“Superb Luxury Apartments”

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 333 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was my second time staying at BYD. Previously stayed in larger apartment, this time in a smaller version. Still felt very spacious and is well appointed and with all amenities you could require. Clean and bright, highly recommended. Is an easy walk to beach, main shopping and entertainment areas of Patong. Would definitely return.

1  Thank DavyCams
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear DavyCams,

First of all, we thank you for taking the time to post this nice review on the Byd Lofts Boutique Hotel & Apartments.

It has been a great pleasure for us welcoming you a second time. We are also very happy to hear that every apartment that you have stayed in responded to your requests.

We will definitely welcome you for your next stay!

Kind regards,

Alex Bressers

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed there in April for a short holiday. Looked in TripAdvisor and this one was voted number one in Patong. I have to say that it most likely is - if you are looking for something more quiet, and less like a big resort style accommodation. BYD Lofts I believe has 3 or 4 separate buildings meanwhile, and I stayed on the most recent one. Had an own restaurant/bar area on the ground floor, and its own reception desk, and own little pool behind the restaurant.
Rooms are modern, big enough, and have a small balcony where you can sit outside if you like. Two flat screen TV's, separate bath/washroom, and kitchenette in the living room if you like to prepare your own meal - including coffee machine and some free of charge bottled water.
Always include breakfast, as the breakfast buffet and particularly the staff there are worthwhile spending some extra money. All staff are very friendly and helpful, yet leave you the space needed and are not pushy at all and not constantly try to sell more to you - exactly the style I like when traveling.
If coming to Patong again, I would definitely consider BYD Lofts again, the price is reasonable for what you get - it is not cheap, but probably compared to other offers in town the quality and service level is better. It is a footwalk away to the beach, and to other attractions like Jungceylon shopping mall, to busy Bangla Road for entertainment at night, yet it is located in a rather quiet side street, and while no gym, it boasts a separate wine shop with good selection and ambiente.

Room Tip: I like more quiet upper floor rooms, facing the backyard/pool. That's what I got, and can higly...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear GeoGameSL_11,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of your recent stay at Byd Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments.

We are delighted to see that you really liked our interior decoration and the apartment setup.
We are also glad to hear from you that our lovely staff took good care of you during your stay.

We hope to seeing you very soon and we will be more than happy welcoming you again!

Kind regards,

Alex Bressers

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Myself and my partner have stayed here two years in a row now and will definitely be booking to come back next April. This is by far the best serviced apartments we have stayed in Thailand and the World. Staff are always friendly, the rooms are stunning, the pool is always quiet and the location is perfect. If I could live here, then I would! See you next April!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We spent a fortnight here and never regretted a day! Our serviced apartment was spotless and kept that way by the super friendly staff. Staff in all areas of the hotel were superb. A capsule style coffee machine was a real bonus and even a little extra like two free bottles of water a day helped make our stay very enjoyable. The pool, although located across the road from our apartments is just all you need. The location is handy to the beach road or 2nd Road (as the tourists call it) and we walked almost every where we went because of the 200 baht minimum tuk tuk charge. It's about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the huge Jungceylon shopping centre and a bit shorter to Bangla Road. Good family massage shops are on the same road as the hotel and if your breakfast is included in your room rate, the breakfast buffet is fabulous.There's a lot of things that might sway us off coming back to Patong, but this hotel is not one of them. It doesn't have a fitness centre and if soft pillows are not to your liking, just ask and they'll replace them with firm ones; I wish I hadn't waited until check out to find that out! 4.5 Stars in my opinion. There's a great wine shop beside the hotel as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeithJ23
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is so nice and the service is very good. All the people there are very nice and the location is very good. Very close to the beach. We checked out at 4/26 1200PM but they provided us shower room and towels after we went to the beach at night. They are just so nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Booked a room here for two nights at the end of my stay in Thailand. Booked it purely on the reviews I read from here, and I'm so glad I did! Usually when I travel, I'll try to stay at different places to see what else is available... I won't be doing that in Patong after staying here!

Upon check-in, we got a fresh, damp towel to clean ourselves up a bit with, and a small cocktail to enjoy while filling out some paper work.. can't complain about that!

They showed us to our room. They own 4 buildings on the block, by the way. We were a bit skeptical when they brought us to room T101, it's on the ground level, right beside the bar, after opening the door and walking in any skepticism was gone. Gorgeous room with a kitchen/living room/bedroom and a sliding glass door to give us our own private access to the pool! (they have two pools, but this one was only used for obviously reasons).

Staff are all very kind and helpful. Didn't run into any issues with any staff members.

Location is good, about a 5 minute walk to the beach, maybe 10 minutes to the mall and Bangla Street. They also have two Mercedes which they offer to drive you in anywhere in Patong (I believe it was 200 Baht to use this). They have airport service in one of the Mercedes, price was 1,800 Baht to Phuket International.

All in all, I'd stay here again without a doubt. Absolutely nothing wrong with any part of my trip here. Their restaurant was also quite delicious, but I'll be writing another review on that separately.

2  Thank fivelitre
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My partner and I stayed from the 5th April to 22nd April.
Everything, and I mean everything was first class.
The staffs at all levels were brilliant from housekeeping, reception, waiting staff & management. It wouldn’t be fair to name a few because everyone working there goes out of their way to make sure you feel welcomed.
Our apartment was huge and cleaned to a very high standard every day.
We loved the restaurant and the staff makes it even better.
Breakfast was lovely each morning (we had 17 of them!!!!)
This was our 4th visit and we will be coming back in Jan 2015.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
The Pavilions Phuket
The Pavilions Phuket
#4 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!