“Great place”

Ranked #76 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great place”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Stayed at the Royal Phawadee Village ,initially booked a suite but I think it was being refurbished. the room we got was more than adequate and the Hotel was good. Not crowded, quite retreat from the hussle and bussle in the shopping areas. Close to the beach. Not new but clean and tidy and the staff were great. Great massages by the pool.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We had a great stay here for four nights in Jan/Feb 2011. This is a relatively small (only 34 rooms, I think) boutique hotel, and it's designed to be a very peaceful setting with a lot of traditional Thai architecture.

First of all, we arrived at 3:00 am. The hotel's taxi was waiting and whisked us quickly to the hotel where we were wowed by the nice lighting and quietness of the place. We found the free breakfast at the Cafe de France was more than satisfactory -- plenty of bacon, sausage, toast, cereal, eggs, traditional Thai dishes, meats and cheeses, juice, milk, coffee, rolls and cakes, and even an omelet chef who made to order. We had no issues at all with the breakfast. Also, they will deliver breakfast to your room to eat on your patio if you call them 30 minutes in advance to tell them what you want.

On the subject of dining, our Deluxe room also came with vouchers for free bottles of wine at Cafe de France and La Boucherie, as well as discount vouchers for those two restaurants and Mae Naam. I noticed La Boucherie sometimes schedules some special events, and a magician entertained guests there over the weekend we stayed.

The air conditioner in our room worked fine. In fact, we had to turn it off at night to keep from getting too cold, and we didn't have to get an extra key to leave it running while we were out. We never used the fitness room or TV, so can't comment on those. No problems with the shower, either, although it wasn't the monsoon season.

We enjoyed meeting Tanya, who saw w had a reservation for Fantasea and made the effort to come greet us while we waited for the shuttle. She seems like a great lady.

We did have some minor communication difficulty with some of the desk staff, but with a little patience we always managed to get the message across. Their English was much better than our Thai, so it didn't bother us. The only other thing that was less than awesome about the hotel was that our single beds in our Deluxe room were a little short (I suspect they are normal Thai size?) -- I'm am almost six feet tall, and the bed was barely long enough for me. I'm not sure if they have the same issue in the other rooms.

Overall, we had a great stay, and I look forward to booking another stay here on my next visit to Phuket! The location is great -- 250 meters to the beach and close to lots of nightlife, but quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 January 2011

ok,first people need to understand that I'm going to talk about a $200 per day room.Location is great;outside the city is quit ugly so the swimming pool with the tropical garden is just great.
Both restaurant "la Boucherie" and" Cafe de France" are great.The voucher for a free bottle of wine will give you a bottle of red or white from Chile!! (very good one)
Room was big,bed was good.
The internet room is very comfortable and easy of acces.

The bad part:Shower is a cheap one (look like a $10 shower head!!)
I try to use the fitness room ,but some cable broke while I was training..too bad..
TV only display local channel ,german, russian, tv5 (french) no CNN,BBC,HBO etc..
During our last day no hot water at all in our room,my wife did not took her shower before checking out!!
Our room was above the owner flat so early morning we could hear his kid or someone running! (this is a $200 room..)
Ps:at "la boucherie" tartar is great, so chevre chaud and carpacio. :)
Claude the owner is a very friendly and interesting man,so please fix the shower it is important in a weather like that!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 19 January 2011

The hotel itself was great. The rooms were spacious and clean, the grounds were exceptionally nice (you didn't feel like you were right in the middle of noisy Patong!), and the breakfast was great.

The only downfall is the staff. They are friendly but don't speak a word of english, it was very frustrating! It was very difficult asking for directions or even simple things like an iron (which they said they don't have).

But overall good hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I found this jewel on Tripadvisor and for the 1st time ever booked a hotel without knowing too much about it accompanied by my wife and my 18 year old son and his friend. Highlights? So many including spacious, clean aircon rooms, 3 bottles of water free, 3 top class restaurants - excellent quality dirt cheap, discount vouchers at these restaurants, free luxury hotel sguttle anywhere in Patong, 80 metres from Patong beach and 2 streets from main street for nightlife. Only 3 minutes by car or 15 minutes walk to best shopping centre (Jung Ceylon) in Phuket. Cheap, professional massage in hotel and a tropical paradise in the huge grounds of hotel. Staff led by Air, the front manager, extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank AltenHulme
Ludwigshafen, Germany
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I stayed in the Royal Phawadee Village Garden Hotel for 2 weeks. It is absolutely centrally located, quiet, with a wonderful garden environment and built in classic Thai style. Staff is friendly and helpful, but - of course as anywhere - depending on seniority and experience regarding knowledge in English and service attitude on different levels for different staff. My room was spacious and clean, with a nice padio, good for relaxing. The hotel features facilities such as listed below, all in good shape, clean and state of the art. Additional charges as in other hotels in Phuket are - as much as I know - not requested. However, one should be aware that the restricted number of rooms (about 35) will provide a private atmosphere, which I appreciated.

The most important summary: I am happy about my choice and I will come back to Royal Phawadee Village next time in Patong.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank andi-germany
BKKSKMVT
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Yes I will keep on staying here as long as I am visiting Patong. I don't think that there are better hotels than this. The rooms are just perfect and the atmosphere is amazing. You are still in the middle of everything but still away from all the noise and the hecklers. This is my second stay at this hotel which was divided into two cause I went to Island for few days. I left my luggage at the hotel and when I checked back my luggage was already there in my new room.

Miss Tanya never failed me. When I wanted to go to Koh Lanta (Lanta island) she was the one who arranged everything for me and even made sure the driver does not only drop me off at the pier but also gets me on the ferry. All the ladies at the reception were heads over heals to make sure that I made it and I sure did.

The modern rooms, on the other side of the pool/reception are so nice and I think they are a lot nicer than the normal rooms.

There might be some other hotels that have something to offer but the people at the Royal Phawadee Village make this hotel the best there is.

Miss. Tanya (special thanks to you), Miss. Air and all the staff are just amazing. Thank you for making this trip and experience one of a kind. I sure will be looking forward to go back again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo