“Great Place & Great Staff - My Second Home”

Club One Seven Phuket
Ranked #7 of 423 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The place has transformed into a top class accommodation for those with good taste when I stayed there again last week in Patong, Phuket.
It is now fully air-cond with partial glass roof. Making one able to enjoy the sunlight but not to be burnt. With the beautiful deco and the smoothing music, it was such a lovely place to relax everyday after the tiring trips.
Daniel and the team were so friendly that I felt at home again even before I stepped into the lobby. They came to the road to meet us once we got out from the taxi and from then on, we were never feeling alone.
We took the room G002 which was just next to the pool and it was a perfect choice. Besides being so conveniently near the relaxing pool, the room was spacious with wonderful fittings and decorations. The twin body jet shower always made us hard to get out from it while the mirror ceiling made our dreams turned more lovely every night.
Distance to the shopping and foods centre should never bother anyone. There were always taxis and motorcycle taxis waiting at the main door but we always prefered to walk. The shops, restaurants and drinking places along the way will not make one feels the distance. It was always a nice walk of approximately 20 minutes for us.
I will always return to Club One Seven Phuket as our place of stay whenever we visit Patong and I will not hesitate a moment to recommend anyone to the place.
Thanks and keep it up. :-)

Room Tip: The 2 rooms besides the swimming pool will sure beyond one's expectation. The beds on the top f...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank TigerChoo

Reviewed 21 August 2011

It is truly your home away from home ( without the in- laws or outlaws or whinging mamas and papas :-) lol .. ) Have travell much of this great world of ours , much of Asia and my life based out of Indonesia for some 10 years now.. Nearly a year ago now I lost my partner to cancer.., been thru the lows and struggling to keep a happy upside to my outlook , a dear friend sugested I try these guys @ '17, she said,, "Chris these guys will look after you , GO and find your smile agian ... well .. find it i did... It says April for this review but I am a little late with the keybord, cuz I been back in June , I can see a chance to go in September , and already confirmed for xmas and New Years 11/12 .. If your not getting the Idea yet , let me say it a wee bit more plain and clear, !! Get your butt in the plane and on the bar seat for happy hour at the '17 .. There is place here for you , no matter your style , your flavour , your age ,, whatever, got it ?? The Staff and Management and Club One Seven will take care of your every need with the warmest of welcome, genuine smiles all round, and a tweak of intuition to your needs without you even sayin a word.. and if you still don't believe me well thats ok , that is your loss , means will be a room there for me that your not occupying .. for those that go , see you there and a chat over a cocktail , or a beer and a laugh at the pool .. C U there ! Chris

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris_m37
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Finding myself in need of accommodation in Phuket at short notice a friend recommended and booked Club One Seven.
You will see from previous reviews that people say wonderful things about the whole team in Club One Seven and they are right! From organisng an airport pick up at very short notice to recommending a superb cave kayak trip the advice was always spot on. Food was superb and the staff delivered excellent service with a smile!
The setting is just right - away from the immediate noise and bustle of the centre but an easy stroll to the beach and nighlife when you want it.
Will happily go back to this gem of a place delivering great value and service!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Instep
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Club One Seven prides itself on its friendliness and customer service and though there are many pleasant places to stay in Phuket, none comes close to this establishment for making you feel welcome and cherished during your entire stay.

The rooms are simple but elegant and comfortable; the spacious reception, bar and dining area is pleasant and relaxing; the shaded garden, with its Jacuzzi pool and gym offer a quiet place for reading or working out, but it is the amazing good nature and helpfulness of the manager and staff which really distinguish this place and put it in a class of its own.

Open to all, the guesthouse nevertheless has a strongly gay ambience, and the staff all appear to be recruited for their cute appearance as well as their professional skills. Nothing is too much trouble for them, and they never fail to deliver commitments (wake-up calls, laundry on time, early-morning breakfasts, and so on).

This was my third or fourth stay at Club One Seven, and I was just as delighted this time as I had been a few years ago when I stepped into my room and found the towels modelled into swans on the bed and a length of silk folded into the form of a flower. Everything is neat and clean and arrangements of all kinds done easily and efficiently (car hire, tours and excursions and so on).

While the south end of Patong Beach is only a few hundred metres away, the guesthouse is a good walk from the centre of Patong. Sometimes one needs to use a tuk-tuk and grit one’s teeth to pay the minimum 200 Baht fare (a local outrage which I am amazed has not been remedied), but the welcome and goodwill awaiting one at Club One Seven is more than compensation enough for a small inconvenience. (The original guesthouse on the beach front was destroyed by the tsunami; here, on show near reception, there is a golden Buddha wall plaque which was rescued from the old building.)

Once you have been swept up into the welcoming arms of the boss and his cute and efficient entourage, you may find you wish you’d booked a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank BPJH
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Wanting to experience the hustle and bustle of Patong but not wanting to hear it all not long made Club One Seven the perfect place to stay.

Located within five minutes walk of beautiful Patong Beach and ten minutes walk to the nightclubs of Patong this really was a great location.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and always available to assist no matter what the request. A nice touch was the great choice of free breakfasts served to you at any time of the day so you got to have a sleep in after a late night out experiencing the buzzing Patong nightlife.

The rooms were clean, spacious and had everything you needed including extras like spare toothbrushes in case you forgot to bring yours or have a friend sleep over.

We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The service was very friendly and attentive, the rooms beautifully appointed and clean. Little touches such as the different figures made out of the fresh towels placed on our bed each day were lovely. We were really made to feel at home. I'd recommend the guesthouse to any of my friends and look forward to staying there again myself. When I was in Chiang Mai I didn't realise there was a Club OnSeven there as well. On my next trip to the North I'll be sure to stay there as well. Thank you so much guys!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul H
Club17, General Manager at Club One Seven Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Thanks mate for your great review and ratings on tripadvisor.
We will continue to do our very best to keep up with the expectation, and provide all of our guests the best "Home" for the GLBT here in Phuket. That's why we pride ourselves to be "Your Home Away from Home" here in Thailand.
With the addition of our Chiang Mai's home, we hope all of our guests will feel right at Home in the hands of our staffs here at Club One Seven.
Look forward to having you back with us soon.
Daniel and Team
Club One Seven Phuket.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

Perfectly located out of the bustle of Pattong, close enough to the action, but peaceful enough to relax. The food is outstanding...some of the best in town. You must have the special baked pineapple rice.
Simple but perfectly clean and all you could need for a comfortable stay. The staff are so helpful, friendly and caring.
But the greatest asset to Club 17 is the head of the family, your host, Daniel. Daniel makes you feel instantly at home, makes you feel like a friend you have known for years. I have worked in the hospitality industry for 9 years (as a host and cruise director of a luxury cruise line myself) and I can honestly say I have never met a host so sincere as Daniel.
Forget the top resort hotels that will look after your without any personal touches to the soul...Enjoy the simple home comforts of Club 17 (freedom beach is just down the road where you can get your own taste of true tropical paradise...totally deserted and protected from the tide and waves) and enjoy the best that Phuket can offer.

Room Tip: All situated well. Any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RandomSam
Club17, General Manager at Club One Seven Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2011

It is definitely a great honored to get such great reviews and ratings from an ex-Cruise Director (especially from an all-suite cruise liner company). On behalf of Club One Seven Phuket, I want to show you my sincere gratitude for your reviews and ratings.
Just some update, since you guys left, we have extended the Coffee Bar area, and added an Italian Gelato section. So we now offers great flavors of Italian Gelato ice-cream here at the Home Dining Cafe & Lounge.
Personally, I enjoyed every conversation we had in the red sofas area (together with Norman). Hopefully, we shall meet again soon in the near future. Who knows, I might join Norman on the cruise in March 2012.
Cheers,