“Awesome Hotel”

Patong Paragon Resort & Spa
Ranked #120 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Went to Patong Paragon for my 1st honeymoon. Check in was smooth. They showed us our room and explain how things work. Good job on that. Although they didn't get to make our honeymoon arrangements, we are pleased with the room. We booked the Pool access room, it was worth it. The room itself is huge, plus big bathtub. Walking to Patong is quite a distance. Hotel provided shuttle service to Patong. Breakfast was nice too. For dinner, we went to a restaurant opp the hotel for seafood, reasonable price, nice view, Kalim something-something. Staff are nice. Very helpful.

Room Tip: Pool access rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nurulaini89

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was the fourth time in 3 years that my wife and I have stayed at the Patong Paragon and they have never disappointed us. I have reviewed this hotel before so this review is being written now to say how impressed I am that they have maintained their high standards of service and quality. Ignore the people who whine about their experiences - this place really is very good. Yes, the beds are hard and you may need a soft overlay - just ask when you make your booking. To be honest, this time I decided to sleep on the hard bed because I found that I get up with aches and pains on my soft bed at home but, on the hard beds here, I get up free of aches! Maybe there's a reason why they have hard beds in all of their rooms..........?

Room Tip: Book a room with pool access - pay the extra, it is worth it. Also, if you want a softer bed, send a...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Martin H W
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived at the Paragon after a trying experience (it having nothing to do with the hotel and I therefore am not going to discuss it here). I had not reserved this hotel on the internet (and I will never do that again) and the price was higher than I would have liked. We decided to stay one night and make a decision in the morning. Considering we stayed 3 nights says it all. Friendly staff, 1 kg (2 pounds) of fruit free, clean, good breakfast, close to the beach and within walk-able distance (15 min) to the party that is Bangla Road. Did I say quiet - it was. People we met in Patong said they were jealous of the quiet. Internet was off and on but we didn't come to Thailand for the internet. Let the folks at home miss us a little. Great time we had!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed 9 August 2014

i stayed at the hotel two weeks ago. (28/7-3/8/2014)
Hospitality at the hotel was an experience until the moment we left. When leaving, I had to pay 100 baht for a teaspoon that was missing in my room. It is clear to all that I did not take it and she probably is somewhere in the room or thrown in the trash by the cleaners during my seven days at the hotel. Either way, it's just a shame the hotel charge me for such a thing. Feeling insulting and just not realistic. If you do decide to go for this one, I strongly suggest you put in a safe deposit box at the hotel have all the tools until you leave. after paying 42000 baht for staying in the hotel, 100 baht was and still not a money issue, it is not perceived and not acceptable.

Room Tip: takw the pool access room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank rubievenzur
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend the pool access rooms on the ground floor. Room was large and clean, good value for money. Good breakfast choices. 5 min taxi ride to bangla road and shops. The hotel is just over the road from the beach. Free wi fi in Internet cafe, although charged 500 baht for room wi fi for 3 days,
The only annoying thing about this hotel is the flat refusal to provide an iron, I dont mind spending the money on laundry but it would be nice to iron a shirt on arrival.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vetco
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel in the afternoon after 26 hours of travel. As you check in you receive a coupon for 15% off on dinner (once) and a free drink and 1kg of fruit complementary. The room is spacious. We had the pool access room. There's both a shower and a bath. When we wanted to just kick back and relax we'd just stay in the room, or walk into the pool. The pool has pressured water and jaccuzi like pressure bubbled so to us it was very nice. Just outside the hotel there are many stores to buy clothes, water, and anything you need. Looking back at it now I wish I didn't bring half of the stuff I brought with me, everything is available and cheaper too. If you take a walk just west of the hotel there's a restaurant that belongs to the hotel called "Catch and Grill." I highly recommend it! And just across the street from this restaurant there's another restaurant which I highly recommend too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank RuXTaR
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have recently stayed in this hotel for 9 nights we were recommended by someone we know in Thailand. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The pool access room is a must although the early pool closing hours are disappointing. The swim up bar is great and happy hour gives u 3 cocktails for 499THB the lady at the swim up bar was great. My only main concern with this hotel is the bed. Now I have been to Thailand 5 times so I know what the beds are like but this bed was ROCK HARD after the first night my back was aching we asked for a topper to be put on, this never arrived on our third night we finally got the mattress topper and we asked for 2 the bed was bearable after this but still don't expect a comfy nights sleep. We had a room at the back of the hotel but my family had one near the beach and they said the cleaners and room service were up and down past their room with the trolleys and they struggled to have a good nights sleep. Having said that everything else was great, the staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfast is good but it is the same everyday and you will find a lot of the food is cold. Do your self a favour and try the massage place across the road from the hotel next to the 7/11 the ladies are so friendly and it is extremely professional. We are looking forward to coming back to the hotel in December, If they changed the beds I would rate the hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: Pool access room is a must
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple