“bad time ever”

Ranked #77 of 321 Hotels in Patong
thailand
“bad time ever”
Reviewed 9 April 2009

This is a beauty hotel near the beach and classic thai style,on my ceck in whas everyting perfect,the room is fantastic(i took the pavillion room the most expencive)the next morning we live the hotel for a trip in phuket island,and when we come back 6 hr later,my room is not make up,i ask why and just they tellme o sorry we forget(this is suppose to be a 5 star hotel)never again. Umberto barbieri 8 april 09

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Great location, Staff friendly and polite, Breakfast and room service great... Overall a very good experience..

• Liked — As soon as you walk through reception it was like you are in a tropical oasis.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I have stayed at this hotel year after year and always had a great time. The manager Thanya I now consider a friend.The owner also a hospitable gentleman. Not often you can say this. I highly advise this hotel if going to patong. And for sure me, my family and friends will be back again!!! Kap Koon Kar Phawadee Village

• Liked — I have the same room every year
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008
Perth
Reviewed 12 September 2008

Could not fault this resort in central Patong. Had a great 10 night stay. Even though there is renovations happening (due to be completed by mid October). The staff were brilliant and could not be faulted. Our room was great, large and comfortable. Would recommend to anyone looking for an alternative to a large resort.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Current renovations (note due to be completed by mid October 08)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dust56
Sweden
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Our family, two adults and three children (8,11,14) stayed here for 3 weeks and we loved every day at this hotel. We had one deluxe room and one superior room and the value was good now in low season.

This is a cosy oasis in Patong. Nere everything but yet so private. They had a chauffeur in the hotel who was very sweet and drove us everywhere. Our children loved him!!!

The only thing I could say that wasn´t so good was the construction going on when we lived there but we got used to it. And that new building should be ready in october. I wolud strongly recommend this hotel to anybody!!!

• Liked — The genuin thaistyle!!! The location!!!
  • Disliked — The restaurant wasn´t to good...
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank AnnSweden
Wisbech,England
Reviewed 9 August 2008

We have just come back from yet another superb holiday at the Royal Phawadee Village. My husband first stayed there in January 2006 when construction was at its height after the tsunami and very few rooms were available, but even then was impressed with the standards of the Hotel. I went back with him at Christmas 2006 and was blown away with the beauty of the place. The traditional Thai accommodation set among the trees was breathtaking. We were treated so well and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Without fail they were courteous and helpful, from the Reception to the Restaurant to the Office to the Laundry to the Room staff and of course the drivers. The food in the Mae Naam restaurant was first class and the live evening entertainment wonderful.
Christmas 2007 was equally superb and New Year's Eve was a memory that will live with me forever. After a sumptuous feast at the Hotel during which there was great live entertainment, we went down onto the beach to see in the New Year. Fireworks at midnight was a fantastic end to one year and a brilliant start to another.
We have just returned from another visit to our 'second home' . I love this place so much that I'm already counting down the weeks until we go again at Christmas by which time the new restaurant will be completed. It promises to be really stunning.
I would heartily recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants something a little different that will spoil them for 'just another ordinary ' hotel.
I haven't included any photos as they would be just like those on the website.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Having to leave it and come home
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaggieG8
vermont
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Stayed here end of June and the beginning of July. A constuction site that was so loud it hurt my ears. I asked to move 2 days later. They gave me a bungalow room in the back of the very nice village complex. I was much happier with my stay- UNTIL I came back from a trip that this hotel set up to Phi Phi Island. I had 3000 baht more in my wallet/passport holder- in safe- than when I returned. I found these skull and cross bone sandles at the foot of the stairs leading to the only room -mine -at the top of them. I had to ask the front desk for a spare key when I returned from this trip- as I had placed my key in another pair of shorts, and couldn't find them immediately. When I found the key I returned it in less than 5 minutes. The sandles/ flip flops were gone???The lady who helped me enter the room with the hotel's key also saw these sandles/flip- flops. I did not tell management as I found this threatening. This and the loud construction-one night -all night with flood lights- ruined my trip. I will never return.

• Liked — The garden area in the area behind the hotel with bungalows
  • Disliked — Construction and loss of significant money in my safe.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo