This is a little late in coming but as I'm getting ready to head to Bali for the first time with the same friend, I thought it appropriate to leave a message as TA has been so helpful in booking all my accomodations.
The Royal Phawadee Village is a fantastic stay. It's quite literally 2-5 minutes walk from the beach. The lobby is open air and tastefully decorated in traditional Thai style. No funky smells or over the top decorations, it speaks for itself.
The lobby looks out over the pool which, although unheated, is always clean... and besides who wants to dip into heated water after you've been sweating all day?
We initially booked a pavillion room but when we got there we were told that the room was unavailable. Being that my friend and I have been living in China/Hong Kong for several years now, such changes don't even phase us anymore. If you're picky then you'll easily get annoyed and I generally suggest you don't travel in S.E. Asia...anywhere.
I can't remember the type of room we stayed in, likely a Superior as it was next to the Pavillions.
The rooms are clean and quiet and housekeeping seems particular. All rooms come with an in-room safe that you can programme daily. The staff will show you how to do this.
The beds are nothing spectacular, but when you're just there sleeping does it really matter that much? My friend is quite finicky when it comes to beds, as his bed in Hong Kong is like sleeping on clouds and if he didn't complain, it's unlikely anybody should.
There is free internet in the lobby and breakfast is inclusive with your stay. Don't expect miracles from the breakfast buffet, but I found it was sufficient given that we weren't being charged extra. It's a fairly standard assortment of pastries, fresh fruit (incl. fresh fruit juice) and hot plates... so if you're looking to cure your hangover go down the street and pick up some extremely cheap and delicious satay and bask in the sun.
The staff are extremely hospitable. As with any hotel in S.E. Asia, English is not proficient but most of the staff seemed to have no problem communicating. Though I should note that I have been teaching ESL for 3.5 years in China, so my suggestion is to speak slowly, clearly and use simple sentences. They aren't stupid or deaf, they probably just don't know the words you are using.
Anything that we needed from the hotel was absolutely no problem. It is owned by a French family, so the staff are even able to speak a bit of French. As Canadians, I suppose if English failed us we could have relied on our cloudy French!
We paid extra for a hotel transfer -which is about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from the airport. They had a VERY nice Toyota truck that we've not seen the likes of in North America. The driver was warm and friendly and quite careful, regardless of us being used to the driving standards in Asia.
Apart from breakfast, we never ate at the restaurants on the hotel grounds. Though I'm sure it was delicious, we found that the prices were pricey and there's a lot of other GREAT food out there within walking distance that's much cheaper.
Overall, fantastic stay and would most definitely stay there again. The grounds are fabulous, the staff wonderful, location couldn't have been better, and room was clean and well kept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ROYAL PHAWADEE VILLAGE Sanctuary Resort in Patong Beach Experiencing the unforgettable moment at the heart of the Andaman Sea's pearl at Royal Phawadee Village, Patong Beach Phuket, Thailand. Royal Phawadee Village is located in one of Phuket most famous beaches known as Patong Beach Traditional Thai-style Every room types have the designs and decorations based on Thai-style which you will surely be impressed and most signature and outstanding hotel in Patong Beach Phuket. Peaceful Oasis Patong Beach Resort While enjoying the scenery you might also take a rest at the most our beautiful grassy garden in Phuket where you can sit and relax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Phawadee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Phawadee Village Hotel Patong
- Royal Phawadee Village Patong
- Royal Phawadee Village Phuket/Patong