff very quickly there to try and fix it. But I had to point out this problem 3 times after the staff thought the problem was solved. So 3 days out of 6 I came home to this problem or noticed it in the night when I got wet feet from getting out of bed.

Pros:
Size of rooms/apartments
Very friendly staff
Restaurant – nice and lovely food with daily specials
Wine shop with nice offers
Beds are excellent

Cons:
Pool is a little small with only few sun beds available
No gym in hotel
If you are the party going type it might be a little off from the action at Bangla Road
Bad smell of sewer on some times during the day/night at the toilet

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Frog200333,

Thank you very much for sharing the constructive and helpful suggestions with us. Because of feedbacks like this that help us develop at all time, assuring that we live up to your expectations and bring the best staying experience in Patong.

Your feedback of our Pros and Cons will be shared within the team immediately.

At BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, we provide fitted European kitchen equipped with quality appliance in all room types, spacious terrace with outdoor furniture and the best sleep comfort you could possibly find in town, together with exclusive rooftop pool and BYD Bar & Bistro, Wine Connection outlet in house.

With all these qualities that put us to top choice among business traveler and sophisticated long term stayer who look for their home away from home in Patong.

It is very impressive to know that throughout your 5 nights stay, you liked our room so much that you remarked us as one of the best you’ve ever stayed in.

We look forward to your next visit and assure you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,
Alex Bressers

BYD LOFTS Boutique hotel & Serviced Apartments.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel as the last hotel in a great fun island hop tailor made for us by Andaman Sky. We also went to stay at the Houben hotel on Koh Lanta and the Mercure Deevana hotel in Ao Nang. The best of these was the BYD Lofts, which we thought was awesome, particularly the food (best pad thai in Phuket, I reckon).

God fun to stay on Phuket for a while, but recommend you don’t stay too long, as the other places we went to were better. The service at the BYD was friendly and the typical Thai smiles were in abundance, the food was great and the room we had was pretty luxurious, certainly good value for money for what we got.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harrymarks
Dear harrymarks,

Greetings from BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments!

Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts on staying with us.

We are impressed by your appreciation of our BYD hospitality and upscale property.

It was wonderful to know you enjoyed your time in Phuket with us as a part of your memorable experience.

Wish you all the best and looking forward to being at your service again with your return trip to Patong.

Alex Bressers

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

If you want to stay in the heart of Patong, you won't find a nicer place than BYD. Excellent service, high tech, modern, clean place with plenty of room for comfort. Also very nice that they pick you up from the airport which is about 45 min away from the hotel.

We are currently staying at BYD on the 5th floor and it's set on a nice quiet street convenient to taxi and laundry services.

Car services through BYD are a bit expensive, try using the taxi service right next door to the BYD building that is across the street from the main building with the restaurant.

Beach is within walking distance, but keep in mind Patong Beach is crowded. If you are visiting Phuket for nightlife and convenient access to activities and the city, this is the only place I would stay. If you are looking for quiet beach time, I would look into something like Le Meridien which has it's own private beach but is away from the city area.

All in all, if being close to the action is what you want, and you're looking for high end, BYD is the place to stay!

Stayed January 2014
Dear KMunsell,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments.

We are glowing to know that you are enjoying your time here and especially with

Location, Space of the property and excellent service received from our BYD crafted guest care team.

Regarding our BYD Lofts taxi service, we consider that we are offering the alternative taxi option in case our guests prefer to have luxurious Mercedes Benz CLS Class or Mercedes Benz Cabrio over tuk tuk transportation in Patong.

We very much appreciate your kind compliments and recommendation for Patong visitor looking for High-End place to stay. It’s been our honor to serve you.

Best regards,

Alex Bressers,

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel and Serviced apartments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Nap Patong
#8 of 322 in Patong
Navatara Phuket Resort
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!