“Our 'second home'”

Ranked #77 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Wisbech,England
“Our 'second home'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2008

We have just come back from yet another superb holiday at the Royal Phawadee Village. My husband first stayed there in January 2006 when construction was at its height after the tsunami and very few rooms were available, but even then was impressed with the standards of the Hotel. I went back with him at Christmas 2006 and was blown away with the beauty of the place. The traditional Thai accommodation set among the trees was breathtaking. We were treated so well and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Without fail they were courteous and helpful, from the Reception to the Restaurant to the Office to the Laundry to the Room staff and of course the drivers. The food in the Mae Naam restaurant was first class and the live evening entertainment wonderful.
Christmas 2007 was equally superb and New Year's Eve was a memory that will live with me forever. After a sumptuous feast at the Hotel during which there was great live entertainment, we went down onto the beach to see in the New Year. Fireworks at midnight was a fantastic end to one year and a brilliant start to another.
We have just returned from another visit to our 'second home' . I love this place so much that I'm already counting down the weeks until we go again at Christmas by which time the new restaurant will be completed. It promises to be really stunning.
I would heartily recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants something a little different that will spoil them for 'just another ordinary ' hotel.
I haven't included any photos as they would be just like those on the website.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Having to leave it and come home
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaggieG8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

Stayed here end of June and the beginning of July. A constuction site that was so loud it hurt my ears. I asked to move 2 days later. They gave me a bungalow room in the back of the very nice village complex. I was much happier with my stay- UNTIL I came back from a trip that this hotel set up to Phi Phi Island. I had 3000 baht more in my wallet/passport holder- in safe- than when I returned. I found these skull and cross bone sandles at the foot of the stairs leading to the only room -mine -at the top of them. I had to ask the front desk for a spare key when I returned from this trip- as I had placed my key in another pair of shorts, and couldn't find them immediately. When I found the key I returned it in less than 5 minutes. The sandles/ flip flops were gone???The lady who helped me enter the room with the hotel's key also saw these sandles/flip- flops. I did not tell management as I found this threatening. This and the loud construction-one night -all night with flood lights- ruined my trip. I will never return.

• Liked — The garden area in the area behind the hotel with bungalows
  • Disliked — Construction and loss of significant money in my safe.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2008

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel in Patong. It really is like a small oasis in amongst Patong. We (myself, husband + 2 children), found the location perfect. A short stroll to the beach directly at the end of the road, with an abundance of good eating spots to choose from. Easy access to shopping, whichever way you choose to turn! We had a great experience from the beginning with Lek picking us up from the airport (mind you the price was fairly steep). We loved the massages available beside the pool area and the children loved the pool. We chose to do a 3hr Phuket tour with Lek, who is very happy and friendly. We had a pavillion room which was fantastic, the children loved the spa bath. My mum and sister had a superior room just across the garden from us which was also pretty good for the price, I think they were pleasantly surprised. The breakfast was standard but all that you need to start the day. The owner of the hotel is very accommodating and very friendly, we got soaked from a heavy downpour and he was quick to get complimentary towels and umbrellas to us to get back to our rooms.

• Liked — The traditional Thai style and the location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Fryer4
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2008

We stayed here for 3 days with our toddler and had a good experience.

The pros:
we paid 3200 baht/night for a room (# 111) that's worth more.
It was spacious, clean, had a big balcony with a view of the pool, and nice decorative touches.
close to the beach (a 5 min walk down the road)
friendly and helpful staff
great interior garden and pool.
All in all a great 4-ish star hotel. Doesn't have the great private beach and facilities of the Amari Coral Beach Resort, but the room is more spacious and it comes at half-price (Amari: 230$/night at least)

The cons: not many. The air conditioner whirred and seemed rather on the noisy side but did its job; the bed was soft and i liked it but my better half thought it shook too easily... not as easy as others to book as you need to e-mail and wait for a reply instead of being able to just click and make the reservation.

To sum up: I loved it and would go back.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Poprolly
Kings Lynn, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2008

We stayed at the Royal Phawadee from 22nd December, 2007 to 2nd January, 2008. This resort is in a superb location, 5 minutes walk from lovely sandy Patong beach and central to many excellant restaurants, bars and shopping areas. Although so central in Phuket once you pass through the fabulous reception area you enter a tropical paradise of tranquility. The hotel was recommended to us by friends who have stayed there a number of times previously and it was all they promised and more.
The front of house, pool and gardens are 5 star quality and La Boucherie and Mae Naem restaurants amonst the best we have eaten in. The breakfast is varied and good value with choice of English, Asian and continental foods.
We had a Deluxe room which in common with the village was a lovely Thai style two storey building on first floor. This building was we understand one of the older (pre Tsunami) rooms and our only negative points were the air conditioning unit was noisy and the room did not include a hair dryer. The rooms were clean and benefitted from maid service daily, fridge was regularly stocked with drinking water.
The compulsory Christmas Eve and New Years Eve gala dinners were unbelievable and entertainment good, certainly amongst our most memorable nights in Thailand.
The hotel staff were without exception all very friendly and went beyond the expected call of duty to oblige. We would recommend this hotel without reservation to anyone for the holday of a lifetime and look forward to returning again ourselves in the near future.

• Liked — Location and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Noisy air conditioning
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teejay55
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2007

Stayed at Royal Phawadee Village during November 2007 in a Pavillion Room. Fabulous Resort with only 34 rooms. Built in traditional Thai style all timber and set amongst beautiful gardens. Our room was a bungalow which was just great. Had heaps of fun with the staff. Lovely pool but not a lot of direct sun light on it at times due to the palm trees. Breakfast was very adequate with some variation daily.

Location is ideal just 150 metres from Patong beach and very close to restaurants and all the entertainment. At the same time it is very quiet in the Resort.

Because it is small maybe not ideal for children but otherwise we had a wonderful holiday there and will go back next November.

Incidentally beach towels and a hair dryer are available at reception.

Not surehow one would rate this place. Suffice to say not 5 star and maybe not 4 star but had a 5 star holiday experience there so I guess that is what matters.

Certainly not expensive given what is on offer. I have stayed in 8 different hotels in Phuket and this is my favourite.

• Liked — Bungalow style set in tropical gardens
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dockerKev
Jedburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2007

This is a great little hotel, the pictures on the web site are exactly what you get. We stayed in the cheapest room and found it more than adequate. The hotel is a real haven and decorated in a traditional Thai style, it is hard to believe you are in amongst the hustle and bustle of Patong's entertainment. Having been to Thailand 14 times in the last 8 years I would have no resevations in recomending this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The Decor
  • Disliked — Breakfast could be improved!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple